Geoff's army so far

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

GeoffDiGeoff
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dark Elves

Geoff's army so far

Post by GeoffDiGeoff »

I've been working on my army for a little while now, and thought I'd get some opinions on what I've done so far.

I've still got 70+ Glade Guard, 40 odd Eternal Guard, more dryads, loads of waywatchers and 20-30 glade riders to paint, as well as Orion. And boxes of unmade stuff (Wild Riders, another treeman and even more glade guard!)

In the pictures, the treeman, wardancers, glade rider and Dragon Lord were bought painted. The rest is mine :) I also scratch built the hill and Tower (but not the trees on the hill). My next step is to work on some Glade Guard! Need some more core to play with :)

More pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/124213468@N07/
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Re: Geoff's army so far

Post by hutobega »

who is the sexy sorceress! lol and looks pretty nice man. I really REALLY want to start painting again but I have so much going on and motivation escapes me!
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
GeoffDiGeoff
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by GeoffDiGeoff »

The sorceress is Lunah from Kabuki models: http://www.kabukimodels.com/en/21st-cen ... lunah.html I got the model on eBay :)

Believe it or not, I actually spend ages on some of these models, and even then my painting is at best "table-top" standard... I wish I had he eye and dexterity to paint like some of you guys on here, but this is what I've got.
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Post by hutobega »

hey it takes time and practice. I don't think I'm that good I just take FOREVER! and then I get upset and restart by stripping paint off haha. With my wood elves I love my trees, and eagles (super easy to paint) but my elves /shudder I get mad every time. I'm working on my way watchers finally. 10 of them.
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
GeoffDiGeoff
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by GeoffDiGeoff »

Been busy recently painting up a load of models, and need to take some pics to upload, but for the time being, here's a WIP pic of my free Stormcast dude. I used a Glade Guard head on him for giggles. Doesn't really fit with the "sealed in armour" fluff but meh, I wanted to!
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

Have you considered magnetizing the hands so you can do weapon swaps between hammers and swords or paired weapons instead of the shield? Or would that be too much effort for this model?
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

GeoffDiGeoff
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by GeoffDiGeoff »

I reckon that could be possible based on the thickness of the arms, but I haven't got any swords yet, just the starter set which comes with no options for weapons. Not sure how much I'll expand my Stormcast army, the bowman look cool though :)
GeoffDiGeoff
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by GeoffDiGeoff »

A few updates... Wasn't until I took pictures of these guys and had a look that I realised how much I'd rushed them and how cr*ppy they look. Oh well, here they are!
Stormcast eternal with Glade Guard head
Image Image
Orion (got this model in a bundle, sadly the weapon was snapped!)
Image Image
Waywatcher Lord
Glade Guard