Host of Wydrioth!

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

Prince Faolan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Host of Wydrioth!

Post by Prince Faolan »

hi, my names Hamzah, i also go by Warboss Grimdakka in most places.
With the return of TOW, im finally collecting the army i've wanted for half my life, since i first saw the Asrai as an 11 year old kid. im probably a lot younger than most people here, so this army is special to me. Its the army i've wanted for as long as i've known warhammer was a thing. So its gonna be a real investment of time and effort for me, every model a conversion, and every regiment a part of the Armys story. were going heavy on the narrative here lads

one of my mates following me into TOW for the first time, is playing dwarfs, and naturally this insult couldn't stand. As a result, my army is a rocky border glade of Wydrioth, upon the pine covered foothills and cliffs of the Grey Mountains, his is a recently established Karak, of dwarfs driven from Karak Eight Peaks, venturing wet to resettle in the Mountainous forts their ancestors built during the War of the beard. Both sides consider their current war to be a continuation of the War of the Beard, for old scores are not yet settled amongst their nobility.

The army is heavily themed around this idea of not letting go of the past, especially the war of the beard, for example my Eternal Guard will be converted from Druchii Spearmen, to represent the Nobility wearing the ancestral arms and armour their Asur kin once did to fight against the dwarfs. each one a family relic passed down across generations, and repaired with what little bronze metal can be mined or pulled from the foothills. while Silver ithilmar is precious, and marks Glade Royalty, or their chosen personal retinues.

Last edited by Prince Faolan on 06 Feb 2024, 06:45, edited 1 time in total.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Re: Host of Wydrioth!

Post by Beithir Seun »

Welcome (again) Hamzah!

Good to have you here, amazing to see someone collected Wood Elves for the first time thanks to TOW.

As you know by now, the site is starting to become active again after so long dormant, but there's plenty of wisdom and sage advice to be found from days of old. Hopefully there will be more people returning to the site, and we can bring things up to date for new "rank-and-flank" players such as yourself!
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Anaya
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves & High Elves

Re: Host of Wydrioth!

Post by Anaya »

Sounds like an army with lots of personality!