Ab pick of whwk riders, page 70-71

Discuss anything related to the Asrai, our forests, or camps around the Old World in here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Clutch
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ab pick of whwk riders, page 70-71

Post by Clutch »

Heya,

Did anyone else notice that on the pages 70-71 at the back there are some warhawk riders and 2 of those 3 birds seem to carry new rider models?
Could they be making a new finecast set with the old rider being just redone?
The new riders dont seem to have those weird treehelms so maybe they are just leaving the one with the helm to act as the champion.
Oregonwoodelf
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves and Warriors of Chaos

Re: Ab pick of whwk riders, page 70-71

Post by Oregonwoodelf »

yeah, the riders do look different. When I picked up the new book at my game store the employe told me to expect another WE miniature release down the road. I took it with a grain of salt, because he is new and I don't know him personally. There are rumors that GW is release all the books for 8th. Then releasing 9th and doing small releases with rules in white dwarfs/digital downloads. I think they are trying to do things more like privateer press or something of that nature. I don't think we will know until it happens though...
Fitz
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Dwarves, Wood Elves, Tyranids

Post by Fitz »

Gonna compare those on p80 with my models when I get home - they are unassembled and in blisters (the place they have been for about 5 years...!) It seems to me that the spears look different.
Straylight
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Tau, Tyranids, Orks, Space Marines; Wood Elves, Dwarves, Lizardmen; Gray Company/Arnor (LotR/WotR)

Post by Straylight »

<delurk>
Clutch wrote:Did anyone else notice that on the pages 70-71 at the back there are some warhawk riders and 2 of those 3 birds seem to carry new rider models?
Nope. Those are both this model with the spear arm glued on at a funny angle, and with head swaps from Glade Guard.

They slip conversions into the official photography from time to time; there was an awesome and completely unremarked-upon kitbashed Spiritseer that popped up in White Dwarf about a year ago. I don't have the book in front of me to check, but I believe it might've shown up in the Codex too.

</delurk>
(Gravity Not Included)