20 glade guard in a box

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

Dooppie
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

20 glade guard in a box

Post by Dooppie »

I have made some glade guards today and after making 16 glade guards you have some bits not used.
Now you have 4 upper body parts and lot of other stuff.
I have made glade guard scouts that is walking in the deep water.

Here is a picture what I did:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/ ... scouts.jpg

They not 100% ready but you get the idea of making more glade guards?
The Inspector
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Vampire Counts

Post by The Inspector »

Thats a pretty good idea, but I would of done them in bushes or something.

The deep water thing is pretty good if the battle is set in a swamp or marshland.

Well done ;)
The Waywatcher
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by The Waywatcher »

To be honist I think that that sucks. Sorry, but I wiukd rather have the bits. It might work with Lizardmen but not WE.
The Spammurai
recruiting now...
philleehellphia
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by philleehellphia »

Although it's imaginative, and creative, it just dosen't do justice for me. Yeah, it would work with Skinks and Saurus, but are their swamps in Athel Loren? Plus, it just dosen't look right with Elves.

Eh, whatever floats your boat I guess.
Thrask
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Skaven, Druchii and 40k Chaos.

Post by Thrask »

I agree with Waywatcher, since scouts and athel loren doesn't have many swamps and even if there we're swamps they still wouldn't hide in them.
Wodenau
Newcomer
Newcomer

Scouts

Post by Wodenau »

Hang on, Dooppie may have something here! I agree that wading through water is a Lizardman thing but what if you built up a thick screen of foliage about waist height and somehow stuck the top part of the scout on that? It would look like some kind of WE sniper to me and fits the theme you want. Thanks Dooppie, I will try this! Here in Oz even the plastics are too expensive to waste.
DaZ
Quercia dei Eternita
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elerrr...Vampire Counts!

Post by Quercia dei Eternita »

philleehellphia wrote:Although it's imaginative, and creative, it just dosen't do justice for me. Yeah, it would work with Skinks and Saurus, but are their swamps in Athel Loren? Plus, it just dosen't look right with Elves.

Wrong. Although in Athel Loren itself there are no swamps, there are some on the west southern border (or east, but there are some). And most of the times WE battles are on the border.

I find this idea quite original, actually. Though a sniping Scout is very difficult to do, mainly becasue you can't lie down and flat, since the longbow is too long.

Dooppie: I'm certain if you buy an extra sprue of the heads and arms and legs (maybe only 1 sprue needed ) that you will be able to make anoher rank if you wish.

Cheers,
-Q
http://www.vampirecounts.net - Home of the Vampire Counts
philleehellphia
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by philleehellphia »

Quercia dei Eternita wrote:
philleehellphia wrote:Although it's imaginative, and creative, it just dosen't do justice for me. Yeah, it would work with Skinks and Saurus, but are their swamps in Athel Loren? Plus, it just dosen't look right with Elves.

Wrong. Although in Athel Loren itself there are no swamps, there are some on the west southern border (or east, but there are some).
Actually, i'm not wrong... I was asking if there were swamps in Athel Loren, not stating it :P

BTW, sniping elves, are a very good idea. I think i'm going to dry that with Dark Elves, since the Crossbows would be able to fit like that. Hmmm... what a wonderful idea.. :D
The Inspector
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Vampire Counts

Re: Scouts

Post by The Inspector »

Wodenau wrote:what if you built up a thick screen of foliage about waist height and somehow stuck the top part of the scout on that?
erm, yeah that was my idea:
but I would of done them in bushes or something
;)
Highborn Sycath
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Highborn Sycath »

ahh man thats what im doing for my swamp elves! looks good though, just make the water convincing

-warmaster
http://s14.invisionfree.com/The_Lost_Glade/
the lost glade, we're like... the bar you go to after work. We relax and have a bunch of contests and fun atmosphere, while still being a touch serious
Dooppie
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Dooppie »

The scouts could be walking in a swamp, or a slow moving river or what ever kind of water.
Some times walking throug water is the shortest route or the sneaky route.

I could make a sign at the border of the swamp: Look out, quicksand.

Why should wood elfs not use water as protection of there kind.
Water is of nature and in my fluff there is a lot of water.
Autumn is for me a raining season, where rivers become bigger, ect.
I was thinking making a convertion of an alter noble that is jumping out of water as suprice attack.
The Waywatcher
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by The Waywatcher »

A good idea would be what Quercia said, order an extra sprue of legs so that you can make an extra rank.
@ warmaster, olnly snip the ankles off otherwise it will look a bit strange.
The Spammurai
recruiting now...
Dark Watcher
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Dark Watcher »

its a pretty good idea. they just seem to be a bit low. It definatley rases the point that you could easily make another couple of guys with the leftover bits. Im thinking i might get some horses i have laying around and just make some centaurs for fun. (and yes i know there a beastmen thing)

Mind you i could see the scouts pearing out of dense bushland
Shinobi
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Shinobi »

I'd do as Inspector suggested. They would look great in tall grass. For water feature, yeah, cut them from ankles and there you go.
The Waywatcher
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by The Waywatcher »

I still dislike the idea, making centors is a compleyely different model which makes it a lot better.
The Spammurai
recruiting now...
Woodfey
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Woodfey »

I was hoping for something more than just bare plastic half-elves stuck on bases.
Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life
Highborn Sycath
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Highborn Sycath »

my fluff has alot of water in it, but im just snipping them at the ankles/shins.

-warmaster
http://s14.invisionfree.com/The_Lost_Glade/
the lost glade, we're like... the bar you go to after work. We relax and have a bunch of contests and fun atmosphere, while still being a touch serious
GladeRider
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by GladeRider »

Maybe, its better if you do it on a bush, but that isnt very good, A waste of bitz im afraid to say...
" The Spellweavers sealed there fate but closing there retreat in a line of trees, cut down one by one by the arrows of the asrai kin"

"None can resist the call of the Wild Hunt"