Fire on the March Question

All questions about difficult rules in here; for both Asrai as well as other armies.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: Fire on the March Question

Post by Aezeal »

Mollesvinet wrote:Wow, seems the civil war mentioned in another thread is about to start out :D
Hmm I thought my post was not that agressive...

I'd not drop the AP on the spears in subsequent rounds though Boskie, this isn't debatable: the rules are clear (as we both posted).
I can see discussion about the sisters.. I can even see there could be discussion about Orions spear in melee (which he does get IMHO), but this isn't debatable, rules are clear and intentions seem to be the same from the way they are written.
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

The frog-quisition is watching <.<
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

No one expects the green frog-quisition!
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Post by Billthesurly »

No it isn't because I have absolutely no intention of persuing this any further. People are going to believe what they want to believe and until GW FAQs it - I will have no more to do with arguing about it - particularly since it appears to border on threadomancy.

I shall only state my opinion that I believe that there is a lot of wish-fulfillment interpretation going on and let it go at that. But hey, more power to them. If your opponent lets it go who am I to say nay?
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Does anyone know how ETC or Swedish comps have ruled this (both of the weapons) if that is covered in those comps at all?
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Have a look on the Warhammer forum
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

frogboy wrote:Have a look on the Warhammer forum
ETC WE FAQ:

Spears mentioned, Javelins not. I think I'll keep this as my guide for what is "generally accepted" (so I won't be playing the sisters on eagle). Most rulings are in the WE players favor (but really in most cases it's hardly a real question, not playing it like this would really mean you opponent is an annoying person in the first place).
I've also found the swedish comp rules.. but they are practically the same (in most cases word for word).

26 Wood Elves

26.1. Q: Can you duplicate the same Enchanted Arrows on different units and characters? Does Arcane Unforging destroy only one model’s arrows at a time? Can you take Enchanted Arrows on a character with a magical standard?
A: Yes. Yes. No.

26.2. Q: Do Wild Rider steeds get +1 Attack from Frenzy?
A: Yes.

26.3. Q: Can you combine Bow of Loren with Waystalker’s special rules?
A: Yes. Multiple Shots does not stack with itself, but Aimed Shot and Sniper do.

26.4. Q: When Forestwalking, the unit counts as having marched. Does this mean it might have to take DT from Dreadquake, test and possibly fail to move with Net of Amyntok, Trigger Flame Cage hits and similar? Do you need to test for marching? Can you forestwalk if you have Random Movement?
A: Yes. Note that if you have already tested for Dreadquake or Net earlier in the movement phase, you don’t test again. No marching test. Yes.

26.5. Q: Do Asrai Spears (mounted) work after the charge round?

26.6. Q: Can Protection counters be used against things that don’t allow any saves? Can they be used if the models wounded don’t have any save? Can they be used against Arnzipal’s Black Horror?
A: No. Yes. No.

26.7. Q: Is Arrow of Kurnous fired before Vanguard moves?

26.8. Q: Do Sniping Waystalkers fire at the same time as their unit?
A: Yes, declare targets at the same time.

26.9. Q: How do Naestra & Arahan on Gwindalor work?
A: The model has T4 and 3 wounds. It heals to full wounds at the end of every phase.

26.10. Q: Does Orion’s spear work in close combat too?
A: Yes. It’s a magical close combat weapon that ignores armor saves.
Boskie43
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Boskie43 »

frogboy wrote:The frog-quisition is watching <.<
Witch!.jpg
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

frogboy wrote:The frog-quisition is watching <.<
Ok so a few people have asked me what I meant by this in a PM so rather than answer all my "fan mail" individually I'll just put one big reason here that should cover all bases at once and extend my umbrella of rebuke into the air to protect me from falling !*?@...

Firstly, I don't play Warhammer any more so I am not 100% knowledgeable on the subject of rules, although I will sometimes offer advise from a gamers perspective, roll some dice and move on for example...
Secondly, I am a MOD on the forum, unfortunately nobody else wanted it at the time so I stepped up, so that means I sometimes blunder into topics that I have limited knowledge about or interest in because I feel that I need to stop something from happening before it happens, yes its called being a Time Lord, Ok so less of the jokes I know they are questionable at best. So to that end in response to this topic I felt it was going to go off topic or develop into an argument as sometimes can happen when people have different opinions, usually this is the big argument between RAI and RAW.

I am not pointing the finger at anyone, just laying some ground rules whilst I seen it in case it develops into a complete cluster later on and I miss it or something. As far as who is write or wrong I don't know ? Your wee Mammy tells you to put the toilet seat down and your Old Man still [insert bad word here] on it ??

jeez

Javalins, Arraz an stuff :confused:
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Post by Billthesurly »

He's mad with power! MAD I tell you! MAD! :crazy:
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All kind of Elves.

Post by NonnoSte »

No Bill, I'm pretty sure he wrote MOD, with the "O".
:D

(PS: sorry for the further OT, but I couldn't resist. I hope you won't take it wrong Frogboy. I agree completely with your Green Post -maybe it should be the Green-quisition - and it's plainly clear this thread has derailed long ago from Bill's initial question)
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

Haha, Bill you are the best!

In any case, just play the rules as you and your friends like them. Just make sure to double check before going to tournaments and such.
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Exactly what I thought :D