Modeling characters on mounts

The place for all discussion of the Asrai in Warhammer: The Old World

Moderator: Council of Elders

Killerdou
Newcomer
Newcomer

Modeling characters on mounts

Post by Killerdou »

There seems to be a lot of options for characters on different mounts, but almost all my characters are not mounted.

Do people have any suggestions for moduler mounts?

I can see some well placed pins/magnets to be a solution for foot/hawk/eagle and even the forest dragon, since they could just be standing on them.
But what about the stag/horses?
Would it make sense on the larger bases for my nobles/mages to just stand next to their horses?
I have the lord on stag, so I'm good with that (although mising an arm, lost to the forest over time).
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Re: Modeling characters on mounts

Post by Beithir Seun »

Bit of a tricky one to answer, as there aren't many mounted WE character models in the first place, and they're quite hard to get hold of if you don't have them already.

If you have one of the stag/eleven steed mounted characters, you could potentially magnetise it to work across all mount options. If you only have foot characters to work with, I think having them stand alongside the mount would be the only way for the stag/steed to work.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Killerdou
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Killerdou »

For characters on steed, I really only have a lord on steed (seems to be a bit older than the rest) and no mages or banner etc.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

I'd imagine we'll end seeing at least a couple of new characters when the WE get their TOW release (maybe later this year?) because there are quite a few options that don't have models. I think most (if not all) of the mounted nobles/highborns that have models could be magnetised or pinned to any of the available mounts without too much trouble, so the lord on steed should work on a Warhawk, Eagle or Dragon as well.

There's only two mounted mage models that I'm aware of (one mounted on a steed, the other surfing on a Warhawk; both from 4th/5th edition) so there aren't a lot of options for mounted mage models. With that in mind, the only way you can have a mounted mage is to either convert an appropriate figure or, as you suggested, put a 'standing' mage on the large base as a sort of "counts as" model.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog