Games Workshop Store:

Discuss anything related to the Asrai, our forests, or camps around the Old World in here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

RichyC91
Newcomer
Newcomer

Games Workshop Store:

Post by RichyC91 »

Hi All,

I'm new to Wood Elves so don't know how much to read into this.

Currently on the GW Webstore all Dryads and Treemen are showing as sold out... These models seem quite recently re-designed so I doubt they are doing that. Could we be seeing a reduction in our forest spirit models?

Might just be reading this all wrong.

Cheers.
PensivePanther
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Games Workshop Store:

Post by PensivePanther »

I think you are safe, they are showing up in the US store.

Word is the forest spirits are going to show up in the next campaign book. So maybe they are just repackaging them with round bases or something? But I'd be patient, they will almost certainly show up.

Regards,
PPan
Waywatching
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Waywatching »

Dryads now showing as sold out, no longer available across all markets it seems.

Given they've been a significant feature in the new AoS book and GW have gone through the effort of painting up a whole load of new dryads on round bases, it would be pretty shocking if they scrapped them.

Almost certainly just repackaging for bases.

Real question is whether they take the opportunity for a price hike.
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Post by Baardah »

Expect same price but halve the number of models in the box
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
Merlin Elf friend
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Merlin Elf friend »

I think, bit of both, last price I paid was £18 for 12 (in UK).

My guess is 10 for £20-25 repackaged with round bases. Warscroll gives a benefit for 12+ in a unit and most unit numbers (for infantry) are either 5 or 10.
Just hope it won't be £20/25 for Five models! The new Sigmarites are now £30 for 5!! Single characters (plastic) £20-25.
Peter of Loren
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Peter of Loren »

Merlin Elf friend wrote: Just hope it won't be £20/25 for Five models! The new Sigmarites are now £30 for 5!! Single characters (plastic) £20-25.
True, but to my knowledge, Sigmarines are much larger than most infantry models.
"In the war against ignorance and stupidity, you sometimes have to fight fire with fire."
Duraska
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Duraska »

GW is a company that tries to sell a single plastic circular base for $6.50 USD. So yeah, I'm sure Dryads will come back at a premium. :cry:
Sidewinder
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Sidewinder »

Duraska wrote:So yeah, I'm sure Dryads will come back at a premium. :cry:
If they come back at all.
Favorite hobby - playing GW games
2nd favorite hobby - complaining about GW
Avalon101
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Avalon101 »

I might buy a box from my local store now in anticipation of the price hike! If they are just getting round bases, I'll exchange it.

edit: just remembered they don't sell them in my store..
Caranthir Ciryatan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Caranthir Ciryatan »

Have you seen the prices for the Age Of Sigmar Spacemarines clones. Over £60 for a box of twelve.

Cheers.
Avalon101
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Avalon101 »

The new judicators are 30 pounds for 5.. and I thought the witch elves were expensive when they came out
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Post by Billthesurly »

We are noticing $100.00 US for a box of 10 "Sigmarines". PLASTIC Sigmarines. Ten bucks a figure for plastic? Really? <.<

They had better sing and dance and wash my car.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
PensivePanther
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by PensivePanther »

I just noticed the price of the new Stormcast Eternal archer dudes. The future is grim indeed.
Sidewinder
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Sidewinder »

I came down with acute sticker shock when I saw the price of the Stormcast Eternals Lord-Castellant model at the FLGS.

I cannot fathom why two models in a small blister pack averages $20 each. Maybe all of the new GW models are all short run productions. That wouldn't make sense unless they don't plan on making more.

Maybe they expect that new players will not buy many models for AoS because the game doesn't require as many models as Warhammer.
All this is so curious.
Avalon101
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Avalon101 »

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/th ... -with.html

This states that they will be rereleased at $41, they are currently $35.

edit: but you get 16 in a box now! :eek:
UKlvrBM
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves

Post by UKlvrBM »

I just left my local GW store last night. The guy talked me into buying one of the new treeman kits. I have two old models, one metal and the other finecast. I think the new one is amazing, but didn't feel like paying for it just yet. His talk sealed the sale.

His words: They are redoing Durthu and he will be $100 on his own. He said that the kits were sold out online and that the deepwood box was as well. He actually said he was surprised it still rang up at $61, which I thought was silly. It still had a price tag on it.

He tried to sell me the deepwood, but I passed and said I would never need 5 treemen. He claimed that I would in AOS, but I doubt I will ever get into that heavily. My groups likes 8th a lot and might just amend those rules for some things to make them better. Anyway, fast forward to earlier today. I check online and they still show the treeman for sale (as of about 5 hours ago), but now it's sold out.

Maybe he does know what he's talking about. Who knows. They only way I see that working is if the Durthu bits were all on the same spruce. I haven't opened it so I am not sure. That does seem feasible though.

Edit: After reading the release, this makes total sense. They remove the Durthu stuff and repackage it all for about the same price, less Durthu. Then they release the new model later this year.
Merlin Elf friend
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Merlin Elf friend »

Had an extremely quick look at the White Dwarf due out this Saturday; in the back the dryads were on pre-order for £25; but as stated elsewhere there are now 16 in the box, so only a minimal price hike (about £1), as they worked out at £1:50 per model when £18 for 12.

Absolute Bargain when compared to the new Sigmarites at £6 each.

Anyone know if they are going to re-release the Tree Kin, as they were the Star of my last game against undead (AoS) Two warscrolls of six each looking good!
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

Today on twitter someone leaked a photo of the dryad repackaging. In Canada this equates to a $7 price hike to pay for the 16 round bases you get instead of the squares. My guess is there is probably a new package that matches the theme started in the End Times.

Expect this as product that is square based sells out and is replaced with the round base equivalent.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
Yojimbo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Yojimbo »

The original dryad box only had 12 dryads in didn't it? Now you get 16. Was £20 now £25. That doesn't seem too bad to me...or am missing something.
From tiny twiglets mighty treemen grow.
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

For all their insistence in the rules that bases don't matter, GW seems to be going through a lot of effort on behalf of those poor insignificant bases.... hmmmm....
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Post by Billthesurly »

They must have had a LOT of leftover Dryads lying about.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Yojimbo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Yojimbo »

Yes very unlike GW to give us more for...erm... more. Usually it's less for more.
From tiny twiglets mighty treemen grow.
RubyTuesday
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by RubyTuesday »

I have had enormous mileage out of the dryad kit. Love it. Hopefully when repackaged you'll still get lots of extra bits. You don't have to be a master modeller to get a few more out of the kit and extra bits go toward a branchwraith. I've used the arms as fingers on scratch built tree kin as well. Wayland games has them up for £20 but it doesn't really say how many. Easy to paint. 2nd best plastic kit to the giant. Pricing has gone bonkers since it became solely about dollars and the old guard all left/got kicked so you've got to milk each kit for everything you can get. Green stuff is cheap on eBay. Get 36" and stick it in the freezer.
Sidewinder
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Sidewinder »

I'm no longer aghast about GW prices. People keep trying to convince me to play Warmachine/Hordes because they say it's cheaper. I just checked Privateer Press website. The price for their starter sets are $50 each. Each starter set has from three to five models.
PensivePanther
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by PensivePanther »

Sidewinder wrote:I'm no longer aghast about GW prices. People keep trying to convince me to play Warmachine/Hordes because they say it's cheaper. I just checked Privateer Press website. The price for their starter sets are $50 each. Each starter set has from three to five models.
Ever wonder what the hobby would be like if models were super cheap?