New Daemon's of Chaos Models

For threads that relate to Non-Asrai Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, Warmaster or any other wargame.

Moderator: Council of Elders

aPickledGinger
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves

New Daemon's of Chaos Models

Post by aPickledGinger »

Josh
.-=Low Comp Crew=-.
.-=Leadership 2=-.
@aPickledGinger
Playonwords
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Re: New Daemon's of Chaos Models

Post by Playonwords »

I have to say - the majority of those new sculpts look utterly ridiculous.

Thanks for sharing though
dusk1983
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Tyranids, Tau, Blood Angels and Wood Elves

Post by dusk1983 »

i quite like them from what i can make out.

So whats the consensus? White Dwarf Wave or Army book? I'm hoping for army book, only because for each other army book thats out of the way, we're one book closer to getting our very own! :smoke:
...So if you're addressing me direct, just call me Lance or Dusk, no 1983 please.
Chaos dwarf tactica: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23535
Chaos dwarf plog: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23159
Playonwords
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Playonwords »

Pretty sure its an army book - due in March. Heres a copied post from wargamerau from someone who's found out somehow:

From pizzaguardian at Dakkadakka

New Range Items

Warhammer: Daemons of Chaos

96 page full colour, hardback Warhammer Armies book

Codex: Chaos Daemons

· 104 page full colour, hardback Codex

Chaos Daemons: Plague Drones of Nurgle

This box contains a multipart plastic kit that makes three Plague Drones that are multi-posable and offer collectors a large variety when assembling them

Chaos Daemons: Burning Chariot of Tzeentch/Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot of Tzeentch

This box contains a multipart plastic kit that makes either a Burning Chariot of Tzeentch or a Herald of Tzeentch on a Burning Chariot of Tzeentch

Chaos Daemons: Blood Throne of Khorne/Skull Cannon of Khorne

This box contains a multipart plastic kit that makes either a Blood Throne of Khorne or a Skull Cannon of Khorne

Herald of Nurgle

This Clampack contains a new plastic Herald of Nurgle on a sculpted base

New Finecast Releases

Herald of Khorne

A clampack that contains one highly detailed Citadel Finecast resin miniature

Herald of Slaanesh

A clampack that contains one highly detailed Citadel Finecast resin miniature

Available While Stocks Last
These Items are highly limited, please request the quantity you require and we will supply you as close to this number as we can.

Warhammer Battle Magic: Daemons of Chaos

A deck of 21 cards that contains the 6 spells for the Lores of Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh as well as their signature spells

Psychic Powers: Chaos Daemons

A deck of 12 cards that contains the Primaris powers and 3 Psychic powers for the Lores Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Nurgle as well
Sunshine coconut
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: O&G, Ogres, WE's. Crons for 40k :)
Location: Queensland Australia (Although my blood is pure Kiwi, through and through

Post by Sunshine coconut »

exciting!!!

I look forward to it!
Monsters shot down by arrows: Cockatrice, Stonehorn, Thunder Tusk, Manticore, Chimera, Blood Thirster, Galrauch, Abomination, Brood Horror, Jabbaslythe, Hydra, Kharibdyss, Stegagon, Necrosphinx, Warsphinx, Terror Gheist, Varghulf, Giant, Frost Phoenix aaannnnnnd Treeman :(
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

Army book for WHFB and a parallell release of a Daemon Codex for 40K.
After it rumours indicate High elves and Tau.
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
The Forest Lord Daereth
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by The Forest Lord Daereth »

I like the Slaanesh and Khorne heralds, but what were they thinking with things like the nurgle MC?

I wouldn't have thought it would be HE until May - we've had quite a few fantasy releases recently. Probably Tau in April then.
Always remember the first rule of military command: "They don't like it up 'em!"
Kojibear
Master Greeter
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Space Marines - Orginal Chapter, Cryx, The Viktorias (Malifaux), Elves (Cutlass)

Post by Kojibear »

Well, can't say as I like the new daemon minis that much :( They look...what is the word...comical? Kind of like they were inspired by One Piece, that Japanese Manga series. They certainly do not strike fear into me. The nurgle insect mounts are all right, but the riders are not my cup of tea. All in all I think they should have looked more sinister. I hope the new wood elves when they eventually get redone, receive better treatment.
Bogi
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Warriors of Chaos, Eldar, Orcs and Goblins.

Post by Bogi »

I like the flying nurgle things.

I also really like to have to face another cannon in the form of a high T chariot.
Niedfaru
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: WFB: Wood Elves, 40K: Eldar

Post by Niedfaru »

They don't look so much comical as alien to me. That long proboscis on the Plage Drone mounts is in equal parts ridiculous and freaky. And I think if they play up that theme, that would be rather cool. A lot of army's can do sinister. Shouldn't it be left to Chaos to do freaky.
Kojibear
Master Greeter
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Space Marines - Orginal Chapter, Cryx, The Viktorias (Malifaux), Elves (Cutlass)

Post by Kojibear »

True, indeed the Dark ELves do lay claim to the most sinister. Still, chaos should scare you and make you scream and give you nightmares :evil: :eek: :

The Vile

And ...

The Beautiful
Bogi
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Bogi »

More alluring the beautiful. I would definitely not think twice about jumping in bed with that, not the first pic. But that again when I saw species I also did not really see anything bad about going for that girl. Maybe I should play more slaanesh themed armies :o

The nurgle fie things actually look really good to me. The characters and the chariots are a bit weak to me... not sure why the khorne rider has his legs out of the place he should stand. What is the point of modeling a place to stand then? The contraptions seem to move on their own, without anything pulling them as well. Some kind of engine. The emphasis seems to be on the 40k side of things.
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Post by Baardah »

Are there any more armies from the forces of destruction to release now?
All AB have been evil except empire. Wich is pretty sinister anyway with the way they dress....
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
Sunshine coconut
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: O&G, Ogres, WE's. Crons for 40k :)
Location: Queensland Australia (Although my blood is pure Kiwi, through and through

Post by Sunshine coconut »

Ogres and TK's aren't evil :P
Monsters shot down by arrows: Cockatrice, Stonehorn, Thunder Tusk, Manticore, Chimera, Blood Thirster, Galrauch, Abomination, Brood Horror, Jabbaslythe, Hydra, Kharibdyss, Stegagon, Necrosphinx, Warsphinx, Terror Gheist, Varghulf, Giant, Frost Phoenix aaannnnnnd Treeman :(
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Shandrakor »

Sunshine coconut wrote:Ogres and TK's aren't evil :P
Nor are they particularly good either! :roll:

As for the Daemon models... some of them are interesting, some are not. That tends to be the case with most new releases.
Well, my ideas for the next book turned out to be a bust.
But it was still fun working on something of this scale.
For those who care:
http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22620
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

Sunshine coconut wrote:Ogres and TK's aren't evil :P
They sort of are....

I won't knock the models at all until I see em in my own hand. Some of the paint jobs on the pics released by GW aren't doing the models any favors IMO...

It's the mournfang syndrome. Everybody thought they looked dum at first but actually they are pretty awsome…
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.

That item is a horse...
Bryony
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Bryony »

Baardah wrote:They sort of are....
TK are not! It's not their fault they are undead. Being undead doesn't make them evil either. They just don't take kindly to people invading their lands and trying to rob their tombs.

How would you like it if crazy person came into your house and started wrecking the place while you were trying to sleep? You'd be pretty mad. Just like the tomb kings get mad when silly living humans come in to their homelands hoping to steal treasures.
My hobby blog: That Stupid Hat
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

Well, maybe the tomb kings aren't evil as much as neutral hostile. For the ogres though, I say that a bunch of fatties wanting nothing more than to eat you classify as evil, even though they'd be just as happy to eat a vile deamon as a jolly halfling.

Point is that except for empire no army from the good side has been released in 8th

On topic though: the new deamon models look abit meeh to me. But then again I really never liked deamons anyway in any edition.

If I ever where to do deamons I'd do it totally opposite, and make an all angel army using the deamon rules.
All slanesh in that case. Only deamon models I find estethically ok

That item is a horse...
Bogi
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Bogi »

So.... how do we feel about another flaming cannon?

S10, d6w cannon as normal. Except our eagles cant deal with it and it will probably beat up wild riders and glade riders in combat. Oh yes magical and flaming, so another threat to the treeman. Oh did I mention it is only 135 points. I feel that daemons needed some high S attacks in forms other than greater daemons but this is a bit uncool gamepaly wise.