Goodbye Asrai.org

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

LadyLoec
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Vampire Counts, Empire, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven, Dark Elves, Dwarves

Re: Goodbye Asrai.org

Post by LadyLoec »

Gladelord Berenthor wrote:Just finished a 6K Wood Elves army and looking at playing a lot and discussing tactics.
I've recently played my first 6k game too. Brutal - I've not played at that pointage except in 2v2 or 3v3 games before.
Ingen
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Ingen »

Well...my english is no so good so i must excuse myself, but i have been reading this portal a lot of years (although i have registered now) and i would like to say somethings:

I have been playing with wood elves since i was a child, with rules of 5th, 6th, the "invasion hordes" (i dont know the english name so i traduced from spainsh XD), 7th, 8th...till the end.
Its a shame what gw has done to the fantasy comunity, aos is not warhammer, you just go and throw dices, no moving strategy, nor list confections....its just another game, you can laught a lot and drink some beer later but its not the same.

For the ones who are thinking in leaving the game, i would like to say: Dont do that, its our hobby, and we cant abbandon it because of the decission of gw managers....i am and etc player, and when i knew the notice of warhammer ending i also blamed, but some people of the etc community, with other ones of the swedish comp system created a new version of the game...9 age.

It has a forum, rules, a normal galery, it has also a place where the people put a unit(for example bretonian knights, and they put a guide of other miniature marks; gamezone, privateer press, mantic...where you cand find knights...); many people are making big efforts to make a good game...i have seen and played 9 age, and it really worth it, so if you are thinking on lefting the game(and our wood elves) just try 9 age, give a chance...

Sorry about the tons of mistakes i have probably written. Have a nice day!
Cernunnos
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: AAAARRRGGGHHH!! too many to mention!!

Post by Cernunnos »

Ingen wrote:Well...my english is no so good so i must excuse myself, but i have been reading this portal a lot of years (although i have registered now) and i would like to say somethings:

I have been playing with wood elves since i was a child, with rules of 5th, 6th, the "invasion hordes" (i dont know the english name so i traduced from spainsh XD), 7th, 8th...till the end.
Its a shame what gw has done to the fantasy comunity, aos is not warhammer, you just go and throw dices, no moving strategy, nor list confections....its just another game, you can laught a lot and drink some beer later but its not the same.

For the ones who are thinking in leaving the game, i would like to say: Dont do that, its our hobby, and we cant abbandon it because of the decission of gw managers....i am and etc player, and when i knew the notice of warhammer ending i also blamed, but some people of the etc community, with other ones of the swedish comp system created a new version of the game...9 age.

It has a forum, rules, a normal galery, it has also a place where the people put a unit(for example bretonian knights, and they put a guide of other miniature marks; gamezone, privateer press, mantic...where you cand find knights...); many people are making big efforts to make a good game...i have seen and played 9 age, and it really worth it, so if you are thinking on lefting the game(and our wood elves) just try 9 age, give a chance...

Sorry about the tons of mistakes i have probably written. Have a nice day!
your English is absolutely fine! I can't even communicate in Spanish! :roll:

I completely agree with you, don't leave, enjoy 8th ed!! (or earlier) enjoy your hobby!
Proud owner of Ltd Wood Elves book 446

Galadrin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Galadrin »

Hah, 5th Edition is still the only edition I play. I just love the army book and the fluff and never felt later editions improved on it much.

I remember when Asrai took over from the forum at Machiara's Battle Glade. It was sad to see that community go, but I learned to really appreciate Asrai as well. It would be terrible to see Asrai fail as well and I am glad to hear it will be kept on by Druchii.net.
Disciple of Nagash
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Disciple of Nagash »

Sent to Naggie for anyone still around:

I understand Asrai.org is currently sleeping, and there have been the mention of issues with forum software.

Carpe Noctem had a similar experience, which has now been sorted and I'm slowly bringing the forum back to life. We have expanded the forum to include all things undead, and also offering a place for other armies. I'm really sad to see the old forums suffer.

But I think this forum should be preserved, and if there are any staff here who are still interested, look at how we can work together. In short I'd like to offer:

- CN has brilliant software and loads of space. I'd like to propose moving your content and members over. At the minimum, It can be maintained, but for those still interested, it can become a place for Wood Elves. I can create what would effectively feel like their own forum.
- We can somehow link in the asrai.org domain name to redirect
- Staff here who want to be active can be on the team at CN
- As I do for CN, I will cover all costs for the software and servers etc
- Hopefully this way we can maintain all the great things created here, and create a fantastic place for WE players.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

DoN
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

Disciple of Nagash wrote:Sent to Naggie for anyone still around
And DoN just got a reply from me as well. Basically, I'm no longer the owner of the files or databases. It's in Druchii.net's hands. But I'd love to see the site flourish once again and I will support any attempt at shooting some life into the community.

Regards,
Naggie
Syriath
Master of Druchii

Post by Syriath »

I should have picked this up earlier, sorry. I'm available to assist any migration. For now, I just try to keep everything running.

The transfer of the domain Asrai.org was unsuccesful, and unfortunately somebody sniped it. My guess is that some bot or automated service tries to snipe any domain that has a higher Google ranking.
I haven't seen it become available since.