WE Fluff question of Kindreds

Come here to play in role playing games, play in AoDs, or show off your latest story creation. This is also the place for fluff questions.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Arthion
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Arthion »

Dark Watcher wrote:every ones talking about the alter kindred having an 18 inch move. Since i dont have the book i am wondering how he gets this ability.
I asume he must ride a stead, if so does he get fast calvary rules (mind you individual models can wheel, shoot and see at will) and can he join unit.

A single 18 ince mover sounds awsome for cannon hunting
Btw. all wood elven characters on elven steeds benefit of the fast cavalry rule. As the elven steeds have it as an ability.
Yup Hummerluver got it right. Alter is an Asrai on epo :).
Thrask
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Skaven, Druchii and 40k Chaos.

Post by Thrask »

No Alter kindreds can't join units.
Kojiro Kakita
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Kojiro Kakita »

Yeah can someone actually explain the fluff on about the Alter Kindred and how they are able to move that fast.
"Battles are not won on strength alone"
The Waywatcher
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by The Waywatcher »

I actually don't know what the fluff for the alter kindred is, I can't make sense of it.

I also would like to ask while on the subject, if you have a Highborn in your army and it is (for example) a Wardancer Kindred, do the Eternal Guard count as core or special?
The Spammurai
recruiting now...
Cthclain
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Cthclain »

Hmmm, all rules so far point to the eternal guard still being core, but it does appear unfluffy.
Fiction has to be believable, reality is under no such restriction
Kojiro Kakita
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Kojiro Kakita »

How so, the Eternal Guardians are guardians who protect specific places so if the enemy is attacking there, there would be quite a few guardians.
"Battles are not won on strength alone"
The Waywatcher
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by The Waywatcher »

@Cthclain, It does seem untrue, I'll ask some of the staff at GW, however I expect that the answer will be the same.

However, it is only 10 pionts to upgrade to an eternal guard kindred :)
The Spammurai
recruiting now...
Eldacar
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Eldacar »

If your general has the Eternal Guard kindred, then Eternal Guard are Core, I believe. If he doesn't, then they're special. I think.
Arthion
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Arthion »

Actually your army must be led by a Highborn to make the Eternal Guard core. If you join the EG with a Highborn or a Noble they get stubborn.
IIRC.
Kalarn
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Kalarn »

The only exception to the highborn rule is if he takes the alter kindred upgrade. Then he can't be general so can't lead the army.
Arthion
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Arthion »

Kojiro Kakita wrote:Yeah can someone actually explain the fluff on about the Alter Kindred and how they are able to move that fast.
They are eremits, that is why they can't join other units. And they are very in tune with the nature. That is why they are faster, more agile etc. than the normal Asrai. They aren't shapeshifters but are somehow possessed by animal spirits I guess.
Aekiran
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Aekiran »

When I read the book I got the feeling that you aren't born into a kindred, it is a choice you make, and it is even possible to change your kindred (at least in some cases).

To answer the original question, (sort of at least): The kinbands are responsible to the highborn that has the task of guarding a certain area, and as such I guess the would all have to answer the call of the highborn, and assist other kinbands in the area, or face the consequenses.
" Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Sun Tzu
danceman
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by danceman »

Woodies arent to hot on people entering the woods so i dont think answering the call would be a problem at all.
However i dont think there are places exclusively made up by different kindreds.

for example the wardancers perform dances at feasts etc etc so they arent only warrior monks so to speak.
the eternal guard would probably be wherever a highborn are.
wardancers/scouts here and there.

Moved to Meadow of Tales forum ~ Schmeag