Battle Report- Glorious Asrai vs the Barbarian Dawi

The place for all discussion of the Asrai in Warhammer: The Old World

Moderator: Council of Elders

Prince Faolan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Battle Report- Glorious Asrai vs the Barbarian Dawi

Post by Prince Faolan »

heres a batrep of my first game, 500 Points, Wood Elves Vs Dwarfs. Both me and my friend were completely new to TOW/WHFB, so this was really just to learn the new game.
It was a lot of fun, were looking forward to playing a lot more

Deployment:

Cannon in the woods, 7 hammerers with Thane Gromnar, in the middle and Dwarf Warriors on the left
I have 5 dryads left, 9 glade guard with Prince Faolan Centre, and treekin right
my mate rolls off for deploying first, gets a 1
Gets another one to take the first turn
I fire the ARROW OF KURNOUS, wounding Thane Gromnar and bringing him down to 1w.

TURN 1
*Elf Turn*
Both the dryads and the Treekin advance up. And glade guard successfully kill 1 hammerer in shooting
*Dwarf Turn*
His hammerers and warriors advance, with the Warriors in march column, the cannon fires and sucessfully brings a Treekin down to a single wound

**TURN 2**
*Elf Turn*
The treekin move to cover behind the woods, while the Dryads advance up the left to close on the cannon.
Prince Faolan once again fails to wound anyone, but once again his archers outdo him, taking out 2 more hammerers

*Dwarf turn*
The hammerers pivot to face the dryads, attempting to protect the cannon from the advancing Tree Spirits
The warriors redress their ranks into combat order and hold position
THE CANNON MISFIRES! taking it out of action for the next turn and killing a crew member, terrible news for the crew, with dryads in charge range.

**TURN 3**
*Elf Turn*
The dryads charge the Cannon crew, rolling a 5 to make the 10 inch charge
On the far side of the battlefield. the Treekin charge the Dwarf warriors, and begin combat with the regiment.
the treekin fight, tree stomping the champion and a warrior to death, but failing to get through the dwarf armour with standard attacks, the Dwarfs lose combat by 3 points and roll a Double 6 for Morale, immediately breaking and fleeing before the Elves

*Dwarf turn*
as the only thing left, the Hammerers resolve to die with honour, as they move towards the glade guard to fight to the last.

**TURN 4**
*Elf Turn*
theres not much left at this point, my glade guard shoot at the hammerers and kill the last two. leaving only Thane Gromnar.

*Dwarf Turn
Gromnar waddles forward again, its about all he can do.

**TURN 5**
*Elf Turn*
Prince Faolan dismisses his archer guard, and chooses to deal with the Dwarf Scum himself, declaring a charge against the Wounded dwarf, he strikes first, but fails to wound.
Thane Gromnar hits back, and successfully embeds his axe in Faolan, bringing both down to one wound

finally, to end the game, gromnar charges the Glade Guard, and as they flee, he pursues them, wiping out the regiment.

wood elf victory, though i really fed the dwarfs a lot of points by losing the 1v1.
Fitz
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Dwarves, Wood Elves, Tyranids

Re: Battle Report- Glorious Asrai vs the Barbarian Dawi

Post by Fitz »

Unless my eyes deceive me you got to play it at Warhammer World, which is pretty cool!

Welcome to the sacred groves!
MortenLarsen
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves & Vampire Counts - mostly...

Post by MortenLarsen »

Really cool report, thanks!
"The owl askes but never answers."

Character list
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AvkMwC1v8aTy0scTF0V ... g?e=oAA3RC

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Nice to see a first TOW report, and at Warhammer World no less!
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Prince Faolan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Prince Faolan »

Fitz wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 07:43 Unless my eyes deceive me you got to play it at Warhammer World, which is pretty cool!

Welcome to the sacred groves!
I'm pretty lucky to live about 20 minutes away from WHW, felt appropriate to play there after like 2 years of my mate and I shitposting about beating up the other army. it was a great time