500 point asrai warband

Post by shootyarmies »

Noble – eternal kindred, hail of doom arrow – 110
5 glade guard – 60
5 glade guard – 60
5 scouts – 85
3 waywatchers – 72
5 wardancers - 90

What do ypu think? Also, I have 23 points left over, what should I do with them?
Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Location: In the dark and mildly active crypt that some people call the Battle Report Section

Post by Dori »

I like it except for the character. I would make him a Scouting Kindred noble, with LA, Extra Hand Weapon, HoDA. Basically the same as yours but with the ability to scout.

Then I would add a Champion to any of the GG units to fill up the points.

More Waywatchers would be nice though...

Dori
Ex Council Member
Check out my tactica's in my topic Dori's Tactica's
shootyarmies
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by shootyarmies »

Alright, I just got back from a game against a beast player

Noble – scout, extra hand weapon, light armour, HoDa – 126
5 Glade Guard – 60
5 Glade Guard – 60
5 Scouts – 85
3 Waywatchers – 72
5 wardancers – 90

He had

Wargor with 2 hand weapons, heavy armour, something that let him regenrate
5 gors with 2 hand weapons and 5 ungors with spears and shields with full command
the same
a chariot
8 bestigors

I'm working on a report now
Last edited by shootyarmies on 27 Feb 2006, 00:22, edited 2 times in total.
shootyarmies
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by shootyarmies »

alright, the report is done. I slaughtered him in only 3 turns, but I did get lucky several times.

Deployment looked like this http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/ ... stsDEP.jpg

Turn 1:
He got the first turn, running a head on charge. The wargor went towards my waywatchers and Noble.

My scouts and waywatchers approached the nearest enemies. The waywatchers did nothing (shot wargor, 2 hits, 0 wounds), my noble wounded it, but it was regenerated. The scouts shot at the beast herd, killing 3 ungors (3 hits, 3 wounds). The glade guard all shot at the bestigors, killing 3 (6 hits, 4 wounds).
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/ ... easts1.jpg

Turn 2:
He continued to advance across the front, with his beast herd charging the scouts and his wargor charging the waywatchers. The scouts fled 6”, getting out of range. The waywatchers stood and shot, dealing 1 wound (2 hit, 2 wounds, 2 failed saves, 1 regenerated). The noble missed. In combat, the wargor killed 1 waywatcher (2 hits, 1 wound) and the waywatchers did nothing (2 hits, 1 wound, regenerated). The noble finished it off (2 hits, 2 wounds, 2 failed saves, no regeneration).

The wardancers charged, and the waywatchers marched to get a better position. The glade guard shot at the bestigors, killing four (6 hits, 5 wounds). The scouts fired at the beast herd, finishing off the ungors. The beast herd and bestigors panicked. The wardancers used storm of blades (I think that’s what its called, +1 attack) (12 hits, 11 wounds, 10 failed saves, for a total of 17 sixes). And 2 more sixes for the overrun, 12”, falling just short of the bestigors.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/ ... easts2.jpg

Turn 3:

The bestigors didn’t rally, fleeing another 7”. Same with the beast herd, which left the table. The bestigors moved to avoid the waywatchers. The chariot charged the scouts, who held, I don’t know why. The chariot did 6 impact hits, all of them wounded, and overran 11”.

The wardancers charged the chariot, while the waywatchers shot at the bestigors, no hits. The noble used the hail of doom arrow, for 13 shots. He finished off the bestigors (11 hits, 9 wounds, 7 failed saves). The wardancers used shadows coil, destroying the chariot (7 hits, 5 wounds, 4 failed saves.)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/ ... easts3.jpg

what do you think?
Enendill
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Enendill »

Very nice report and a good victory overall. Well done. The map was an awsome idea, but unfortunately, I could not enlarge it, so I couldn't make out the bubbles used. Still, very good work, keep it up!
Beware the one lurking in the shadows
shootyarmies
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by shootyarmies »

alright, here is a list of everything, from top left to bottom right

brown rectangle - chariot
red circle (both) - beast herd
other brown rectange - bestigors
black squard - wargor
green circle - waywatchers and noble

dark green blob - scouts
green rectangle (both) - glade guard
blue circle - wardancers

also, the waywatchers turn ywllow when they leave the wood

the green blob in the top right is a forest, the brown one is a hill, and that blue thing is a river. It was impassible, but the bridge was open ground and the ford was difficult. The forest was my free one, it wasnt to scale
Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Location: In the dark and mildly active crypt that some people call the Battle Report Section

Post by Dori »

Good Job. Next time though post your reports in the Tactics Forum.

Dori
Ex Council Member
Check out my tactica's in my topic Dori's Tactica's