Hi there

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

Cosmos
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Hi there

Post by Cosmos »

Hey all, long time woodie player here. Ive recently discovered the wonderful help that these boards can provide, and have decided to finally start talking back hah
1. What is your name? -Mike
2. Why did you choose this nickname; what does it mean?- Cosmos- My first hobby is comic book collecting, and in particular I fancy the cosmic characters...Green Lantern, Captain Marvel, Quasar, Guardians of the Galaxy etc... kind of just a play on the cosmic stuff
3. How old are you? -27
4. Where in the world do you live? - Toronto, Canada
5. What is your current occupation? - Landscaper
6. Would you consider yourself to be naive, artistic and impulsive, or more considerate, analytical and theorizing? - all of the above
7. What drew you to Wood Elves? - The nature part of it appeals to me, as well as the more mysterious, sinister nature
8. Do you play any other Warhammer fantasy armies? -Started with Empire in 7th, dabbled with Beastmen, inherited some Skaven
9. Do you have many friends whom you can play? - Fortunately I have a large group, 8-10 players
10. Have you bought any Wood Elf models yet?- Tons hah
11. What type of army would you like? Speed? Shooting? Magic? Monsters? - I like a mix of it all
12. Which of the Wood Elf models is your personal favourite? - I love the new Wild Riders
14. What is your favourite unit in the Wood Elven army? Right now, the Wild Riders
15. What is your favourite unit in the entire range of Warhammer? -hmmm thats a toughie, however for some reason a Vampire comes to mind. I dont know why, but I like them above all heroes in the game. I enjoy converting minis and I feel like a Vampire can yield some fantastic options (Dwarf Count anyone?)
16. There are many different seasons to paint Wood Elves in (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter). Have you decided on any, and if so, which? -Im not really going with any in particular, just my own night sky theme
17. On to the community questions. How did you hear about us? - Suggested to by a friend
18. Have you seen our LEAF article database thingy? (link on the top right) - Yessir
19. Have you had the time eyeball our Forum Rules & Guidelines yet? - Uh huh
20. What do you think of the site so far?- Awesome
21. Do you have any dark secrets to share? - Not really hah
22. Did you notice there was no question #13? :) - Actually, not until you mentioned it
23: Is there something else we should know about you before we start to dissect your personal life? ;) - I guess as a little more info, like I mentioned already Im really into comic books (my first love). Im also an avid sports fan (hockey and soccer) The St. Louis Blues and Arsenal FC are the teams I follow...plus those dang Leafs but that is because they are the hometown team

A big part of the reason why I joined this forum is because I love some of the work I have seen through the painting logs. While I do love to play the game, modelling and painting is my preferred part of the this hobby. Of the 8 players in my club, I seem to be the only one that cares about painting, so the advice I get is pretty weak. Hopefully I will get a little more help around here! hah
Lastly, although English is my first language...Im pretty inconsistent with my grammar so I hope I dont upset anyone hah

Let the wargaming begin!
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Re: Hi there

Post by Naggie »

The astronomer within me jumps up and down when seeing your nickname, but it saddens me (only so slightly) that it stems from comic books and not the cosmos around us. I'm pretty sure you'll find plenty of people who want to congratulate you on your painting skills over at the Meadow of Arts. I reckon most people are still in the process of buying the new models and painting them up, so there's a lot of buzz going 'round in there. It might be the science guy talking, but someone who works as a Landscaper (is that the same as landscape artist) should be fairly good with what looks good and what doesn't. Am I right?

~ Naggie
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Welcome Cosmos, I hope your taste in art isn't as bad as your taste for football teams lol :D
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Post by hutobega »

Hey Welcome to the forums! Can't wait to see your stuff painted up!
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...