The new Wood Elf models

Moderator: Council of Elders

Neanderthal05
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Neanderthal05 »

I dont know why all of you guys are going crazy over that battle standard bearer... i personally dont think it is very good at all, not compared to some of the other newer models(great wepon wielding dwarf and wood elf) I also dont think that the Alter Noble is all that great.... It is a good model no doubt, but our great weapon wielding lord is still much better... The 2 hand weapon charac6ter is kool though, and i will be getting one of those immediately after it is released. just my 2 cents.

-Neanderthal05
Am I the only one who thinks an elf army should be full of elves and not trees?

Ash nazg durbatuluk
Ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatuluk
Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.....
Ithildir Hawk-eye
The Wanderer
Armies I play: Dwarfs, Wood Elves

Post by Ithildir Hawk-eye »

I have enhanced the pic posted by Warmaster, maybe it will make it easier to see the details. I did what I could....

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a252/ ... nownWE.jpg

Cheers
Ithildir
Co-founder

Dwarfs of Karak Kadrin
Highborn Sycath
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Highborn Sycath »

yes they can (see pg. 53, Wood Elves Armybook)
oh yeah. i was looking at the normal mounts part.. just passed that over. i take it back.

the female bsbs been available in a certain country for a while( dont recall which, i think it was denmark of finland), it was only sold at one store that got a special deal with gw to promote the hobby. gws now decideing to sell it everywhere, but its a direct services model is what rumours say.
http://s14.invisionfree.com/The_Lost_Glade/
the lost glade, we're like... the bar you go to after work. We relax and have a bunch of contests and fun atmosphere, while still being a touch serious
spooky kid
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by spooky kid »

nice one Ithildir, that does look a tad clearer. That 2 hand wep model is looking pretty sweet :wub: although i really doubt i would ever use it rules wise
Ithildir Hawk-eye
The Wanderer
Armies I play: Dwarfs, Wood Elves

Post by Ithildir Hawk-eye »

That 2 hand weapon model apears to be wearing a cool horned helm or antlers or something and have a spear coming out from behind her.
Co-founder

Dwarfs of Karak Kadrin
Highborn Sycath
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

she has a helmet with antlers and in her raised right hand a sword, and in her left hand a spear which goes behind her back.
the lost glade, we're like... the bar you go to after work. We relax and have a bunch of contests and fun atmosphere, while still being a touch serious
Arioch
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Arioch »

It's not clear from the image whether the "antlers" are on that model, or something behind her.
"Cursed be the man who holds back his sword from shedding blood." - Pope Gregory VII
Well of Souls
Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Location: In the dark and mildly active crypt that some people call the Battle Report Section

Post by Dori »

I agree wit Neanderthal05 her that the BSB IMO isn't that good, well as good as some of the other models. That new EG noble is looking pretty sweet though....

Dori
Ex Council Member
Check out my tactica's in my topic Dori's Tactica's
Deathjester
Painting Guru

Post by Deathjester »

warmaster wrote: its actually a higborn at great eagle accoring to rumours on warseer,
Having seen the release schedule i'm quite sure it's a spellweaver, but then i could be mistaken.
and theres also an eternal guard(at least thats what it looks like) female lord coming out seen in the centre of http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachmen ... 1139752938 that picture
I missed that one.

the great eagle is the one in the back of the book, they added a lord cause it wouldnt fit in a blister.
Thats correct, it was pushed back because of this, then it was pushed back further so it didn't conflict with the release of the dwarves.

Also GW wants to boost its cross year sales, and thus has moved the models back to around may time, so that people have got over there impulse asrai buying, and start it again.
the noble with the horns was originally pushed back because of casting issues.
Correct, but i believe these have been resolved.

and the female bsb will be direct services
it's possible but not confirmed.

Personally i don't believe it will be DSO, because that does 3 things, limits where in the world it's sold, denying people who didn't get the army box of the BSB, and also it provides an army with a none Limited edition BSB, other than the slann mage priest. And thus gives them an excuse to release more.

oh, and nobles cant ride great stags ;)
Have you read you're army book??? :p
The wild rider noble on the stag looks better than the WD pc, the pic was really really bad.....
have you seen the model in person?
In deed i have, i've seen it being painted, and it actually looks quite nice :) Which came as a shock,initally i thought it was a different model.
Here's the jig, you don't have to agree with what i say, you can tell me that you don't... Just don't expect me to care.

Highborn Sycath
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

In deed i have, i've seen it being painted, and it actually looks quite nice Smile Which came as a shock,initally i thought it was a different model.
i knew it couldnt be as bad as it looked! thats very good news :groovie:
In deed i have, i've seen it being painted, and it actually looks quite nice Smile Which came as a shock,initally i thought it was a different model.
hehe read my next post
oh yeah. i was looking at the normal mounts part.. just passed that over. i take it back.
it was my mistake completly though.. should read things better
Eternal Highborn
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Eternal Highborn »

Great Weapon Dwarf and Wood Elf?
The Ultima Weapon
Neanderthal05
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Neanderthal05 »

Yes the wood elf with the great weapon... and the dwarf with the greatweapon(his head is on its haft) was it really that hard to understand? 8)
Am I the only one who thinks an elf army should be full of elves and not trees?

Ash nazg durbatuluk
Ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatuluk
Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.....
Highborn Sycath
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

and the dwarf with the greatweapon(his
well theres three of those but it s still not that confusing. those dwarf lords do rock though.

im definately getting the greaat stag model, infact, im gonna get all those new models.. every single one(even though i wont use them :lol: )
Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Location: In the dark and mildly active crypt that some people call the Battle Report Section

Post by Dori »

I love teh new dwarf models, the one with the great weapon and the direct services one too are also exquisite.

i knew it couldnt be as bad as it looked! thats very good news
Yes good news, I was hoping for this.
the noble with the horns was originally pushed back because of casting issues.

Correct, but i believe these have been resolved.
That's a relief, I can't wait till it comes out! (still waiting for the EG one too :yay: )

Dori
Ex Council Member
Highborn Sycath
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

thanks to Servent of Isha on the Lost Glade we have a picture of the noble on eagle! and better picture of eternal noble with antlers!

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthrea ... post489732

it looks like a noble thats on the eagle.. but is the eagle plastic, or is that just for the mock up?
Last edited by Highborn Sycath on 18 Feb 2006, 21:45, edited 3 times in total.
Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Dori »

Could you possible get a bigger picture of them? I can barely make them out.

Looks good though, even if I can't make out a lot of the detail ;)

Dori
Ex Council Member
Highborn Sycath
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

ill try, but i didnt take the pic. ill see if i can get SoI to make them larger.

its most definately a noble on the eagle, cause s/he has armour on his leg.
Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Dori »

Where did you find those pics anyway? Perhaps if I knew where to find them I could get a better look at them.

Dori
Ex Council Member
Highborn Sycath
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

servent of isha said they were in the uk white dwarf.
Kyte
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Chaos, Chaos Dwarfs, Wood elves, Beastmen, Ogre Kingdoms

Post by Kyte »

warmaster wrote:servent of isha said they were in the uk white dwarf.
they are not, not in anything below 314!
Highborn Sycath
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

they are not, not in anything below 314!
they are in a uk white dwarf, you can see the page number at the bottom of the pic
Last edited by Highborn Sycath on 18 Feb 2006, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
Kyte
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Chaos, Chaos Dwarfs, Wood elves, Beastmen, Ogre Kingdoms

Post by Kyte »

warmaster wrote: they are in a uk white dwarf, you can see the page number at the bottom of the pic
No they aren't, I just checked anything from 307 :P and I would know if they wewr, I'm a subscriber! maby it's in US WD or something?
Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Dori »

Errrrr.....Posting pics out of a White Dwarf would be breaking copyright. I don't think you should be posting those pics on here, and I think a mod or even you should remove them so you wont be breaking copyright laws. Good pics though.

Dori
Ex Council Member
Highborn Sycath
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

SoI lives in the uk.. i dont think s/he would be getting a us white dwarf now would they.

if its breaking copyright how come the mods let the picture of the great stag stay up.. that was from a white dwarf.
Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Dori »

That is probably a mistake of the mods, and that should be removed also. If people just keep on posting pics of WD's then there would be no reason to buy them and thence GW wouldn't make as much cash.
All subject matter in White Dwarf is © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2006.
Taken from the GW website itself. Here's a link to where I found it.

Dori
Ex Council Member