Have anyone bought the new WR-noble model?

Moderator: Council of Elders

Upyr
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: None. But hopefully soon: Tomb Kings / Necron.

Have anyone bought the new WR-noble model?

Post by Upyr »

And does he carry a bow?

I also have another, unrelated question; Does anyone know if the Dwarves still have their basic 4 DD with the new rules?
"There is no shame in defeat as long as the spirit remains unconquered"
/Praetor Fenix

Dogs of War forum, come join us!
http://s10.invisionfree.com/Inquisition_De_Cobre
Damnation
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Have anyone bought the new WR-noble model?

Post by Damnation »

Upyr wrote:And does he carry a bow?

I also have another, unrelated question; Does anyone know if the Dwarves still have their basic 4 DD with the new rules?
New? Are you talking about the Chaos-looking guy with the horned barbute helmet on steed?

In any case, Dwarfs still get their 4 DD. It's nowhere in the new armybook, but it's in the BRB.
Phalamir
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Phalamir »

He comes with a spear, a shield, and 2 sword arms (1 left, 1 right).

You could glue one of the half-a-trillion extra GG/GR bows on him though if you wanted to model a bow.
"Let's see - got the beer, nachos, and BBQ. Hey, Ariel, me and the boys are going to the game - don't wait up!"

Orion's Wild-Hunt/Tailgate
Upyr
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Upyr »

You could glue one of the half-a-trillion extra GG/GR bows on him though if you wanted to model a bow.
True, but that wasnt the problem. I see this as proof that the WR-noble loses his bow, or at least should do it if the WE Armybook would have been deemed worthy of a proof-reading..
/Praetor Fenix

Upyr
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Upyr »

In any case, Dwarfs still get their 4 DD. It's nowhere in the new armybook, but it's in the BRB.
Oh, I just heard a rumour that they had lost em. Ah well.

Excuse the double-posting, I didnt notice it myself ^_^
Last edited by Upyr on 27 Jan 2006, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
/Praetor Fenix

Arioch
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Arioch »

Upyr wrote:True, but that wasnt the problem. I see this as proof that the WR-noble loses his bow, or at least should do it if the WE Armybook would have been deemed worthy of a proof-reading..

The trouble is, this miniature is a "Mounted Highborn", not necessarily a Wild Rider noble. Granted that a mounted Highborn that is not a Wild Rider makes no sense, but the model comes with a shield and two swords, neither of which are legal equipment on a Wild Rider.

It's also worth noting that all the Spellsingers and Spellweavers are supposed to come standard with bows, but none of the models have them. So I don't think you can really draw any rules conclusions from the minis. That said, I agree that the intent of the rules was probably that the WR noble does not have a bow.
"Cursed be the man who holds back his sword from shedding blood." - Pope Gregory VII
Well of Souls
Upyr
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Upyr »

You make some good points, however the model I am referring to is a WR. Because he is riding a Great Stag. Its the Bull-Rider im talking about.
/Praetor Fenix

Phalamir
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Phalamir »

Are you talking about this?:

http://fr.games-workshop.com/warhammer/ ... /index.asp

Because that's a conversion, not a buyable model. The only currently buyable (including pre-order) model for a WR is the Mounted Noble.
"Let's see - got the beer, nachos, and BBQ. Hey, Ariel, me and the boys are going to the game - don't wait up!"

Upyr
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Upyr »

Nope, but thanks for the info Phalamir :)

I meant the guy we have all seen and dreamt bloody dreams about (his steed was the one doing the bleeding). I know his picture was in some WD, so I figured that perhaps he had been released. So much for figuring!
/Praetor Fenix

Dori
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Location: In the dark and mildly active crypt that some people call the Battle Report Section

Post by Dori »

Are you talking about this?:

http://fr.games-workshop.com/warhammer/ ... ins/modeli sme/CerfBlanc/index.asp

Because that's a conversion, not a buyable model. The only currently buyable (including pre-order) model for a WR is the Mounted Noble.
Not to be off topic or anything, but that models looks cool. The Steed could use some more work but other than that it looks good.

Dori
Ex Council Member
Check out my tactica's in my topic Dori's Tactica's
philleehellphia
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by philleehellphia »

Upyr wrote:I know his picture was in some WD, so I figured that perhaps he had been released. So much for figuring!
Riding a stag? So This?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/ ... irsch3.jpg

Hopefully the picture will answer your question..
Upyr
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Upyr »

I have seen the picture before, and I was only interested if someone actually had the box, and if so if he had a bow.

But you are right, it doesnt look like he has a bow anywhere handy.
/Praetor Fenix

philleehellphia
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by philleehellphia »

Yeah, that's true. But then again, the Rider and the Stag is probably all Metal and there's no way they're gonna give you more than a couple weapon bits. Who Knows? Well, guess you'll have to wait till it comes out..
Deathjester
Painting Guru

Post by Deathjester »

a) no-one knows the release date for this model, other than the fact that it's out after march.

b) no it doesn't have a bow, the army book states the equipment that a wild rider highborn (or noble) has in the details of the kindred it states that they are equiped with light armour & a spear. Nuff said i think.

If they were equiped with a bow it would state that they were.
Here's the jig, you don't have to agree with what i say, you can tell me that you don't... Just don't expect me to care.

Phalamir
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Phalamir »

Deathjester wrote:b) no it doesn't have a bow, the army book states the equipment that a wild rider highborn (or noble) has in the details of the kindred it states that they are equiped with light armour & a spear. Nuff said i think.

If they were equiped with a bow it would state that they were.
It isn't quite so clear-cut. In the WD Kindred description it specifically says they lose the longbow. However, the WR Kindred only says he has a spear and LA and can't choose any other weapons or armor. Since a spear and LA are choices from the unit entries, it can be argued that this is simply informing you what options the Kindred chooses for you and forbids taking any others. It, however, doesn't say you lose whatever the character had as part of his profile, ie the longbow (which isn't chosen, but comes gratis with the character). I suspect they probably meant for you to lose the longbow, but the lack of an outright declaration of such - combined with the express loss for WD - makes the issue rather murky.*

* I really wish they could pillory the writers and editors of the WEAB, because those guys should be publically flogged for putting out a rule book that is so ambiguous and/or poorly written.