Path of the Everchosen: Play Thread

Come here to play in role playing games, play in AoDs, or show off your latest story creation. This is also the place for fluff questions.

Moderator: Council of Elders

t12161991
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Imperial Guard, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Tyranids, Empire (eventually)

Re: Path of the Everchosen: Play Thread

Post by t12161991 »

As they exited the chambers, Necri saw the Wanderer, along with... someone else. After introducing her, the Wanderer left. Hmm... Thought Necri. A Slaanesh worshiper... they always loose focus. Too concentrated on nonessentail things in life. Staying silent, he watched as the others walked up and introduced themselves to her. "Hmph. Lets be on our way, we have much to do and far to travel before I can gain the blessings of Khorne!" He said as he walked off after Ubo, Daniel, and Minx.

Going to village...
Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
gokenin
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by gokenin »

Daniel his answered Ubos suggestion his face alight with a smile "That we shall brother, that we shall..." The girl sild up behind Ubo with a single effortless movement, whispered words of worship gently caressed the back of his neck and his mind wondered, his eyes were drawn to the glory of the shinning moon its white light bathing the earth he lost himself drawn into another’s world of worship “ I’m ready sir, perhaps we should be on our way" came a calm voice from behind him, his eyes broke from their fixation and his thoughts were clear once more, Daniel now stood at his side also speaking of his readiness to move on, Cursing himself for a weak minded fool Ubo forced a smile upon his face and dug his heels into Dogs flanks moving him off at a slow trot “Good brother, Destiny awaits”

Ubo is heading for the town, he has Minx mounted behind him if that needs to be taken into account in an ambush
Treachery Aforth RPG
Óláfr Digr (Norsman)
Kills = 3 Gor 5 Ungor 2 Bestigor 3 Innocent Peasants 2 Cultists 1 Changer of Ways

Path of the Everchosen
Ubogoi Dam'ian (Undivided Sorcerer)
Abilities: +1 cast lore of fire
Kills = 8 GG
Ryikko
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: WE, Nurgle WoC

Post by Ryikko »

The Wanderer had returned. He brought with him a young and enchanting girl of surreal beauty. Jhival's mind began to clear as the fog in his vision sifted away until he could think clearly once more. The Wanderer spoke of Saar'Salin, the town to the south of the tree. Jhival had visited before, but he had not enjoyed the idea of civilisation or of Saar'Salin's devotion to the ways of the south. Nevertheless, Jhival knew he was willed to go by the Schemer, so he would bear it once more. He bid farewell, then dissolved into the shadows, out of the light of the blue flame.

"Jhival!"

As he turned to the little girl's voice, his mind jumbled and contorted. He saw Her standing next to a series of large huts constructed of mud, boughs, bone and fur. There were many Northfolk of familiar faces that wandered around the scene, passing in and out of the huts, and going about their lives. The little girl in pink rolled back and forth from Her heels to Her tip-toes in anticipation, smiling at him.

"Jhival", she cried out again, oblivious to the wretched old sorcerer who was hobbling through the crowd towards Her.

Jhival remembered his face immediately. He tried to warn Her, yelling at Her to look behind her, but she just smiled, delighted that he was talking to her. The old man, hunch-backed and hideously wrinkled, grew closer to Her every time Jhival tried to warn Her, his gnobbled staff clicking ominously on the permafrost. Jhival began to cry in desperation, his tears warming his face in the blistering cold.

The man wrapped his long and spider-like hands around her shoulders, and slowly clenching them in a vice around her neck. Jhival was on the ground in a wreck, gibbering and screaming as the girl was throttled until she was purple in the face.

She crumpled and collapsed to the ground. Jhival was struck by a bout of agony and hatred. He couldn't remember how long he roared and cried, and care he didn't.

The old sorcerer cackled, "She is nothing but a hopeless wreck of flesh and bones now. You need her not. She is of no more stature than a cowardly dog. Banish her from your thoughts, from your memory. Be rid of her acursed form. Free yourself of her tedious and demanding shackles. No longer shall she plague your mind Jhival. What could you possibly gain from her anymore? She gives you nothing but her petty burdens, a weight you cannot bear to carry. She is weak. She will not eat your food any longer, she will not accept your words as law any longer, she will not believe you to be true. What else do you want from her?

Jhival wept for Her, and for the Sorcerer, for he would pay in due blood.

Saar'Salin could wait. Perhaps even The Wanderer and the Schemer himself. Jhival would hunt down his former master and end his torment once and for all.

OOC:
Jhival will return to his home town, East of the tree to enact vengeance upon his master. He will follow the call of the Wanderer however, if it happens to beckon to him.
Perhaps could we discuss the rest over PM?

@Guardian: Evidently Jhival's a little nuts, so he didn't greet Minx, but welcome!
Atlarge wrote: It's not GW if you're not scraping off a dozen nonsensical skulls from each model.
Who clicks on these anyways?
almundis
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Tomb kings, Dark elves, daemonhunters, Wood elves.

Post by almundis »

Jhival's mind raced as memory and reality merged and a hideous blend and insanity once more enveloped him. He staggered away from the crypt and the rest of the group, heading east. On and on he wandered through the wastes. Far off he could hear the squaks and howls of the foul creatures of the wastes. Every so often a scraping sound would come close, but for some reason it never made itself known. Jhival looked to his side and saw the wanderer striding alongside. Jhival did not feel shock, in some way he had felt the Wanderer to have been there since he broke off from the group. The Fatewinder sees your insanity and he is pleased. She knows what you seek. And it wants to see how far you will go to get it. A few hours walk from here you will find a small ziggurat. Climb its steps and you will find your way into daemonhood. But beware, it is a treacherous path, but all great power is. And in a moment he was gone, his words rested on Jhivals deranged mind as he comprehended the offer extended to him.
Jhival you have the option of visiting this ziggurat, or you may continue onwards to your old homestead.

The rest of the group made their way south, through the wastes. They walked and rode for many hours. The snow had frozen in the night's chill, making the walk arduous and long. Finally, as dawns first light showed, the town of Saar'Salin came into view. A town was a generous word to use. The group stared at what was basically a large encampment, surrounded by spiked wooden fences in concentric circles around the chief's tent. As the group continued towards Saar'Salin, the town's gates opened and a group of riders came thundering out to intercept the group. They pulled up short of the group and called out. Declare your intentions at the camp of Saar'Salin! Barked the lead rider. Larion rode forward raising his sword in the air in salute to the warriors. Satisfied that the group were not a threat the outriders returned to the camp. As they arrived at the gate they were greeted to the sight of at least a score of guards. All circling and patrolling the borders, ensuring that the town had complete control of who entered and who left. The gates opened as the group neared and a large warrior stood before you. His armour was red with blood, and brass skulls lined his pouldron. He was a giant of a man, rivaling even Daniel. His skin was a pale grey and his eyes were completely bloodshot, a massive network of scars lined his face, and branding of Khorne was on his forehead. Hold! He barked. I am the gatekeeper here, and Guard Champion, You may call me Turin. You will abide by our Law or I will have you shredded to dust on an altar to the Bloodking. Now what is your business?! Eldryach stepped forward, declaring their allegiance to the wanderer, presenting his mark. Turin stared at the mark, his eyes widening ever so slightly. [/b] Very well, I am honour bound to show you to Saar'salin, he will want some kind of tribute however.[/b] Daniel once more presented Gralucht's bronze skull and Turin nodded in satisfaction. The group were led along the central path, passing through the outer rings of Yurts and tents and arrived at the town proper. They were taken to a large teepee, outside it's entrance lay mounds of skulls and trophies and various other offerings. Saar'salin's offering policy had made him very wealthy. Turin led them past the guards and inside. The inside of the teepee was adorned with yet more trophies and skulls, these likely to be won by Saar'salin himself. Saarsalin sat on a fur laiden throne atop a small pedestal, he was an impressive figure, his skin was dark and weather beaten, and he sat in his full battle raiment. Turin Stepped forward and presented the skull, muttering something into the Warlord's ear. When he spoke his voice was low and filled with an air of power. I recognize this as a relic used by the foul Necromancer Gralucht. He has been a blight on this land for some time, defiling our ancestors tombs and eluding my wrath. I have also been told you bear the mark of the wanderer, show it to my Shaman.
At his cue a shrivelled husk of a creature stepped forward, clutching a gnarled stave in his deformed hands. His eyes had been sown shut and a third eye had been carved into his forehead. He shuffled up to each of the group grabbing at their left hands and staring at them through his eyelids. His voice screeched out of his mouth with a jarring raspiness. Their marks are pure, they walk the path laid out before them. And with that he skulked away back into the shadows. Very well, I am honour bound to accept your offering and allow you to reside within the Town proper. If you wish to stay overnight speak with Gravas, and he will let you stay in one of his tents for the night- for a fee of course.

The group were led outside, Turin bid the group farewell and headed off back to the gate. The group looked around, there were several large tents of note, There was Smithy, where a Dwarf sat hammering out cracks in various suits of armor. There was a slave pit, outside a slave master stood beating a slave near to death. There was a tent closely relating to a tavern, where various groups of marauders and travelers sat drinking ales and eating. There was a small ring set up where dogs were being pitted against each other.

OOC: Ok you are niow inside Saar'Salin, any of the things I listed above can be interacted with, if you wish to find something/someone "ask a guard" i.e me and I will write in what you are looking for, unless it isn't in this town. You will all need to earn at leats three copper pieces if you wish to rent a tent for the night, but you can find various work in the tavern. Also feel free, to lie, steal and cheat- just dont get caught ;)

Auros Helyanwé
Weapons: 2x hand weapons, longbow, Light Armour
Character stats: M WS BS S T W I A Ld
------------------ 5 5 5 3 3 1 5 3 8
deadlydeceiver
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Druchii , Tomb Kings of Khemri, Asrai

Post by deadlydeceiver »

Eldryach hated to show the ugly mark to the gatekeeper, but it didn't fail to impress.
After Saar'salin had allowed them to stay in his ... encampment, Eldryach stepped out into the fresh air again. For a short time he lost himself in observing gleeful how the marauder tortured the slave. When he finally realized, that the human won't get any more... "creative" with what he was doing he was painfully reminded of his homeland and their much more subtle ways of torturing. Come to think of it, there was something he urgently wanted do deal with in Naggaroth.
Eldryach looked for Larion and found him looking around the encampment. "Larion, my brother in arms." he said amicable "Is there something special you're looking for in this... accumulation of tents? I, for one, am not planning to stay here for much longer. I have business in one of the seaports of my homeland. Har Ganeth to be more specific... So I'm going to look for for someone who can take me there, somewhere around the land called "Kislev" most probably. Would it suit your future plans to accompany me?

Edit: Adjusted to Al's comment below :cry:
Last edited by deadlydeceiver on 30 Nov 2008, 18:26, edited 2 times in total.
I knew you would read this... It's all part of my great plan!

RPG: PotEC
Eldryach:
Chosen Warrior of Slaanesh
Equipment: Glaive (HW), CA, Sh
Abilities: Mark of Slaanesh, Eternal Hatred, Glamour of Slaanesh
Kill Count: 2
Whelan
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves and Eldar.

Post by Whelan »

Hephott stood idly, fingering the jagged blade of his axe."Who is going where?" he growled. "I'll join any venture that puts me in Grandfather Nurgle's esteem." He stood awaiting a reply, while vaguely formulating his own plans if nothing his allies where planning appealed.
ImageImage
Path of the Everchosen -Hephott Erjaz, Chosen of Nurgle
Treachery Afoth -Rowan Palaes, Wardancer of Loec
Born in Darkness -Sylder Reshaer, Spellsinger of Athel Loren
almundis
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by almundis »

OOC: deadly- I should probably point out that you are in the wastes above the empire, not naggaroth, so while it is fine for you to journey there, it will take a while :D.

Auros Helyanwé
t12161991
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Imperial Guard, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Tyranids, Empire (eventually)

Post by t12161991 »

OOC: How much money & XP do we all have?
Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
The King In the Woods
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by The King In the Woods »

Trodding confidently into the ramshackle town, Larion was satisfied to see that the town was primarily filled with worshipers of the Blood God. Although impressed with the myriad of devotees of Khorne, Larion was a lone wolf at heart and he knew that he had business to attend to elsewhere; specifically the Empire. While Larion rummaged around in the town, Eldryach approached him. Replying to Eldryach's question, Larion said, "After I fix the weapons that I found in the crypt, I believe I have no further use for this place." Upon Eldryach mentioning Kislev, Larion's mind once again vividly relived the events that unfolded in Kislev in what seemed like the distant past. "I would be a pleasure to accompany you to Har Ganeth, however, there are things I must first do in the Empire. If we travel south, through Kislev, and into the Empire, I can settle some unfinished qualms I have with specific individuals, and from there we can find a boat to the Land of Chill. And one more thing, before we leave, I would like to get my hands on a couple of those warhounds."

OOC: Larion will go to the smith to sell the sword and the warhammer he found in the crypt fixed. Then he will depart to Kislev with Eldryach. Would it be possible to buy a warhound or two before we depart?
Wins-26 Draws-0 Losses-1
almundis
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by almundis »

Sorry your exp/money is as follows:

Eldryach: 2 spendable XP and 1 silver piece.

Necri: 12 Spendable xp no money

Daniel: Spendable xp 9 no money

Hephott: Spendable xp 7 money 4 copper pieces

Larion: -11 Spendable xp 1 silver piece

Jhival: 10 spendable xp and one silver piece (though you arent in a town obviously)

Ubo: -2 Spendable xp, no money

Sorry please not that this is just the XP you can spend, not the total accumulated.

Yes you may buy a warhound, but you would be best to inquire with the pitmaster, you may also buy a slave or save the one being beaten to death. You can go into the tavern and try and buy some mercenaries (though they will take a tithe of any money you collect).

Also for those of you wishing to travel you will need to find a caravan, as the Journey may take some time. It is usually best to inquire within the Tavern for information of this nature.

Auros Helyanwé
Draketh Firewind
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: 40K: Eldar, Space Wolves, Necrons Warhammer: Wood Elves, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven

Post by Draketh Firewind »

As Daniel entered the village he looked up at Ubo and Minx as they rode upon the pony beside him. He said "Where to now brother?" He asked looking around "It does not seem that there is anything around for us to offer..." He left that to hang in the air before continuing "And if it did, we have nothing to offer in return except for our service of blades and magic..." He said before spotting the local Tavern, grinning he said, "I've got something to attend too...whould you join me brother, sister?" He said to both Ubo and Minx, waving his hand in the direction of the Tavern, the source of work for the gods in this forsaken hole, in Daniel's opinion that is.

OOC: Basically Daniel will wait for a reaction from Ubo and Minx before heading off to the tarvern, looking for a "job"
Mamimi Samejima from FLCL wrote:He who conquers the left side conquers the world chief
Haruko Haruhara from FLCL wrote:It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool.
Supporter of the Rammie Spirit
deadlydeceiver
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by deadlydeceiver »

"Do as you wish, Larion. I'll look for travelling company in this dirthole overthere." he pointed towards the tavern. With a smile he watched Larion trail off and then he entered the tavern. The smell was astonishing bad! He searched for someone, who looked like a merchant or the like. When he spotted a fat man drinking some nasty beer he approached him. "Greetings dear mister." he said smoothly. "Are you a one of the caravan owners?" He gave him one of those special Slaaneshi glaces. "If that's how it is and you're heading for Kislev I would like to join you on your journey."

Eldryach will at first try to convince the merchant with his Glamour of Slaanesh. If it fails he will offer protection for the journey (also mentioning Larion).

Eldryach:
almundis
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by almundis »

The man looked up as Eldryach approached him. He sized up the Slaaneshi warrior. He grumbled to himself as he looked at the warrior. Hrm, I suppose I could use a few extra bodies. I will be setting off for Praag in the morning, we have room for up to three more- but be prepared to pull yer weight!
The man turned back to his drink and left Eldryach to tell Larion.

(You successfully used glamor of slaanesh and bypassed the normal fees. You have until tomorrow to earn money/hire mercs/buy hounds/gamble blah blah blah)

Larion entered the Smith's yurt and walked up to the Dwarf. Laying down the old blade that he obtained in the Crypt the Dwarf snorted. Lad, tha' blade 'as seen many a better day. Aye'll giv yer 2 copper pieces for it and ye shood be happi w'that! (if that didnt translate well i can give it to you in real words :D) Larion also laid out the ancient warhammer in front of the Dwarf. For a little while he said nothing as he looked over the weapon. Aye know this hammer. Ye will want to take it to Turin, he will tell ye 'bout it.

(You may accept the two copper on offer for the sword or reject it, you may also go find Turin about the Warhammer.)

Auros Helyanwé
deadlydeceiver
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by deadlydeceiver »

"Excellent good sir" said Eldryach and left the tavern as fast as possible. After this little success and back in the fresh air Eldryachs mood lightened up. He walked to the dogpit and told Larion, that they could leave tomorrow for a city called Praag. "There are two more places left in the caravan. I don't know what you're planning but probably the two of us are not enough..." Then he trailed of into the encampment once more. At first he wanted to look for someone to travel with, but then he saw the tortured slave again and he decided to improve his mood even further...
He went to the smithy and asked the dwarf there for a hammer and 4 long nails.

Will try GoS again, if it doesn't work he will pay up to two copper pieces

After he had gotten what he wanted he went to the slavepit and asked the marauder: "You have done a delightful job on this cattle." he said "But it seems to be very close to death. No one will pay you anything for this walking corpse. Let me disburden you..." An evil grin spead over his face.

Eldryach will try to make the marauder give him the tortured slave using GoS first, then trying to convince him with words.

OOC: Finally my chosen gift pays off!

Eldryach:
almundis
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by almundis »

The Dwarf stared at Eldryach as he approached him, accepting a piece of copper for the nails and hammer.

The slave master was not so accomidating however.
What's your point outlander? He is mine to break, if you want him you can have him for 4 copper pieces!

You could try and haggle (not GoS will not work if the target has already passed).

Auros Helyanwé
deadlydeceiver
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by deadlydeceiver »

"4 copper pieces?!? I've seen zombies which were more lively than this guy! He is not even worth one, but for the praise of the Dark Gods, I'll give you two." Eldryach roared and looked unsearchably into the hopeful eyes of the slave.

OOC:
almundis wrote:(not GoS will not work if the target has already passed).
Sure I know! And it's not, that I'm expecting everyone will give me something for free, also that would be nice...

Eldryach:
almundis
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by almundis »

Haha im sure it would be, i only mentioned it cause i didnt write it in the abilities actual entry.

The slavemaster shoved Eldryach back a little. Don't you raise your tone at me boy! Ye can have him fer three, any lower and I'd get more out of him beatin' him to death!

Auros Helyanwé
The King In the Woods
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

"I'll sell you this blade for 3 pieces. Then we'll have a deal," Larion replied to the smith. "Don't judge a book by its cover my friend, for I found this blade in the tomb of a mighty Champion of Khorne!" Larion attempted to work on the generally superstitious beliefs of most Northmen. After hearing the smith's response, Larion went off to see this Turin fellow about the ancient warhammer.

OOC: dammit, i'm still 11 exp in debt!!! :tear: this is what i get for choosing a chosen knight of khorne! also, how would mercenaries, slaves, and warhounds function? i assume mercenaries would not be permanent company, but would warhounds and slaves?
Wins-26 Draws-0 Losses-1
almundis
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by almundis »

Warhounds, lsaves, steeds and things of that nature can be bought for a flat rate. Mercs will come with you and take a small amount of any money that you come accross. Some will travel with you until the money stops, others will just come along whicle your needs meet with theirs.

Auros Helyanwé
The King In the Woods
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

will we be in over out heads without help from mercenaries?
Wins-26 Draws-0 Losses-1
deadlydeceiver
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by deadlydeceiver »

Eldryach's mood darkened.
"How dare you talk to me like that?! I'm a chosen of the Dark Gods!" He presented his Mark of the Everchosen. "Two chopper pieces I said. Alone that I'm talking to you should be salary enough! Or do you want to enrage the Gods...?"

Eldryach:
almundis
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by almundis »

The slave master bellowed a laugh at Eldryach's audicity. Fine! Take the wretch. But I wouldn't be so confident waving that precious mark around, the Gods won't favor you so much if you rely on them all the time. The Slavemaster handed over the slaves shackles which Eldryach duly took- after handing over two copper pieces. ELdryach looked down at his newest purchase. The slave was a middle aged human, he was badly beaten and looked nearly starved to death. The man looked up at his new master and spoke through beaten and bloody lips. Thakyou m'lord, What do you wish for me to do?

You have purchased a slave, you can do whatever you like with him. But he is weak and not a trained warrior, so i wouldnt throw him into battle just yet- also giving a slave a weapon may not be the best idea...

@King: You shouldn't get too bogged down, together you have a decent number of attacks, plus you will be traveling with a caravan which will have it's own mercenaries. But if you are worried you should start saving exp like crazy and upgrade to a hero :D

Auros Helyanwé
The King In the Woods
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

OOC: excellent, i didn't realize the caravan already had its own mercenaries. also, i said in my previous post that i am going to hackle with the smith and then go to the guy that knows about the warhammer.
Wins-26 Draws-0 Losses-1
almundis
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by almundis »

Yes you did, but i am about to go out and par-tay, so i'll get on that later. Signin out y'all.

Auros Helyanwé
gokenin
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by gokenin »

Ubo did not look at Daniel his gaze still fixed upon the villages defences, while the stockades kept out the frigid winds of the wastes it did not keep out its intent the power of Khorne was strong here, perhaps an offering of blood and skulls would bring favour, it would need to be something truly magnificent to bring about the blood gods notice.
Finally his eyes made the long journey to where Daniel stood “Yes Brother I agree we should go to the tavern and find something worth our time” turning slightly in his saddle “join us sister” he asked of the child of slannish as he sild form his saddle to the ground.

Ubo will join Daniel & Minx? in the tavern to find some work, as he is strapped for cash
Treachery Aforth RPG
Óláfr Digr (Norsman)
Kills = 3 Gor 5 Ungor 2 Bestigor 3 Innocent Peasants 2 Cultists 1 Changer of Ways

Path of the Everchosen
Ubogoi Dam'ian (Undivided Sorcerer)
Abilities: +1 cast lore of fire
Kills = 8 GG