Would it be possible to convert Wardancers??

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

Prince of Arnheim
Willow Warrior of Wascana
Armies I play: Dark Elves and Skaven

Would it be possible to convert Wardancers??

Post by Prince of Arnheim »

I am about to finally buy my Wood Elf Army.

I am still trying to find the right list......but I am pretty sure which models I am going to get to work with.

I am going to invest in two battalions since they are the best deal and apparently come with some extra bits here and there.

Now my questions for you all is....

Do you think it would be possible to convert Wardancers of Galde Guard using the bits in the 2 battalion boxes?

I would imagine there will be extra spear tips, some command swords here and there....and then the glade guard bodies....they are not really naked enough though so the tattoos will be missing.....so this idea might suck....as I havn't held any GG models in my hands to examine I do not know if this will work.

PLease comment.
Highborn Sycath
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Highborn Sycath »

I would say no.

Why? the glade guard models are too static to make good wardancers. they have both their feet on the ground, and dont look like their moving. Just buy the metal wardancers
http://s14.invisionfree.com/The_Lost_Glade/
the lost glade, we're like... the bar you go to after work. We relax and have a bunch of contests and fun atmosphere, while still being a touch serious
Enendill
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Enendill »

Excactly, I'm with H.Sycath on this one, Wardancers are too fluid to be depicted by GG models. Better buy the WD models, they are way too good to miss. Also, be patient, if you are not be able to buy the models atm, proxy them with sth else.

You can convert EG from GG. But you'll need more GG than you have, so, I still think it's better to buy the metallics for these as well.

I ordered the 3 order exclusive WDs today! :lol:
Beware the one lurking in the shadows
theharlequinsid
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by theharlequinsid »

if you're patient and good with GS you could. but it'd take alot of work.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/ ... Alter5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/ ... Alter2.jpg

Thats my Alter made from GG bits, and it has a substantial amount of
movement compared to even some of the WD models. If you're looking for cheap... you could do it. But you'd have to make torsos in the least. If you're looking for different, You can use the Sisters Repentia, relatively simple weapon swaps, and maybe file down a few of their 40k Icons (not that much on them).. and model hair to them if you like.

Ex.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/ ... cerWIP.jpg
Quelthazar
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Quelthazar »

Another suggestion if your doing your army on the cheap is to convert wild riders from the plasic glade riders. You'll have 16 glade riders if you buy the two battalions that makes 2 units of 5 glade riders and a unit of 6 wild riders. This is what I did and im very happy with the result. The glade riders themself are easy to convert being plastic, I just filed off the quiver on their backs and made the cloaks look like fur with some greenstuff. My army has an autume theme so I put the hooded heads on the models to represent the fact they are getting cold and dorment coming into winter.
Prince of Arnheim
Willow Warrior of Wascana
Armies I play: Dark Elves and Skaven

Post by Prince of Arnheim »

Yes indeed I have already noted that possibility for a Wild Rider conversion...I am doing exactly wht you did when I get my battalions....

I will probably end up getting the metal wardancers as they are very nice...

I need 9 a Musician.....and then a Noble so I will probably buy 3 blisters...the 3 special edition and a command group....
Tethlis
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Ogres.

Post by Tethlis »

Witch Elves of Khaine can make for some good wardancers. They're suitable naked enough, and the addition of some less-savage looking blades to replace the Druchii ones would set you on the right path. They would be unique, but not necessarily cheaper than the existing pewter wardancers.