Hello Woods!

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

Merrydownjade
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elf (sooooon)

Hello Woods!

Post by Merrydownjade »

Hello to you all, New Warhammer player here, attracted by all the pretty elves and cool looking tree people :) haven't actually got any models yet but I bought the army book and waiting till after the Holidays to buy my army just thought Id sign up to a forum devoted to the army I'm wanting to use :D
Blessed Be.
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Re: Hello Woods!

Post by Billthesurly »

Mae govannon. Merry meetings and well met again.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Merlin Elf friend
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Merlin Elf friend »

Merry meet/welcome to the Forum, Merrydownjade.

I hope you enjoy your Wood Elf experience; I always think that getting the Army Book first for any new army is the way to go!

Good Hunting - Merlin Elf friend
Merrydownjade
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Merrydownjade »

Merlin Elf friend wrote:Merry meet/welcome to the Forum, Merrydownjade.

I hope you enjoy your Wood Elf experience; I always think that getting the Army Book first for any new army is the way to go!

Good Hunting - Merlin Elf friend
Well I thought the book was so well made that Id get it first to learn about what I'm collecting, and the big rule book that is :crazy: you could beat a man to death with that thing.
Blessed Be.
Merlin Elf friend
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

You might also like the End of Times Khaine Book, this is also very well made with lots of good art work.

The hard back version is currently out of stock; but I expect a soft cover version will be released in the New Year (no I don't have shares in GW LOL!).

Regards Merlin E.f.
Merrydownjade
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Merrydownjade »

Merlin Elf friend wrote:You might also like the End of Times Khaine Book, this is also very well made with lots of good art work.

The hard back version is currently out of stock; but I expect a soft cover version will be released in the New Year (no I don't have shares in GW LOL!).

Regards Merlin E.f.
Are you sure you don't have shares? ;)
Blessed Be.
Merlin Elf friend
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Have to agree about the BIG Red Book, it does take some carting around, especially if you have one of the larger Army Cases as well!

Read your army list in the other thread; the one thing I might consider, if I was just starting out with the new WE Army book is to swap/part exchange ONE box of Glade Riders for a box of Sisters/Wild Riders (you do however only get 5 Sisters against 8 GR and the UK cost difference is £2.50 MORE for the Sisters).

Use this box as Wild Riders, keeping the Sister Torso's for mounted mages, any spare Elven Steeds can be made into a Unicorn quite easily however. There are threads on this forum covering this conversion if it appeals to you!

Happy Yule Tide Merlin E.f.
Merrydownjade
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Merrydownjade »

Merlin Elf friend wrote:Have to agree about the BIG Red Book, it does take some carting around, especially if you have one of the larger Army Cases as well!

Read your army list in the other thread; the one thing I might consider, if I was just starting out with the new WE Army book is to swap/part exchange ONE box of Glade Riders for a box of Sisters/Wild Riders (you do however only get 5 Sisters against 8 GR and the UK cost difference is £2.50 MORE for the Sisters).

Use this box as Wild Riders, keeping the Sister Torso's for mounted mages, any spare Elven Steeds can be made into a Unicorn quite easily however. There are threads on this forum covering this conversion if it appeals to you!

Happy Yule Tide Merlin E.f.
ooooh will consider that thank you.

Happy Yule Tide!
Blessed Be.