A new sprout in the glade. :P

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

Valhaal
Newcomer
Newcomer

A new sprout in the glade. :P

Post by Valhaal »

Hey, all.

I don't normally do these introduction thread things, but why not? I've been playing Fantasy for probably about 4ish months, if even, but I haven't lost many games. I started with Warriors of Chaos, Nurgle specifically, and decided to move over to Wood Elves (before reading anything about them, really) after I started playing Cryx in Warmachine and didn't want 2 armies with similar paint schemes. I am a wargamer whore, I suppose, and love most of the major games about equally. GW's saturation of 40k has led me to prefer Fantasy, however - and I only wish my local area had more Fantasy players! With the new release of Wood Elves and their art direction taking a page out of Guillermo Del Toro's book, I couldn't resist becoming a wood elf player.

I'm really stoked to play Wood Elves! I've already started a small army, and after a week of list planning can field a pretty modest 2,500 point list once I build everything that just came in the mail. I'm also waiting on 30 Waystalkers that finally got back in stock on GW's site, so very anxious for them (Yeah, I know they are expensive, but I think they are some of the better models out there and aren't on my list of things I'd want conversions for). I'll be pretty active in the painting area of the forum once I start getting that aspect done, but don't hold your breath because I'm still waiting to see what Season color scheme I want to go with. Anyways, hope to see you around the forums!