Sisters of Twilight on Eagle rules

All questions about difficult rules in here; for both Asrai as well as other armies.

Moderator: Council of Elders

frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Re: Sisters of Twilight on Eagle rules

Post by frogboy »

Ok slightly different issue, but I'll ask here anyway....

Anyone remember how Savage Beast of Horrors works on the Sisters ? Do they get +6 attacks or can you only effect one Sister ?
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Hflord
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Hflord »

Difficult to say. If they are on an eagle, then the general consensus is that they are now ONE MODEL, meaning they would not gain the +6 attacks. This however, is silly and my assessment of it is that they would in fact gain the +3 to each profile as they are a SPLIT PROFILE (which isn't covered in the BRB). The split profile, and their conjoined destiny makes it seem clear that they would, at least with shooting and melee, gain their regular, full compliment of attacks. In addition, each sister doing a +1 to wound either chaos or order makes splitting +3 attacks very difficult.

All of this is silly until the FAQ comes out. :(
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Oh ok I thought it would be the other way around, I mean if they are treated as one model then they would get +6 attacks, otherwise they are separate models with 3 each and +3 for Savage Beast.

Why would you need to split the attacks, as normally you get 6 (3 for each Sister) total with +1 to wound with 3 of them. If you get plus 3 with Savage Beast then just choose the Sister which give you the plus 1 to wound. Simples !? :confused:

Anyone else know the answer ? Think I might ask this question on The Warhammer Forum to see what I get there.
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Hflord
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Hflord »

I misspoke. You would choose which character gets 3 attacks. Or both would with the enhanced version cast on then
Jossebuschman
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood elves, Bretonnians, Romans, Greeks, Vikings, CoA.

Post by Jossebuschman »

I would interpret this in the same way I interpret it for a noble on an eagle. The spell affects the whole model, therefore every part of it gets +3A. Since they have separate profiles when it comes to ws/bs/I/A (I'm not going to touch the T/W discussion :P), they would all get +3A/S. The model would therefore have 12 S8 attacks and 6 strength 7 attacks on the charge. Not too shabby!
Now there's a frood who knows where his towel is!
Nicholas Nitro
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: wood elves

Post by Nicholas Nitro »

:!: If a spell that's meant to affect one model can affect both sisters, isn't that potentially more powerful then treating them like 2 models?

I honestly can't see an opponent cooperating with either interpretation. Too bad, I really like the way I put them together. :thumbsdown:
"Herald of Athel Loren" Limited Edition Book #0165
AoS is the greatest!
Phazael
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Daemons, Wood Elves, Ogres, Night Goblins, Brettonians

Post by Phazael »

For Savage Beast, you would have to cast the boosted version to affect both sisters, in my interpretation. The standard version would allow you to select one sister to affect, as they are in essence two separate characters (though one MCav Model). I feel it would work this way on the Dragon as well.
Ember of the Hidden Paths
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Ember of the Hidden Paths »

Phazael wrote:For Savage Beast, you would have to cast the boosted version to affect both sisters, in my interpretation. The standard version would allow you to select one sister to affect, as they are in essence two separate characters (though one MCav Model). I feel it would work this way on the Dragon as well.
Seconded
One does not simply take a Wild Rider charge...
13tuck13
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by 13tuck13 »

its funny i came here trying to find a answer to this toon, but it seems no one has a 100% answer and after reading over the last 4 pages i think ill stick with my two t4 3 wound's each option.
Cannon's and othere artillery still can take them out with two lots of 3+ to wound and they still can use there conjoined destiny if they get luckey and get a 2 on the d6 wounds or they roll a 1 to wound