Future releases - Wishlist

The place for all discussion of the Asrai in Warhammer: The Old World

Moderator: Council of Elders

Thalandor_gaming
Newcomer
Newcomer

Future releases - Wishlist

Post by Thalandor_gaming »

The filthy Dwarfs got some new stuff yesterday at Adepticon. But despite their many shortcomings the release can be used by more educated and civilised people to take a guess at what GW has in store for us.

So what do you fine gentlemen and gentleladies think we could get?

2 special characters probably. My guess would be Durthu because his model was never discontinued and he fits the 400 points monster level character. But I have no idea what could be the second one. Araloth isn't the Glade Lord of Talsyn yet I think. Alarielle would be difficult to balance. Orion maybe? With the success of Total War: Warhammer I could see a new model for Naestra and Arahan due to their high popularity. A new gorgous up-to-date dual kit with both Ceithin-Har and Gwindalor would be a license to print money.

For subfactions, the Laurelorn Forest Wood Elves are most likely to make an apperance. Not sure how to balance that though, as those Wood Elves would have to rely even more on guerilla war than regular Wood Elves, which would probably be a very frustrating experience for any opponent.

I have no idea which warscrolls could get new models. Maybe some mounted Spellweavers? A big chunk of the army has had models in AoS. Glade Guards and Glade Riders look just fine. Wardancers and Waywatcher Made-to-Order maybe?
Avalon
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Future releases - Wishlist

Post by Avalon »

I honestly would be very happy if they can make available the legendary characters, that we can use as special character or normal heroes.

I'm talking about Naieth and her owl, Scarloc and his gang, Gruarth and his tigers, Thalandor and Gwindalor, Ranu, Daith, Lothlann the Standard Bearer, Skaw the Falconer, Wychwethyl, Sceolan...There are so many that they can use.
Yuri
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Yuri »

How many special characters did orcos and gobelinos get?
Yuri's little corner
Møøse trained by Yute Hermsgervørdenbrøtbørda
MortenLarsen
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves & Vampire Counts - mostly...

Post by MortenLarsen »

I only very rarely play with special characters. They can be fun, but too often they dominate a game to much - which I guess is the point of them...

But it would be really cool to see some the oldies return

What I'm really hoping for is several more magical bows, one use arrows, and an errata for HoDA to lower the price
"The owl askes but never answers."

Character list
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AvkMwC1v8aTy0scTF0V ... g?e=oAA3RC

Avalon
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Avalon »

MortenLarsen wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 08:25 I only very rarely play with special characters. They can be fun, but too often they dominate a game to much - which I guess is the point of them...

But it would be really cool to see some the oldies return

What I'm really hoping for is several more magical bows, one use arrows, and an errata for HoDA to lower the price
I instead play those characters that give you special rules to your army, not because they are extremely powerful.

I give you an example: if you play Scarloc, all the scouts are...if you play Sceolan, your Eternal Guards are...and so on

Something that helps you, for example to deploy, your army as it comes from one of the realms of Athel Loren, so it would be very characterised and with its own wee special rules.
Dracos
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Asrai, Chaos

Post by Dracos »

Orion who make Wild Riders core :lol:

Actually I’d like to see a new character that makes playing Eternal Guard internally competitive. Reduction in points would be preferred but maybe a hero that upgrades Stubborn to Unbreakable.

Other than that actual Centaur unit could be a hybrid of Wild and Glade Rider. Or just make them a heavy cavalry S and T 4
The People of the Elven Nations are not to be compared to the filthy Hordes of lesser beings.
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

My guesses:

I think we will see Orion come back, because I think one of the two armies in Arcane Journal will be a Wild Hunt themed army.

I thought they might do a Tree Spirit army, but given how much is still available in the Sylvaneth range, I think that’s unlikely - they seem to be steering away from competing with AoS.

I think we will see Skarloc and his archers come back but as a Regiment of Renown / Mercenary company.

I’m guessing the Forest Dragon will return, which potentially means the Sisters, but I think it’s more likely to have a Glade Lord on top.

Who knows? :-)

I think either Wood Elves or Empire will be next.
~gwh
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
OvertninjaX
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by OvertninjaX »

We'll definitely get a re-release of the dragon kit, as this edition leans into big monsters and other fantastic things more heavily than blocks of troops. The noodle dragon is a pretty decent kit and given that they've released some positively ancient metal sculpts for other ranges I'd be surprised not to see it. I'd also imagine Orion is a prime candidate for a new release, since his model is a pillar of the wood elf range aesthetically and he could do with a refresh.

I'd love to see Warhawks get a new kit as well, they look durfy but their rules have always been pretty solid.

the old metal treekin and tree man cannot be saved, and there are very good replacements already for them (kurnoth hunters are a very able stand-in for treekin, and the current tree man models are 8e kits).
Anaya
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves & High Elves

Post by Anaya »

I don't really expect this to happen, but I think it would be fun for the wood elves to have more animals in their list, not just steeds. A unit of rampaging bears (could use the stats for treekin, I guess), wolf fast cavalry, a swarm of angry badgers or perhaps of spites... but perhaps I am veering more into the realm of fun conversions now, not new units/mini releases.