Return to the woods of Athel Loren

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

shadowfast
Newcomer
Newcomer

Return to the woods of Athel Loren

Post by shadowfast »

Hey there!

My name is Chris and I am currently celebrating my comeback to the Old World.

I blew off the dust of my army from the 90's and have them all rebased and primed.

Being part of a very active discord I was made aware that this forum exists and I'm happy to be here.

I am looking mostly for painted miniatures as an inspiration and like myself a good discussion about army building.

I'll leave you with my current pile of potential as I am rebuilding the sample army list from the 4th edition army book while dabbling into the lore of Shadowfast, a certain Wardancer from the old Inferno magazine:

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Re: Return to the woods of Athel Loren

Post by Beithir Seun »

Welcome to the forest Chris! Great to see you've found your way here.

Impressive work getting everything rebased. I'm still puzzling over that quandary myself, of whether to rebase painted minis.

You should still be able to find some painting inspiration in the Meadow of Arts forum, although as we've moved domains there may be a few out of date links. I'll be doing my best to update threads so that we can get images back in the right places!
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Re: Return to the woods of Athel Loren

Post by godswearhats »

Welcome Chris. I too am rebasing, although all my Elves are painted already. This is the second rebasing, as the first one was to scenic bases for Kings of War. Still waiting on bases to arrive, they've become like gold dust around here :)
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord