It truly is the End Times

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

T.D.
Newcomer
Newcomer

It truly is the End Times

Post by T.D. »

...as the Dark Elves are travelling along the World Roots to Athel Loren :ninja:

Greetings from a faction riven between Malekith and Tyrion, Asuryan and Khaine...

Looking forward to mutual Elf-type chat :thumbsup:

T.D. of Druchii.net
Git
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs & Goblins, Skaven

Re: It truly is the End Times

Post by Git »

Hi!

I don't really know anything about the Khaine book, but how is it affecting Dark Elf lists? Do you want to try out any of our units?
Which of your units would you guys take in a primarily Asrai list?
T.D.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by T.D. »

Basically, we hate being shot to bits by you guys :cry:

...so, all your shooty stuff:

Glade Guard
Glade Riders
Waywatchers
Warhawk Riders

...and your best fighty stuff:

Wild Riders

= Happy Druchii

The buzz on D.net is all about the hideous combos possible in the Tri-Army list;

Cauldron Witches, BOTWD Lions, Waywatchers, Dreadlords, Loremasters, Wild Riders, Frost Phoenix, Warlocks ...all in the same army :sexy:
bjoernuhlig
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tomb Kings

Post by bjoernuhlig »

Heya. Hi there. Loved to fight you guys, now welcome to the woods.

All hail the new King Malekith.

In my last game vs Druchii the twins actually shot him off his dragon which was then finished by Orion himself :sexy:
Guess that is history now. Well, the queen follows the new big guy with the large stick, and we follow the queen. Just a few things before we sit down together (same goes for high elves btw):

Rule number one. No meat. We dont eat meat here, and as Naggaroth is gone, and Ulthuan likely too, get prepared to eat ... blossoms soup :nod:
Rule number two: Dont break branches of trees. They ... dont like. The will break branches off of you in return.
Rule number three: The south eastern parts of the forest. It is really not advised to go there at night. And day. And all other times, bad neighborhood. Might not find your way back in one piece. Ask the rangers for special permit if you dont care :thumbsup:
Rule number four: Once every year take a field trip down to Quenelles and hunt down the bretonians. Feel free to join. We call it "Wild Hunt", its kinda our national sport here. Its not mandatory ... but no one ever stayed home, ever. Its like a surge, loose control, I guess you are familiar with the concept? Big fun. Remember, leave some Brets for next year. Orion led the charge in the past, well, he is gone, but I am sure Malekith will make a good wild huntsman.

That is settled, now... all of you corsairs and witches and cauldrons and warlocks and lvl2 dark sorcs over there at the big old grandfather-birchtree: Pls step into my army list, :D Oh yeah.
T.D.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by T.D. »

bjoernuhlig wrote: Rule number one. No meat. We dont eat meat here, and as Naggaroth is gone, and Ulthuan likely too, get prepared to eat ... blossoms soup :nod:
Rule number two: Dont break branches of trees. They ... dont like. The will break branches off of you in return.
Rule number three: The south eastern parts of the forest. It is really not advised to go there at night. And day. And all other times, bad neighborhood. Might not find your way back in one piece. Ask the rangers for special permit if you dont care :thumbsup:
Rule number four: Once every year take a field trip down to Quenelles and hunt down the bretonians. Feel free to join. We call it "Wild Hunt", its kinda our national sport here. Its not mandatory ... but no one ever stayed home, ever. Its like a surge, loose control, I guess you are familiar with the concept? Big fun. Remember, leave some Brets for next year. Orion led the charge in the past, well, he is gone, but I am sure Malekith will make a good wild huntsman.
I heard your staple was something stronger than blossom soup :smoke: ;)

...and hunting Bretonnians always sounds good :D
Caranthir Ciryatan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Caranthir Ciryatan »

I don't think that Naggaroth will be destroyed and Ulthuan shattered more than it is. And the Dark Elves will not travel trough the World Root to Athel Loren. The Elves will have to unite to face the demons and the undead, and some one seems to have called or awaken Khaine.

Cheers
nXken
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: WE

Post by nXken »

Dear Druchii cousin of far-away lands,

Welcome to the woods.

Please sign here, here and here.
By signing these forms you will acquit us, Asrai, of any responsibility in case of loss of your tribesmen, loss of members, loss/gain of your sanity.

Please sign these documents to state likewise in regards to our ancient and most revered allies, the forest-spirits.
I heard Durthu is gaining his mojo back with spring at hand... he may get a little... frollicy :)

PS: Stay out of the Worldroots...
PS2: Leave your dinosaur at the door
PS3: Full frontal nudity is only tolerated if you are pretty :)
PS4: No blood on the carpet!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
T.D.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by T.D. »

nXken wrote: PS3: Full frontal nudity is only tolerated if you are pretty :)
I see I have reached a land full of wisdom :D
Nicholas Nitro
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: wood elves

Post by Nicholas Nitro »

Rule number one. No meat. We dont eat meat here, and as Naggaroth is gone, and Ulthuan likely too, get prepared to eat ... blossoms soup :nod:
"Vegetarian" is an old elven word for "bad-hunter."
"Herald of Athel Loren" Limited Edition Book #0165
AoS is the greatest!
Makiwara
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Makiwara »

Nicholas Nitro wrote:
"Vegetarian" is an old elven word for "bad-hunter."
It's also our word for non-Asrai.

I wondered how long it would take TD to come over here, From Druchii.net via Ulthuan. Good to have you aboard my good dreadsir, I look forward to expatriating your Druchii kin and spreading the joys of Loec worship to them.

P.s. significant land grants on offer for those Druchii bringing bolt throwers. :sexy:
nXken
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by nXken »

Makiwara wrote:P.s. significant land grants on offer for those Druchii bringing bolt throwers. :sexy:
Yep, South-Eastern part is always free :)

Comes with a free "private militia" ^^
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Makiwara
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Makiwara »

I never said anything about free! I'm sure there would be plenty of displaced princes and dreadlords that would pay handsomely for a summer retreat in the beautiful and pristine Wildwood. I intend to greet our cousins with open arms and great savings!

Now that any overpopulation issues are taken care of, let's talk marriages of alliance!
Furyou Miko
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Furyou Miko »

bjoernuhlig wrote:Heya. Hi there. Loved to fight you guys, now welcome to the woods.

All hail the new King Malekith.

In my last game vs Druchii the twins actually shot him off his dragon which was then finished by Orion himself :sexy:
Guess that is history now. Well, the queen follows the new big guy with the large stick, and we follow the queen. Just a few things before we sit down together (same goes for high elves btw):

Mhmm, these bows? they're just for show, honest. The Torch Cacti in particular are excellent for making condiments. (fu fu fu)
T.D.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by T.D. »

Makiwara wrote:P.s. significant land grants on offer for those Druchii bringing bolt throwers. :sexy:
Good to see you are all appreciating the Druchii innovation of money over barter.

We can indeed all do business for mutual profit :D None of that Asur stuffiness about 'traditions' :lol:

...and I'd love to hire some trueflight Glade Guard for gold coin ;)
Makiwara
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Makiwara »

T.D. wrote:
Good to see you are all appreciating the Druchii innovation of money over barter.

We can indeed all do business for mutual profit :D None of that Asur stuffiness about 'traditions' :lol:

...and I'd love to hire some trueflight Glade Guard for gold coin ;)
Ah trueflight Glade Guard, a most discerning client: 'through the trees, through my unit, through my chaff, through your chaff, through your units, into your backfield, in hard cover; 3+ to hit'. :ninja:

I'm sure archers from Belac Agaith would be most accommodating in hiring their talents for recompense in druchii gold, trade and wenches. We are of course courting offers from other potential clients, it seems Asrai archery is at a bit of a premium these days! :wink:

Asrai enjoy bartering for money, a slight distinction over your common outsider assumption.
T.D.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by T.D. »

It's good to know we can do business together ;)
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

I wouldn't mind getting my grubby hands on some Witch Elves :paranoid: I mean for gaming purpose's of course...
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Allendor
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Woodelves, Chaos Warriors & Beastmen, Bretonnians, Dark elf, Empire & Orcs & Goblins

Post by Allendor »

I could see Dark riders replacing Glade riders
Glade guard instead of Dark shardes (X bow men)
A Hydra and a Treeman
Waywatchers instead of Shades
Warhawk riders instead of Harpies
A Forest Dragon lord and a Black dragon lord
Sisters of the thorn and Witch elves.
Man I could go on

By the way welcome.
I am on Druchii as well
No amount of planning can ever replace dumb luck.
T.D.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by T.D. »

frogboy wrote:I wouldn't mind getting my grubby hands on some Witch Elves :paranoid: I mean for gaming purpose's of course...
Love the emoticon :) ...and the sentiments :sexy:
Allendor wrote:I could see Dark riders replacing Glade riders
A Hydra and a Treeman
Man I could go on
Possibilities are indeed endless! One broken combo we have cooked up involves a Shadestar with Waystalker, Death Hag, Assassin and Sorceress with the Ring of Hotek :evil:

I am sure there are many more to be found :D
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Post by Baardah »

I'm looking forward to the jokes... You know; a Loremaster, a deathhag and a dryad went into a bar......
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
nXken
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by nXken »

Baardah wrote:I'm looking forward to the jokes... You know; a Loremaster, a deathhag and a dryad went into a bar......
Morning woodie, helping hand?
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

Makiwara
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Makiwara »

T.D. wrote:
frogboy wrote:I wouldn't mind getting my grubby hands on some Witch Elves :paranoid: I mean for gaming purpose's of course...
Love the emoticon :) ...and the sentiments :sexy:
Allendor wrote:I could see Dark riders replacing Glade riders
A Hydra and a Treeman
Man I could go on
Possibilities are indeed endless! One broken combo we have cooked up involves a Shadestar with Waystalker, Death Hag, Assassin and Sorceress with the Ring of Hotek :evil:

I am sure there are many more to be found :D
Big block of Executioners with an Annointed, lvl 2 high Mage with Khaines ring, Death Hag for frenzy and Shadowdancer to negate rank bonus. Choppy fun in the name of the Eternal King!
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

nXken wrote:
Baardah wrote:I'm looking forward to the jokes... You know; a Loremaster, a deathhag and a dryad went into a bar......
Morning woodie, helping hand?
:lol:

Very very naughty ! No Christmas Puding for you two ! :wink:

So what if any flying stuff can join other flying stuff now ? Peg Heros with Warhalks riding skycutter chariots, how dose that work ?
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
T.D.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by T.D. »

Makiwara wrote: Big block of Executioners with an Annointed, lvl 2 high Mage with Khaines ring, Death Hag for frenzy and Shadowdancer to negate rank bonus. Choppy fun in the name of the Eternal King!
Ouch! :wasted:
nXken
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by nXken »

frogboy wrote:So what if any flying stuff can join other flying stuff now ? Peg Heros with Warhalks riding skycutter chariots, how dose that work ?
Ever seen the movie Top Gun? With Tom Cruise?

Something like that, but including Star Wars POD-racing and the Matrix.

The latter being your opponent: "Why didn't i take the red pill >.>"

And about that Christmas pudding....
You can have my serving of spotted dick :)
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )