G'day

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

Elessehta of Yvresse
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: High Elves, Dark Angels, Wood Elves.

G'day

Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Hi guys, I almost started Wood Elves when I first started, but then the new Starter set had High Elves so I went that way. My High Elves are huge, and I love them, but with the new book I'll be starting my Asrai.
I had the pleasure to use them in Smith's Fluffyhammer events on Universal Battle, and hope to replicate my lists and fluff with the new book. So I won't be spamming Glade Guard, and sticking with the Fluffyhammer winter theme, I won't have Forest Spirits, not even the cool new Wild Riders. I'll be picking up my book from GW Saturday morning, and when I get back from the Bolt Action tournament that day, I'll have a sit down and start going through it.
dusk1983
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Tyranids, Tau, Blood Angels and Wood Elves

Re: G'day

Post by dusk1983 »

Welcome to the forum!
...So if you're addressing me direct, just call me Lance or Dusk, no 1983 please.
Chaos dwarf tactica: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23535
Chaos dwarf plog: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23159
SquidBoy
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by SquidBoy »

Welcome!
No GG and no forest spirits. Not much left :)
Elessehta of Yvresse
Newcomer
Newcomer

HaHa There will be at least one unit of GG, maybe two depending on how many Eternal Guard I end up with.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thought I'd best do this;

1. What is your name? Elessehta
2. Why did you choose this nickname; what does it mean? It's a composite word made by mashing other elvish words together, it's the Tengwar meaning for one of my Brothers names.
3. How old are you? Thirty-three this year.
4. Where in the world do you live? Queensland, Australia
5. What is your current occupation? I'm a labourer in a Steel shop.
6. Would you consider yourself to be naive, artistic and impulsive, or more considerate, analytical and theorizing? A little from column A, a little from column B? Maybe more B.
7. What drew you to Wood Elves? When I first started I really loved the art work, and I can't help but love Elves
8. Do you play any other Warhammer fantasy armies? High Elves.
9. Do you have many friends whom you can play? Yes, many.
10. Have you bought any Wood Elf models yet? Nope =(
11. What type of army would you like? Speed? Shooting? Magic? Monsters? Combat.
12. Which of the Wood Elf models is your personal favourite? War Dancers
14. What is your favourite unit in the Wood Elven army? The old version of Eternal Guard.
15. What is your favourite unit in the entire range of Warhammer? Sword Masters of Hoeth.
16. There are many different seasons to paint Wood Elves in (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter). Have you decided on any, and if so, which? Winter, I dislike forest spirits.
17. On to the community questions. How did you hear about us? I was in one of the online Campaigns last year, it may have been hosted or run by you lads.[/i]
18. Have you seen our LEAF article database thingy? (link on the top right) I have, looks a little threadbare.
19. Have you had the time eyeball our Forum Rules & Guidelines yet? Of course, mandatory first thing you should do when joining a forum.
20. What do you think of the site so far? Reminds me of Ulthuan a little, only green.
21. Do you have any dark secrets to share? Don't tell anyone, but I'm really a Prince of the Yvressii
22. Did you notice there was no question #13? :) I did, figured you guys would be superstitious.
23: Is there something else we should know about you before we start to dissect your personal life? I love fluff, and stories. Coming from Ulthuan where we're spoiled a little by having some amazing writers pop is and post stories, I look forward to reading all of your adventures.
Malkrit
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Malkrit »

The LEAF articles are being archived, that's why the database is so empty right now.
We're already working hard on collecting new data though and I would advise following Tethlis' Army Blog in the Glade of Generals. Coming from Ulthuan you'll probably be familliar with his format.

Good luck and don't get lost!
Elessehta of Yvresse
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ah, I'm familiar with Tethlis, he used to post a lot of batreps on Ulthuan.