A skulking Chaos Dwarf introducing himself.

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

Bloodbeard
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Chaos Dwarfs

A skulking Chaos Dwarf introducing himself.

Post by Bloodbeard »

Hello Asrai members. I'm Bloodbeard.

In Warhammer
I spend most of my warhammer time building and playing with the Dawi Zharr - Chaos Dwarfs. After being out of the hobby for many years, I started a CD army 1,5 years ago. The project was to follow a few rules: 1. All scratch build or converted. 2. All super cheap made from garbage, scavenged bits and toys. And recently pushing my green stuff sculpting skills.

My Chaos Dwarf army i now nearing 3000 points. I spend most of my online hobby time over at Chaos Dwars Online and is a fairly active user and contributor. If you want to, feel free to speed look my Army Blog - The Blooded Horde of Zantromm. Feel free to leave a comment in this thread, as any constructive criticism is always welcome.

Here's a few pictures of the work I've done, much more in the blog (Edit - most turned out to wide!):

In real life
I'm a school teacher, living in Denmark. Family man, I have four kids and a lovely wife. So hobby time is of cause fairly limited, but the kids are in to HeroQuest and have started painting their own miniatures. Currently I'm on paternity leave until spring, so that leaves a bit more time for hobby work.

Woodelves - the Asrai
A couple of weeks ago, late at night, my wife started asking to the warhammer world, the history, the fluff, the rules, she wanted to understand it. Actually she interogated me for 2,5 hours and just before falling asleep she said: "I think I would be the wood elves, I want to try it.

Well then! Never let an oppotunity like that slip! And today was was lucky winning a lot in an auction on Danish miniature wargames forum Powerfist.dk. Got 2 liters of wood elf bits: Wild Riders, Glade Guard, Treemen, Dryads, Sisters of Thorn, Horses and a lot more. Price: Just under 6 euro including shipping. What I need now is bodies. Any kind of elf body bits. Old or new, mono or multi pose, dark high og wood elf. It doesn't matter - the result will loook good.

But having the basics for some heroes and all kind of walking trees. Same principles as for the Chaos Dwarf army. I now nothing about Wood Elves. No one in my group plays them. So I'll skulk around the forum, look at tactics and armylists. I need to figure out where to start, what regiments to build and convert. One thing is certain - this army will be the direct opposite of my Chaos Dwarf army. No armor, no beards, no war machines and no fire!

When the project kicks off, I'll start an army blog here too.

Thanks for reading! Fire and ash!
Alcidas
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: A skulking Chaos Dwarf introducing himself.

Post by Alcidas »

Welcome to Asrai!