Orion & Durthu's Test

Here is the place for all your reports of battles against those who seek to defile our sacred glades.

Moderator: Council of Elders

OkamiHanzo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Orion & Durthu's Test

Post by OkamiHanzo »

Orion & Durthu's Test
Deployment : 5" in, (30" away)
Terrain : Building, Basic Forest, Ruin
WoodElves vs Skaven # (1025pt vs 1023pt)

Orion- 2 Hounds
Durthu- Lv1 (Beast) spells{Amber Spear}

VS

Vermin Lord- Lv4 (Ruin) spells{Warp-Lightning, Howling Warpgale, Scorch, Cracks Call}
WarLord-(Mount:BoneBreaker)WeepingBlade, Armour Destiny, Potion Strength, Shield,*Warpmusket
Hell Pit Abomination- Warpstone Spikes

What are your thoughts? :ninja:
Hopefully I can get some predictions; before I post the Results. You maybe surprised by the Outcome.;;
Malkrit
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Orion & Durthu's Test

Post by Malkrit »

I think the skaven have a fair chance of beating you here. Durthu will surely die quickly unless he gets to treewack the hellpit. Orion seems so be the real problem.
robtion
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Vampire Counts, Wood Elves

Post by robtion »

Sounds fun, look forward to hearing the result :thumbsup:
Ember of the Hidden Paths
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Ember of the Hidden Paths »

Quite possible you shot down the vermin lord with spear and bow and then played ring around the rosy with the other two. That would probs be your best chance.
One does not simply take a Wild Rider charge...
OkamiHanzo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by OkamiHanzo »

Orion & Durthu's Test

I wish I could give an exact play by play Battle Report with pictures but this will mainly be a summary of the Challege.

Turn 1
Skaven won first turn and marched up, Nothing eventful , Warplightning failed to wound Durthu.... The Hell Pit was raging down the center With the Vermin Lord close by, The Mounted Skaven Warlord advanced up the Flank taking clever cover behind terrain.

WoodElves turn 1 was a Amber Spear into the Hell Pit Causing 2 wounds, While Orion enjoyed Shooting at the Vermin Lord causing 2 wounds also.

Turn 2
Skaven Advance further across the Board, This time Vermin Lord throws 6dice at Cracks Call towards Durthu, No miscast and the WoodElves were not able to dispell it......... Luck shined down and Durthu was able to pass his Initiative test of 2 ......With extra power dice Scorch was cast but failed to wound.

WoodElves were in good postition to charge but Decieded to shoot again this round. Magic the Amber Spear was dispelled unfortuantly ,. And Shooting completely failed ... Orion rolled terrible a lot of 1's to wound.

Turn 3
Skaven Charge the Hell Pit into Durthu, which left the Vermin Lord in the shadow of the Abomination blocking shots from Orion.,, The Warlord takes a WarpMusket shot at Orion failing to hit.....Combat: The Hell Pit inflicts 2 wounds with Impact hits and only 1 wound with his 3D6 attacks lol, Durth does 2 wounds to the Hell Pit.,, Skaven win combat Durthu Holds his ground.

WoodElves Orion charges the Flank of the Hell Pit, ASF slices him to pieces ( Hellpit dies with no Rebirth) Orion Over Runs into the Vermin Lord...

Turn 4
Skaven are crumbling, The wounded Vermin Lord cant stand against The KinG Orion,, The Rat Demon is slayed , The Creeping Warlord is still to far to charge this turn and kills a Hound of Orion with his Warp Musket shot.

WoodElves reform and advace towards the Cowering Warlord shooting everthing they had.....Orion's 6 shots hit , 4 wound but the Skaven Warlord saves at 4+ so only 1 wound goes through..

Turn 5
Warlord Drinks his potion and Charges Durthu, 14" away needing an 8 he rolls a 7 ....ouch Failed Charge,

WoodElves take the Warlord's Failed Charge as another chance to shoot the Rat dead.... Orion stands his ground and Durthu advances within shooting range, All of Durthu's shots failed to Wound, and Orion only managed 1 wound through (Skaven Warlord Wounds 2/4).

Turn 6 (Final Turn)
Skaven Warlord charges Durthu, easily making his short distance, Durthu does a stand & shoot reaction but nothing pierces through....
Combat,, Last Blood-
The Skaven Warlord combinded with His mount will have 9 attacks before Durthu will even have a chance to strike.,,, Both are wounded at this point;
Warlord hits but none of his D3 wound weapon strikes actually Wound Durthu; although the BoneBreaker Rat Ogre had enough strength to inflict 1 wound ! Survivng the assult Durthu struck back with a violent Rage. He managed to Slay the Warlord inflicting 3 unsaved wounds (6 hits, 5 wound).

WoodElves Win !!! Total Annihalation
robtion
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Vampire Counts, Wood Elves

Post by robtion »

Wow, that went differently than I would have expected. I had a feeling that the Skaven were going to cause some pain there. Nice to see Orion and the tree get a win.

Best of 3?
seanr
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by seanr »

What about giving the Warlord the Fellblade?