The "New" Asrai.org

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

The "New" Asrai.org

Post by Naggie »

• Asrai.org is up and kickin'!
After a bit of fiddling, and a lot of data transfers, we have found a new home. We are currently being hosted on the druchii.net servers, which is why our new address is http://asrai.druchii.net :) This new address is only temporary, as the DNS changes will be made to direct http://www.asrai.org onto the asrai.druchii.net target. But for the time being, the site is up and kickin' again.

With this in mind, the old site has been taken down. Which also means that all links you may have had to stuff on the old site will need to be refreshed. Everything you had back there is still here, but a hotink now has a slightly different url. For example, my signature images which I used to have on the old server on http://www.asrai.org/naggie/nagsig.png can now be found at http://www.asrai.druchii.net/naggie/nagsig.png :)

In addition to our new and cozy home, I've appointed a new technical admin to help us out. It's the webmaster from Druchii.net who has helped me a lot in this transfer, Syriath! I will be stepping down more and more as time goes by, and Syriath will lurk in the shadows but focus mainly on the Druchii.net side of things. So we're looking for someone who feel that he or she can muster the technical aspects of the site, and keep the Dark Elves with a smile on their face around the bonfires at nights. If you feel up for it, let me know via PM or mayhaps a simple reply to this topic.

Apart from that, let's go out and tell the world that we're back online and ready to be feared again!

Naggie
(Former) Asrai.org Owner & Admin
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Re: The "New" Asrai.org

Post by frogboy »

Great news Naggie, thanks for the hard work and hope it all works out for the best. We've come a long way since last year when we feared the site would be gone forever. Thanks to the other sites for discussing this and making it happen.

As usual I will be patrolling the woods watching for spam bots, please anyone feel free to email me or send me a PM if you need topics changed or you see something upsetting. Also if anyone wants to get any of the monthly competitions back up and running then i would also be interested in helping do that.

cheers,
frogboy
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

We should still have the same protection as we had on our former address. Everything should be copied straight up. I've done some back-end updates since the move, but everything should be as it were.

If anyone finds something that doesn't work as it used to, or if something is missing (attachment, avatar etc.) let me know by commenting here. Hopefully, the notification emails should still be working.

~ Naggie
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Notification emails are working fine. Security seems to be holding up, not seen a spam bot for years. Not even a lone wondering troll to snipe... :ninja:

Thanks for all the hard work Naggie :thumbsup:
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
LadyLoec
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Vampire Counts, Empire, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven, Dark Elves, Dwarves

Post by LadyLoec »

Thanks to all for the hard work on keeping Asrai alive and kicking. Sadly, all my stuff is currently in boxes while I move house, so I will be hobbying vicariously through you all for a while.
Syriath
Master of Druchii

Post by Syriath »

A quick heads-up. In an attempt to cut costs, we'll be making a few modifications to our hosting plan. This should not affect the server in any way... In theory, at least.
Disciple of Nagash
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Disciple of Nagash »

A post for anyone who may see it and hopefully save asrai.org

I have sent this to Naggie:

Hi Naggie,

Not sure if you're still getting messages but thought I'd try.

I think you might have been contacted about this, but thought I'd reach out myself. I understand Asrai.org is currently sleeping, and there have been the mention of issues with forum software.

Carpe Noctem had a similar experience, which has now been sorted and I'm slowly bringing the forum back to life. We have expanded the forum to include all things undead, and also offering a place for other armies. I'm really sad to see the old forums suffer.

But I think this forum should be preserved, and if there are any staff here who are still interested, look at how we can work together. In short I'd like to offer:

- CN has brilliant software and loads of space. I'd like to propose moving your content and members over. At the minimum, It can be maintained, but for those still interested, it can become a place for Wood Elves. I can create what would effectively feel like their own forum.
- We can somehow link in the asrai.org domain name to redirect
- Staff here who want to be active can be on the team at CN
- As I do for CN, I will cover all costs for the software and servers etc
- Hopefully this way we can maintain all the great things created here, and create a fantastic place for WE players.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

DoN