Hockey around the world.

Anything not at all related to Warhammer goes here. That includes all humor not fitting for the other forums.
Posts in Off Topic do not increase your post count.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Aemir
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Hockey around the world.

Post by Aemir »

I'm shocked... Canada just lost during 1/8 finals to Finland. U.S.A. lost to Czech Republic.
Imho that is a serious factor that CHL (Continental Hockey League - Eurasian) is gaining weight and shows awesome hockey. I'm glad Russian new coach at last threw away old NHL players, holding only Ovee and Malkin, getting new young CHL players. Now they blast like old good Red Machine.
Aemir
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Re: Hockey around the world.

Post by Aemir »

Sorry, Finland... but Red Goez Fasta!!!
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

(Northern) European and Russian Hockey has always been good. That's why the NHL is all Canadians, Swedes, Finns and Russians. I'm a bit sad that Sweden didn't get all the way to the finals, but things could have been worse.

~ Naggie
RonRJW
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by RonRJW »

Naggie wrote:(Northern) European and Russian Hockey has always been good. That's why the NHL is all Canadians, Swedes, Finns and Russians. I'm a bit sad that Sweden didn't get all the way to the finals, but things could have been worse.

~ Naggie
Its not ALL Canadians, Swedes, Finns and Russians. Players from the U.S. make up 21% of the NHL, second largest behind Canadian players. Swedes, Finns and Russians about 13% combined. That 13% is a very talented lot, to be sure, probably more so than the U.S. players in "scoring prowess", but scoring isn't the only talent it takes to win in the NHL. I cant let my boys go unmentioned. :D
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

I feel a lot of the goal keepers have been swedes the past few years. Sure, we haven't had many. But the ones we've had have been top three in NHL every darn time. It's not always about scoring prowess. Players like Tommy Salo, Henrik Lundqvist and Johan hedberg sure makes up for some of it =)
http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/national ... stats.html

~ Naggie
RonRJW
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by RonRJW »

All 3 of those players are in an elite class. Being from Tampa Bay, I have watched Victor Hedman show signs of greatness in a majority of games this past season, a future STAR for sure, one of my fav players. :)