Is this community still alive?
New edition is coming and new wood elves army book have it first previews:
https://mega.nz/file/ud8GQTYK#22i7oJN2y ... dWCWPf3LDU
jer732
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Wood elf old world rules preview

Post by jer732 »

Seems dead. I haven't been here since 2015, but I thought TOW might bring people back. I was hoping for some good discussion on the new WE list.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

It's been quite some time since the site was active, although it's kept alive for posterity by the team at Druchii.net.

It's possible TOW might bring people back (although the site address has changed, so that may confuse some). Perhaps there will be some uptake soon, when TOW is officially released at the end of the month...

Even if it's only a handful of people, the site can provide a space to talk Old World! I'll certainly be playing, so would welcome the discussion!
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
sirkently
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Lizardmen, Necrons

Post by sirkently »

Just came back to check myself for activity. Hope this forum becomes lively again.
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

I'm here again :) I missed this place. Not sure about the current theme, eh?

In other news, I'm starting up a podcast again - glad the old world has returned.
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
Boskie43
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Boskie43 »

was an old favorite to peruse. hopefully "life finds a way" for those to come back
Cu-Sith
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Cu-Sith »

I don't think I've been on this forum since back when I could still run a machine gun alter kindred noble. TOW has definitely made the interest in Athel Loren bloom again. Let's hope it brings more of us back here.
MortenLarsen
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves & Vampire Counts - mostly...

Post by MortenLarsen »

Beithir Seun wrote: 12 Jan 2024, 14:32 It's been quite some time since the site was active, although it's kept alive for posterity by the team at Druchii.net.
Maybe the fine team of the Druchii counsel could be persuaded to update asrai.org to fit TOW? :nod:

Although I do enjoy the "Style - Design - Green" banner thing :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The owl askes but never answers."

Character list
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AvkMwC1v8aTy0scTF0V ... g?e=oAA3RC

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

MortenLarsen wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 09:53
Beithir Seun wrote: 12 Jan 2024, 14:32 It's been quite some time since the site was active, although it's kept alive for posterity by the team at Druchii.net.
Maybe the fine team of the Druchii counsel could be persuaded to update asrai.org to fit TOW? :nod:

We're working on it! Downside of the domain expiring is that a lot of media assets may have been lost, and as the site was not active it probably didn't seem worth investing the time in making any changes.

That said, the site has not been actively used in so long that a lot of things have changed since the old site was designed, so it may not be enough to change it back to how it was. I'd be open to suggestions and opinions on what the site should look like now TOW is here.
MortenLarsen
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by MortenLarsen »

Beithir Seun wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 15:42
MortenLarsen wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 09:53

We're working on it! Downside of the domain expiring is that a lot of media assets may have been lost, and as the site was not active it probably didn't seem worth investing the time in making any changes.

That said, the site has not been actively used in so long that a lot of things have changed since the old site was designed, so it may not be enough to change it back to how it was. I'd be open to suggestions and opinions on what the site should look like now TOW is here.
I'm just happy it's still here after all these years. The old sub categories were fine so if they could be reopen for TOW, that would be great

Character list

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

MortenLarsen wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 18:18 I'm just happy it's still here after all these years. The old sub categories were fine so if they could be reopen for TOW, that would be great
That's the goal, I think. I created a catch-all TOW category to get us started, and to get an idea exactly how much activity we get, rather than creating all the sub-categories and them not get used. So far things are looking promising, so we'll look at creating better organisation as the number of threads/posts increases
MortenLarsen
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by MortenLarsen »

Beithir Seun wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 23:35
MortenLarsen wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 18:18 I'm just happy it's still here after all these years. The old sub categories were fine so if they could be reopen for TOW, that would be great
That's the goal, I think. I created a catch-all TOW category to get us started, and to get an idea exactly how much activity we get, rather than creating all the sub-categories and them not get used. So far things are looking promising, so we'll look at creating better organisation as the number of threads/posts increases
:D :thumbsup:

Character list