2400 Triple Anraheir List

Discuss your latest army list or composition, or ideas on how to create your next tournament-winning army.

Moderator: Council of Elders

bjoernuhlig
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tomb Kings

2400 Triple Anraheir List

Post by bjoernuhlig »

Name states it all, a list composed around triggering DT-tests. To be used vs. Vampires, DE, HE and Gobelins. There is a Dwarf player in my group. I wont try this against him. It is possible to go real nasty and take 3 Units of SotT to Spam Anraheirs, but in this case I could kick the LVL 4 and go full MSU. A possibility though. I am using this list as a map to think about the current army I am building and what models to get. To make it more of an all comers list, I should possibly bring 2 Eagles. It is open for discussion, whatcha thinking`?

New Roster (2396pts)
Lords (340pts)
• Spellweaver (340pts) : (AB) Acorns of the Ages, Elven Steed, Level 4, Lore of Beasts

Heroes (353pts)
• Glade Captain (148pts) : (AB) Hail of Doom Arrow, Asrai Longbow, Asrai Spear, Battle Standard, Elven Steed, Light Armor, Shield, Starfire Shafts
• Shadowdancer (100pts)
• Spellsinger (105pts) : (BRB) Dispel Scroll, Lore of Heavens

Core (602pts)
• Eternal Guard (282pts) : Champion, 22x Eternal Guard, Musician, Standard Bearer
(BRB) Banner of Eternal Flame
• Glade Guard (160pts) : Musician, 10x Glade Guard, 10x Hagbane Tips,
• Glade Guard (160pts) : Musician, 10x Glade Guard, 10x Hagbane Tips,
Special (861pts)
• Deepwood Scouts (80pts) : 5x Deepwood Scouts, 5x Trueflight Arrows
• Deepwood Scouts (80pts) : 5x Deepwood Scouts, 5x Trueflight Arrows
• Sisters of the Thorn (181pts) : 6x Sisters of the Thorn, Standard Bearer, (BRB) Lichebone Pennant
• Sisters of the Thorn (130pts) : 5x Sisters of the Thorn
• Wild Riders (140pts) : Musician, 5x Wild Riders
• Wild Riders (130pts) : 5x Wild Riders
• Wildwood Rangers (120pts) : Musician, 10x Wildwood Rangers
Rare (240pts)
• Waywatchers (120pts) : 6x Waywatchers
• Waywatchers (120pts) : 6x Waywatchers

The idea is to spam forests (2-4). Lay them out only in one half of the table and hide in them. Use Anraheirs Curse as much as possible, in most games I should get it. If I dont roll it I still have it 2 times.
BSB, Lvl 1 and Shadowdancer go into the EG. All archers are stationary, safe the Scouts, hence they get trueflights to move and shoot through forests on 3+.
Beastmagic to boost the EG if necessary, and for the curse obviously.
My mage goes into the LichboneSisters, all the other Cav units vanguard around and try to get in position. Deployment should be OK, no matter how the forests scatter, with 4 Scouts and 4 Vanguarding units.
Tactics and Synergies I am looking at:
- +1 to cast in a forest should be there almost always, another +1 (-1 on the spell value) if casted on the WR and SotT.
- IF Casting Anraheirs Curse from the one sister unit, if necessary. Wyssans on who needs it most.
- EG in forests. Nuff said. Shadowdancer to kill Rank bonuses. Scouts are stubborn in forests, if I charge them clever enough they may hold a round (the one surviver that is).
- Combining Heavens Signature (-1 Ld) with the curse makes panic tests so much harder to pass.
- Cav, EG, Scouts all go in the forest area, 2xGG and one or two WW are sitting back in the free area in my DZ to cover that area with banearrows and MS2/HEA-Shooting.

I am thinking to kick out a Sister for Calaingors Staff and another musician for the WR. But my LVL4 bunker gets very small if I do this.
***EDIT: just realized I have my BSB on a steed, but he should be on foot in the EG. So Calaingors is included :)***

****A question arises: If I cast a boosted savage Beast, I target the mage herself. So I get the -1, dont I? Even if all the other targets (EG Bunker with chars) are not affected by the lore attribute. That would make Savage Beast require a net value of 14 (15 outside a forest), down from 20.