Greetings all

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

eyespI
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Elven Hosts (WHFB), Eldar (WH40K)

Greetings all

Post by eyespI »

Hello everyone, I'm eyespI
I picked this name because it's my internet pseudonym wherever I go, it's a play on words and I wear glasses so I thought it was appropriate.
I'm 24 years old at present. I live on the Olympic Peninsula in the great state of Washington. I'm currently in the US Navy as a sonarman, my passion however is writing. Writing my Army's fluff and fanfiction is all I'm up to currently but I'm always getting/brainstorming new ideas for novels and screenplays.

I'm still a newb at this whole Warhammer thing, been collecting for a few months but have been into the Lore for a few years now. First GW product: pre-6th Edition Eldar Codex.
Honestly, I started out buying some High Elves, because I didn't want to be too dependent on a terrain type for my army to be most effective (I did not realize at the time that Welves could just bring at least 2 forests with them whenever, wherever).

My original theme for Helves-only was going to be an Everqueen-Avelorn Army because I still liked the concept of a natural paradise-type thing; Also Alarielle was (and is even more now!) pure awesome.
Now with End Times: Khaine removing restrictions I've decided to make "my guys" a little bit more "Mine" - instead of basing them around a named character from the Army Book, I'm basing them around "Me": an Archmage formerly of the Tower of Hoeth, now the last of his line. Seeing as Athel Loren is now the power base for the entire Elven family, I thought it best to put down roots here instead of Ulthuan or Druchii.

I have a few friends who play Fantasy, primarily Skaven, Undead Legions, and Dwarfs. Many more who play Space Marines-I mean 40K.
The only Wood Elf models I've bought so far are a unit of Eternal Guard. Still working on the fluff and crunch of my army but I'm leaning towards a "Household Guard" type thing. So balanced between Cavalry, Infantry, and Magic/Artillery. The Eternal Guard will be the stalwart core of my army, my ever-loyal Swordmasters of Hoeth are my personal Guard while my 'City Watch'/Scouts will be a clan of Shades led by my BSB, a Master.

Personal favorite Welf model? Lookswise: Waywatcher, I'm a sucker for cloaked and hooded archers. Lorewise: Drycha, Briarmaven of Woe. I'm looking to make a Wildwood army (using just the Welf Army Book for TREES) based around her and Coeddil since I don't plan on including Forest Spirits in my 'main' army.

Favorite Unit for the Welfs? Sisters of the Thorn: Chicks on Stags getting up to all kinds of magic shenanigans
Favorite unit in WHFB? Witch Elves, because I'm still a horny teenager at heart. (They also kill stuff, like really well)
If I had to go with a seasonal paint scheme, I'd go with autumn. Love those colors, and autumn is my favorite season.

I heard about you guys via 1d4chan, you're listed in the Wood Elf section.

I have no idea what the LEAF thing is.

I have seen the Forum rules and Guidelines, I'm not a douchebag I promise.

I like this site so far, better than Ulthuan at any rate. They seem to still have their heads in the sand and refuse to believe this whole End Times thing is any more than just a 'campaign'. A lot of folks are REALLY butthurt about Malekith. But yeah, Asrai seems much more welcoming.

No dark secrets to share at this time. :ninja:

Huh, no question 13. Did not catch that.

Something else you should know about me...I'm a Brony who's first anime was Sailor Moon. I'm also straight. I don't care for stereotypes.

Hope I fit in :crazy:
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." CS Lewis
"Of course it's happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it's not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Re: Greetings all

Post by hutobega »

Welcome to the forest! I hope you enjoy our stay. It's a little crowded with all the druchi and asur coming in but hey the more the ... better chance of survival I suppose! Good luck on building your army and def if you have question ask them here. this is one of the best communities I have ever been a part of!
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Welcome.

I love hooded models too.. I don't have the new ones yet but even the old ones ( http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... illion.jpg ) I do have I like a lot (I didn't paint those, just a pic from the net.. mine don't look that good). The new ones are even better and the waywatcher lord model is awesome.

Why go for shades as scouts though.. our WE scouts are nice with their hagbanes to kill warmachines.

I'd put the wildwood army on hold untill you have a complete "main" army.

Ow and I hate autumn paints (I like dark greens and browns for my army) but.. I guess I don't have to play with it.

GL HF
eyespI
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Elven Hosts (WHFB), Eldar (WH40K)

Post by eyespI »

Reason I went with Shades was two-fold 1) Fluff, my Shades are led by my BSB who has a relationship with my Lord. 2) They are Special, whereas the Welf scouts (waywatchers I believe) are Rare. My Rare slot I have planned to be filled with Sisters of Avelorn and Sisters of the Thorn.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." CS Lewis
"Of course it's happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it's not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

eyespI wrote:Reason I went with Shades was two-fold 1) Fluff, my Shades are led by my BSB who has a relationship with my Lord. 2) They are Special, whereas the Welf scouts (waywatchers I believe) are Rare. My Rare slot I have planned to be filled with Sisters of Avelorn and Sisters of the Thorn.

Nono we have scouts (special) with the option to get our special Arrows.
AND we have SUPER scouts (waywatchers) who have +1 BS, 2 handweapons and can shoot either multishot 2 or negate all armor.. these guys are rare.

But if you go shades for fluff that is your decision ofc.