Naestra and Arahan, The Sisters of Twilight

Share your tactical prowess and learn new ways of beating your foes with all the might of the Asrai.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Akorndr2
Newcomer
Newcomer

Naestra and Arahan, The Sisters of Twilight

Post by Akorndr2 »

just had a game with them on the eagle, they proved their worth taking 3 lucky stone throwers to knock it out (forgot look out sir) and i really liked their ability to kill monsters giving something else besides deepwood scouts to kill warmachines and monsters how else do you like them
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: Naestra and Arahan, The Sisters of Twilight

Post by Phil Rossiter »

Magic's the other way but yeah, they certainly bring something unique to the table.
Akorndr2
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Akorndr2 »

i found that while not doing a lot they just bring something to wood elves which they generally lack, solid character does fairly well what it does and fills out a niche for 245 for a 6 wound model :P it is fantastic
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Post by Billthesurly »

They can take out a revetted war machine each turn. Used them against Dwarves in a Storm of Magic game two weeks ago. Awesome. Just make sure you don't parade them out in front of any pair of war machines or a large group of shooters and one war machine... or two large groups of shooters.... you get the point.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Akorndr2
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Akorndr2 »

With 30" shooting and 20" movement should be easy
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Akorndr2 wrote:i found that while not doing a lot they just bring something to wood elves which they generally lack, solid character does fairly well what it does and fills out a niche for 245 for a 6 wound model :P it is fantastic
yeah the only problem being that their rules are unclear. But if you can get your opponent to play them as 2x a 3 W char on a bird with the conjoined destiny rule.. hell yeah.. then they are VERY good for their points and should be an auto include :D.
Akorndr2
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Akorndr2 »

they better bloody will, i understand it completely eagle is a monstrous mount should be pretty simple
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

There is a lot of argument over it.

Best to agree it before you play maybe. But if your opponent and you agree anyway, no problem.
bjoernuhlig
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tomb Kings

Post by bjoernuhlig »

by Akorndr2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:03 am

they better bloody will, i understand it completely eagle is a monstrous mount should be pretty simple

Did he just really say that? "Should be simple"?

Word of advice. If no one in your group asks about it, DO NOT read the numerous threads on this forum. Just keep on rocking
Akorndr2
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Akorndr2 »

People need to read faqs for characters on mountrous mounts i dont understand the confusion. Each of the sisters has 3 wounds you cant target the mount as it is a single model but each sister is clearly two models on a single model simple lol
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council

Post by Billthesurly »

I agree. Plain as the nose on your face. The only people who have trouble with it are those who want to have trouble with it. (In my not-so-humble opinion.)
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Akorndr2 wrote:People need to read faqs for characters on mountrous mounts i dont understand the confusion. Each of the sisters has 3 wounds you cant target the mount as it is a single model but each sister is clearly two models on a single model simple lol
THere are people who say it's 2x 3 wounds at T 4 ( + conjoined)
THere are peopel who say it's 1x3 at T4 because according to the rules of monstrous only the wounds and T of the mount count (the wounds would replenish every phase)
and there are people who say 2x 2 wounds at T4 (not sure why but I guess as a compromise to the whiners in their play group.

I'd say it IS 2x3 wounds at T4 myself. ANd then they are a very good include.
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council

Post by Billthesurly »

Well that's why they call them "special" characters!