[C] Huntsmen vs Unendil

Play all your WFO battles in here!

Moderator: Council of Elders

Huntsmen
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Re: Huntsmen vs Unendil

Post by Huntsmen »

Okay Ironguts on the right charge Glade Riders. Reaction?
Unendil
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Unendil »

if that is your only charge they will flee...
3d6
4 + 3 + 1 = 8
Huntsmen
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Huntsmen »

Ogre Turn 2
Leadbelcher on the right fails to rally and flees the table. Gnoblars rally. Trappers squabble.
If thats all okay I'll move onto magic.

Bangstick Butcher will cast Bone Cruncher on the blue Altar Noble...
1d6 >= 3
5 = 5 ... success
Cast. Dispel?

He'll then cast Brain Gobbler on the blue Waywatchers...
1d6 >= 3
5 = 5 ... success
Cast. Dispel?
Unendil
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Unendil »

dispel Bonecruncher
2d6
2 + 4 = 6
panic check for Braingobbler
2d6
4 + 1 = 5
Huntsmen
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Huntsmen »

Okay Bangstick on the blue Altar Noble.
No. of hits...
1d6
1 = 1
Wounding on 3...
1d6 >= 3
1 = 1 ... failure
Nice!

Okay Skullmantle Buthcer will cast Braingobbler on the green Waywatchers with his two dice...
2d6 >= 3
1 + 4 = 5 ... success
Cast. Panic test at -3

He'll then cast Boncruncher on last dice at the blue Altar Noble...
1d6 >= 3
4 = 4 ... success
Cast. Number of hits...
1d6
3 = 3
Wounding on 5's...
1d6 >= 5
1: 1 = 1 ... failure
2: 2 = 2 ... failure
3: 1 = 1 ... failure
Total fail.

Just the Waywatchers panic test then it's your turn.
Unendil
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Unendil »

My apologies for the lack of posting in a few days, I was out of town on a fishing excursion...
waywatcher panic check...crosses fingers

2d6
3 + 2 = 5
woohoo...they hold
next post my turn...eh?
Unendil
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Unendil »

lets do this...blue and yellow warhawks with red alter and eagle noble charge ironguts......and that is my only charge...

glade riders rally check...
2d6
4 + 3 = 7
I will post map in a bit...but they rally.
Huntsmen
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Huntsmen »

You need to take fear tests first.
Unendil
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Unendil »

oh yeah....and we might have a lot of them right?....all of the units charging ironguts need to check, plus everything ty of the yhetees right?....which units do you think...I play against the ogres alot but I don't know which ones cause fear......
Unendil
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Unendil »

so....only the units charging fear causer's (i.e. Ironguts)...I am unclear of the cold aura from Yhetees..is that like terror?
looks like all get general's ld so yellow warhawks...

2d6
3 + 4 = 7
blue warhawks...

2d6
2 + 4 = 6
red alter...

2d6
3 + 4 = 7
eagle highborn...

2d6
1 + 1 = 2
and Unless cold aura or any terror causer's are near I think that's it....I guess that also means the ironguts are holding right?
Unendil
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Unendil »

all I did was move chargers...waiting to see if I missed anything before moving anything else...
Huntsmen
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Huntsmen »

No thats all fine. And since all passed there fear test I've pretty much gotta hold. All Ogre size models in the army cause fear. The Yhettees rule just means its -1 to hit them in combat.
Unendil
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Unendil »

Ok here is the rest of my moves..Is it really only turn three?...dang those ogres are on top of me...and those snowmen are really putting some pressure on me...I think my movement is good, does everything look ok for you?

My magic will be to try and dispel the enchanted ironguts engaged in combat.....and then I will move on to shooting if your ok with everything....
dispel...not sure what they are buffed with...but I know I don't want it...I have 2 Power Dice I will use both

2d6
4 + 1 = 5
...not sure if I even dispelled it...yikes
Unendil
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Unendil »

I am thinking I moved those left most Glade Riders too far....Fast Cav can still be march blocked right? they may not have been, it looks close to me ...or can they always move that fast....the red ones might be cool...but the yellow have for sure marched....let me know and I will move them back....I am sure I have told you before that I am not used to using these guys....

It is the positioning of the yhetees that I have to get around to pull something spectacular off....I like how you have used those guys.
Huntsmen
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Huntsmen »

Yep Fast Cav can be march blocked so you will need to redo the movement of the Red Glade Riders I think. I didn't cast any buffs last turn so you are okay in that department. Also I just realised when you shot the Leadbelchers you should of randomized your shooting between the Leadbelcher and Champ (I purposely got them a champ for this) meaning you woundn't have killed one and they wouldn't have need to fail a panic test and could have shot those annoying Glade Riders. It's to late now and my fault for not picking up on it but just for later preference.

As for tactics your movement is very good. I think Glade Riders are amazing and when on the rare occassion I use Wood Elves I take 3 units. They're are in my oppinion the second best Fast Cav in the game after Dark Riders. As for my use of the Yhettees I see most Ogre players don't rate them cos they can't be buffed and have little armour as well as being no better than Bulls in combat. However I like there movement capabilities and used them to try and dictate you movement in the centre. This may be a mistake or a failure to utilise them properly but I've never played Ogres before so I've got a excuse haha.
Unendil
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Unendil »

I measured it and both units were march blocked...I see the marks are wounds on your units...I thought that meant they had spells on them....onto the shooting phase then...

yeah the randomize shooting thing....the guys I have been playing with since 6th edition and I are just figuring that rule out...gets kinda screwy even with just a champion...yeah right that is a good thing to remember agains the ogre size models....I'll say that may have been my fault..sorry
Huntsmen
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Huntsmen »

I should have remembered myself since thats the sole purpose I got those guys champs haha oh well live and learn.
Unendil
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Unendil »

ok...here comes arrows

5 yellow riders+4 red riders(one guy can't see) long range at bull unit with hero...remember to randomise
1d6
1: 6 = 6
2: 2 = 2
3: 2 = 2
4: 6 = 6
5: 5 = 5
6: 6 = 6
7: 2 = 2
8: 6 = 6
9: 4 = 4
6 hits
just now looking at p75 about shooting characters inside units and it appears that hits get divided evenly between models in the unit...leftover hits get randomised..so it looks like each model takes two hits..I will hold off on rolling to wound so we can get this worked out right.....it is the unit strength and the unit size that I think is giving me a hard time....what do you think
10 blueish waywatchers close range at left yhetees -1 for cold aura -1 soft cover..so fours

10d6
4 + 3 + 1 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 5 + 6 + 6 + 4 = 39
6 hits
6 hit...fives to wound

1d6
1: 4 = 4
2: 3 = 3
3: 2 = 2
4: 4 = 4
5: 4 = 4
6: 4 = 4
DOH!...no wounds...at close range into the woods...waywatchers letting me down...not even one...gotta be the cold aura messing them up
10 waywatchers+5 blue riders and the red hawks all at close range at the other yhetees.. waywatchers need fours

1d6
1: 4 = 4
2: 3 = 3
3: 5 = 5
4: 3 = 3
5: 4 = 4
6: 3 = 3
7: 2 = 2
8: 3 = 3
9: 6 = 6
10: 5 = 5
5 hit...fives to wound

5d6
2 + 2 + 3 + 6 + 5 = 18
2 wounds there...the glade and hawk riders need fives

10d6
1 + 4 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 5 + 3 = 29
ONE hit....

1d6
4 = 4
no wounds there so summary looks like 2 hits each on the bull unit models still to come and 2 wounds from the waywatchers on the right yhetees...I hope my combet is more eventful
Huntsmen
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Huntsmen »

Looks fine. To randomize simply roll a d6 for each shot 1-4 hits a Bull, 5-6 hits Butcher.
Unendil
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Unendil »

That is what I was saying there appears to be no randomizing each model gets two hits evenly divided among them read p75 and see...just any leftovers...so if I had done 7 hits instead of 6 one hit would have to be randomised for noe two hit the normal bull two hit the champ and two hit the butcher....see what I am saying?
Unendil
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Unendil »

two hits on the regular bull

2d6
5 + 5 = 10
2 wounds
two hits on the champion

2d6
3 + 3 = 6
none there
two hits on the butcher

2d6
6 + 1 = 7
one wound on him

....next post, if everything is cool, its combat time
Huntsmen
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Huntsmen »

Yes I know sorry I thought you had some shorts left over. And thats not a Champ its a mus.
Unendil
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Unendil »

Ok I think the shooting phase is done...you have some save to make I think...then we will go onto combat

2 wounds on left yhetees
2 wounds on reg bull
no wounds to the musician
1 wound on butcher

again a deplorable shooting phase for me....
Huntsmen
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Huntsmen »

No saves for any of them I'm afraid.
Unendil
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Unendil »

oh...makes me really wish my shooting had been better...I will try to get some combat up here tonight...but its pretty late here...
this combat could be pretty decisive for me...I am kind of nervous...