eternity king lists

Share your tactical prowess and learn new ways of beating your foes with all the might of the Asrai.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Akorndr2
Newcomer
Newcomer

eternity king lists

Post by Akorndr2 »

hey guys in australia we are fully engaged in using the end times just none of the super characters like nagash malekeith and karl franz are you guys in the states and europe using the army lists?
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: eternity king lists

Post by Phil Rossiter »

It's very split here mate.

Some tourneys don't use End Times. Some allow the new units but not the army lists. Some allow the lists but not the uber-characters. Some allow all of it.

But no Khaine Magic, as far as I can see.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Which is odd IMHO since Khaine magic is a reasonably balanced thing. The uber characters might not be balanced in all cases or at least hard to counter for some armies and some of the new units (I remember those infantry from nurgle) are also a bit stronger than the available alternatives...

So the most balanced change is not used... odd.
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

The guys who run the big tournaments here (who tend to be very strong players) looked at it and decided against. I believe they considered it needed some changes to work properly in a GT setting and felt that End Times had brought enough changes already, once you factor in the impact that 50% Lords and Heroes has even before this.
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

In Canada people play whatever they want. Some people play Khaine Magic, some don't. Nagash shows up. It is really up to the people playing.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
abyzzal
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by abyzzal »

Actually I think khaine magic is the most unbalanced of all the new rules to have come in. Especially for us, since we can get to +6 to cast in a forest. Being able to throw 2 dice at cheap spells and have the going off quite reliably is broken. An example of this was in an end times game at 6k points, where i was using a light council that consisted of: level Spellweaver book of ashur and the 5++ tali, spellsinger with MR3 tali, spellsinger moonstone of the hidden ways, spellsinger Hail of Doom Arrow, Spellsinger Dispel Scroll and one other spellsinger deployed into a unit of 30 glade guard. I was playing against undead legions, and my opponent had taken nagash, He'd deployed him far away from the light council thinking he was safe. I'd deployed my light council in a forest on the right flank and i'd left a forest in the middle of the table empty. His first turn he failed to summon a fulcrum, and his magic was relatively uneventful thankfully. My turn, i teleport my light council to the middle of the table then just go to town with banishment. 3D6 S9 hits later nagash was dead. Then a unit of black knights. Then most of the army. After 3 turns, the light council had single handedly removed over 3k points worth of models from the table, and my opponents conceded.

Another example is playing as ogres, and being able to continually throw the stat buffing spells on units. Not many opponents can take a unit of iron guts running around at S7 T7 with 4+ regen.

For undead legions it can get worse, as they get a bunch of spell casting bonuses by being in close proximity with things like a hierotitan. So really I'm glad most tourneys aren't running khaine rules. Also casket of souls when it's spammable against low leadership armies is just ridiculous.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Just 1 dispell means you can't cast the spell anymore that turn.. that should stop it if it really bothers someone.
abyzzal
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by abyzzal »

That's subject to some debate, our gaming group has gone with the if you successfully roll for the attempt to cast the spell then even if it's dispelled then you can attempt to cast it again. This is helped somewhat by the D6 power dice being thrown at a spell. Without turning it into a rules debate, here's a link to the guts of the argument: " http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 26036.page "
nXken
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: WE

Post by nXken »

In HOTEK lists you can field 8 (!!!) ballista's... srsl fked up

Pair that with some casters, our (HBT / TFA) GG, some waywatchers/scouts, the Moonbow-guy from HE and maybe some WR....

that's just plain disgusting >.>
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
FriedTaterExplosion
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dwarfs, and Salamanders

Post by FriedTaterExplosion »

nXken wrote:In HOTEK lists you can field 8 (!!!) ballista's... srsl fked up

Pair that with some casters, our (HBT / TFA) GG, some waywatchers/scouts, the Moonbow-guy from HE and maybe some WR....

that's just plain disgusting >.>
This has come up. The thing is the High Elf List and the Dark Elf list says that you can take "A High/Dark Elf Army can take up to four bolt throwers." It's been ruled in the End Times tournies around my parts that since you're using an Eternity King list, you aren't a Dark/High Elf army. Soooooo.... we've been playing it that an Eternity King list can take up to 5 bolt throwers (3 from Reaver Bolt Throwers and 2 Eagle Claw, as they are special and rare respectively.)

Seems reasonable to me, anyhow.
nXken
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: WE

Post by nXken »

Just imagine taking that many bolt-throwers vs a O&G army...

meat on a stick anyone? :)
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Jossebuschman
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves, Bretonnians, Romans, Greeks, Vikings, CoA.

Post by Jossebuschman »

nXken wrote:In HOTEK lists you can field 8 (!!!) ballista's... srsl fked up
Host of the eternity king abbreviated is HOTEK, that's pretty cool :D.

Ontopic,

I really don't like how powerful eternity king is, fortunately there are more and more tournaments that disallow ET armies in the Netherlands.
That means chaos with the reign of chaos table is banned as well, which I am very much in favour of.

@Tater,

I hadn't read it like that, but that is a good way to look at it.
Now there's a frood who knows where his towel is!
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

Hopefully you get the happy medium we're getting.

I've got a steady diet of non-ET tournaments until the summer. Guys who like it can play HOTEK in a string of different tournaments. Win-win.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Are Reaper boltthrowers that good.. can't you just put more GG and have nearly the same effect? Not D3 wounds but more rolls to get poison and score 1-2 wounds. It's not as hit or miss as a reaper I'd say.
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Phil Rossiter »

One good thing about RBT's is they can hurt targets that have both good armour and high Toughness.