Trying to perfect a tournament worthy list (2000pts)

Moderator: Council of Elders

BladeWeaver_56
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Warhammer: Wood Elves, 40K: Black Templar

Trying to perfect a tournament worthy list (2000pts)

Post by BladeWeaver_56 »

Anyways, heres my old list:

Wardancer Highborn (BOL, Amber pendant, Annoyance)
BSB (Oaken Armour)
Spellsinger (DS, Calagorin's Staff)

10 Glade Guard
10 Glade Guard
8 Dryads
8 Dryads
19 Eternal Guard (Full Command)

9 Wardancers (Champion)
7 Wild Riders (Full Command, Warbanner)

Treeman

Its a good list for only 8 units i guess. But anyways i want you advice on how i could alter it to make it effective (more effective). As i only won 2 games, tied, and lost once last time around. (Curse those shooting/magic heavy skaven)

Anyway heres a summary of how it went down in last tournament:

Game 1:
Verse: Skaven
Scenario: Flank Attack
Result: Massacre Victory for Skaven

Glade Guard: one tried shooting some skaven/globadiers, but it was inefective. Although they nearly killed the mage (general). The other was deployed on flank and shot at same unit of skaven, also killed off some nightrunners who charged them.

Dryads: Iniffectively deploying them, and forgeting them several turns, one unit was blast by magic because of a teleporting mage. The other was destroyed by some other unit i believe...

Eternal Guard: All firing at theses bad boys saw them all dead before they even got into a good fight (even BSB dead).

WildRiders: Sadly beaten by Plague monks with a censar bearer. Ran away and then ran down.

Wardancers: Despite taking out a the main unit (the mage teleported away). and also a warmachine. But reduce to the lord with 1-2 wounds left.

Treeman: Took out some warmachines, but was shot down by them and jezzails.

Game 2:
Verse: Chaos (Undivided/mainly mortal)
Scenario: Enemies Pride
Result: Massacre Victory for Wood Elves (Me)

Glade Guard: One was immediately charged by daemon prince, thankfully they held long enough so that the wardancer lord and unit could charge in and smoke him (3 wounds, and another 2 for resolution). On the other side of the table the Glade Guard wiped out furries in shooting then Close combat. A few other shots fired but nothing special.

Dryads: One Charged a unit of mauraders, claiming their flag and went back to claim a table quarter. At this point the other unit had nothing to do, so just manouvered all game.

Eternal Guard: They took the charge of the chaos knights, and and due to improper order of my opponent in combat phase, saw my War dancers/lord flank, kill and destroy them. EG then went onto killing more mauraders the next turn and hounds in the end.

WildRiders: Sadly beaten by Chaos knights after i charged them on turn 1 (before they charged the eternal guard). Blast on all those 1'/2's to hit.

Wardancers: Honestly, one of their finest hours. After lord challenged and took out daemon prince, they were charged by dragon ogres. Thanks to their high Weapon skill and good ward save dance they survived, broke the Dragon Ogres (although my lord was wounded, which wasn't good cause he was already wounded by the Daemon prince), and overran into knights before their combat even started. The wardancers/lord killed 3/5 of the guys before combat even began. Then they ran down them with the Eternal Guard. After this they charged a spawn, and then went after the chaos mage,and wiped him out in challenge. I dont think a single Wardancer died and they (well mostly my lord) claimed 1500pts of his army.

Treeman: Moved around and killed a unit of mauraders, hounds, and a spawn.

Thats all i can get in for today. I'll get the other two battles up for tommorow. So far what do you think? I think the EG could be dropped. Despite my love for their capablilites and cool looks, they are very expensive.

BladeWeaver_56
2007 Season Game History to Date
Wood Elves

W T L
10 2 4