+Strength and bows

All questions about difficult rules in here; for both Asrai as well as other armies.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Woollymammoth
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

+Strength and bows

Post by Woollymammoth »

If I cast Power of Darkness (+1 Str) on Deepwood Scouts, and then they shoot, are their shots resolves at 4 strength instead of 3?

Not sure if there is an issue with the fact that the longbow is listed at 3 strength in its own profile.
JAMOB
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Other than Wood Elves, lots of Blood Angels and a bit of IG, Eldar and Orcs.

Re: +Strength and bows

Post by JAMOB »

This would work only if the longbow was s:user, like the BoL is A:user+1. Sorry mate~ though with Withering you can get the same affect
Woollymammoth
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Woollymammoth »

That's a great tip. The Withering must be a popular spell for WE. With an average of -2 T, that's a lot of potential for wounds. Shadow must be a popular lore pick. I imagine charging with some Wildwood Rangers then popping off a Mindrazor is fun as hell.

Bow of Loren is an Asrai Longbow with an extra attack so its in the same boat. The spear appears to be user so that would benefit.
Lassoto
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tomb Kings, Skaven

Post by Lassoto »

Woollymammoth wrote:That's a great tip. The Withering must be a popular spell for WE. With an average of -2 T, that's a lot of potential for wounds. Shadow must be a popular lore pick. I imagine charging with some Wildwood Rangers then popping off a Mindrazor is fun as hell.

Bow of Loren is an Asrai Longbow with an extra attack so its in the same boat. The spear appears to be user so that would benefit.
When shooting an Asrai longbow you get 1 shot no matter how many attacks are on your profile, Bow of Loren gives you the number of attacks on your profile plus 1.

For example a glade captain with an asrai longbow gets 1 shot, on the other hand if he had a bow of loren he would get 4 shots.
skilgannon82
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by skilgannon82 »

has anyone tried beasts sig spell and dark magic sig spell combined on sisters spears bringing them to S5, that could be an interesting combo that id like to see tried out
8th W/D/L 18/0/3
O and G 1/0/0
VC 1/0/0
dwarves 1/0/0
DE 2/0/0
LM 3/0/0
TK 2/0/0
WOC 2/0/0
empire 2/0/0
HE 0/0/1
ogres 2/0/0
skaven 1/0/0
WE 1/0/2
Cold73
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Cold73 »

The Withering must be a popular spell for WE.
Withering is indeed a very popular spell, however since most of the spells in the lore of Shadow are only useful in Close Combat, you will see that most everyone will dispell only that spell. The one exception is when one of your units of Wild Riders is about to enter into combat.
Strategos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Strategos »

skilgannon82 wrote:has anyone tried beasts sig spell and dark magic sig spell combined on sisters spears bringing them to S5, that could be an interesting combo that id like to see tried out
Ah sure just pop a mindwazowrwr on them. That's the ticket.
Typo
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Typo »

Mind razor won't work on the thrown javelins though, read the spell again.
Nagathi wrote:Typo is correct.
Illidan, in #Albion wrote:<Illidan|the_sandwichman> But it's so kinky and funny... and... kinky!
* Illidan|the_sandwichman rides Typo|lunch