Advance Warning + Preview 1 & 2!

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Advance Warning + Preview 1 & 2!

Post by Naggie »

I shall try creating the beloved dark skin from scratch over the next few weeks. I have never done this before, and I have no clue on how to do it. If things happen to the site that looks very wierd, it is just me trying to learn how the skinning functions work.

Like now, for example. It seems as the imageset Kul had installed for the Dev Skin was only placed in cache and not in the actual skin. I refreshed and they disappeared. I will try to fix that now (somehow).

Overall; I apologize in advance for whatever strange things might happen to the site while I conduct my trial and error study.

~ Nag
Last edited by Naggie on 24 Jun 2007, 21:20, edited 2 times in total.
Naggie
King of the Woods

Re: Advance Warning

Post by Naggie »

After a lot of fiddling - and a lot of learning - I have gotten a bit on the way. There is lots left to do, so don't get the hopes up on seeing this new skin sometime this month, but I will show you what I've got so far. Those of you who remembers the old dark skin might recognise pieces of this new skin as well (that's the idea, at least).
As said, there's a lot left to be done, but work has been started. Also, I have never done this or anything like this before. I basically have no idea what I'm doing; which is why this might take time to finish.

Here's a preview #1 & 2 !

~ Nag
Attachments
Skin Preview 2!
Skin Preview 2!
After hours of learning, Preview 1!
After hours of learning, Preview 1!
Naggie
King of the Woods

Re: Advance Warning + Preview 1 & 2!

Post by Naggie »

Just an update (not that anyone really cares..), the above skin has been completely dumped, trashed and binned. It was rubbish, and it was hard to make. Instead there will be another dark skin, ready in less than a month from now.

~ Nag
Guardian
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Guardian »

Nagathi wrote:Just an update (not that anyone really cares..), the above skin has been completely dumped, trashed and binned. It was rubbish, and it was hard to make. Instead there will be another dark skin, ready in less than a month from now.

~ Nag
:eek:

Firstly, why did you throw it away, what was so rubbish about it...
Secondly I still don't like the light great background in the posting field or what it's called, this might be just me but I wonder if this will differ depending on the selected skin or if there is one for all skins? Or if there is any plans on changing it?
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

With no replies and almost no thread views, I assumed no one was reading.

As to the skin itself, the light green there was to be changed. I basically took our current skin and tried to shape it into what I recall our old skin looked like. For the previews, I was not done (obviously).
In the new skin, that light green background is no more.

~ Nag
Guardian
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Guardian »

Sounds great, I think one reason to why no one reads this thread is that it's a bit hidden away, when you open this forum section you barely see it, at least I had some trouble noticing it...
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

I've gotta say I quite liked the preview skins! They were quite similar to the skin of the old site (pre-phpBB3) which, in my book at least, is a good thing! I can appreciate that they were difficult to make though, so perhaps it would be better (and easier) if a different one was made...

P.S We do care really :wink:
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

The new skin will be using the same colours, but it will be 100% wide to help those who are not on great resolutions, which also means the brown sidebars will be removed. It will still be the same nuance of green though.

~ Nag