forestspiritarmy / dryads

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Whoa! Really nicely painted and modelled but a bit too orange I think!! Maybe try and tone the brightness down a bit with a bit more brown. All the same they are really well painted, despite being a bit bright!
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
bark
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by bark »

do you mean the tone of the camera?

bark
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

I don't know. It may just be the lighting effects but the Dryads look bright orange! I imagine it would be the lighting so maybe take some pictures using natural light or a daylight bulb to get the true colour
JRAsrai
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by JRAsrai »

you didnt take the flash off of your models?
State Law;
It is unlawful to pass on the shoulder
He Who Fights From Afar
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by He Who Fights From Afar »

I agree with both JR and Beithir, they look bright orange and are sporting some killer mold lines.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Jeez!! I don't believe I missed the mould lines!! Seriously, models look so much better without them!!
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

I didn't notice the mold lines really, but the orange-ness of the models really set me off of them.

The painting technique looked good, I did like the eyes, I loved the way you did the magical swirl things on the arms, and the basing is superb.
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

bark
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by bark »

hi all,

i´ll have to try to make some other pics, in reallife they don´t look orange. i´am confused about that....

and the mouldlines are another story, i was so eager to start painting these guys that i completely forgot to scrape them away. and realized it after the basecoat was sprayed on and i started painting.

luckily its not so eyecatching on the gaming table.

bark
Prince of Arnheim
Willow Warrior of Wascana
Armies I play: Dark Elves and Skaven

Post by Prince of Arnheim »

Those mold lines aren't too bad..believe me...i've seen ALOT worse.

Your basing skills are remarkable. I think they are very soft and natural looking like they should in a fertile forest setting.

I also really like how you made the eyes of the Dryads glow with that light greeniness....that makes them look very mystical.

Good work in my books. The bases make up for the mold lines and then some!!! :nod:
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

To be honest, I didn't notice the mould lines until HWFFA and JRAsrai pointed them out. I think the orange thing was probably to do with the lighting on your models or maybe the flash on the camera (if it was on)

I do agree with PoA though, your models are suberb and your painting techniques are really something! Good work!