2400 ETC vs Dark Elves

Here is the place for all your reports of battles against those who seek to defile our sacred glades.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Extol
Newcomer
Newcomer

2400 ETC vs Dark Elves

Post by Extol »

Here is the link to the battle report of my crushing defeat against my m8s Dark Elves.
It was a game a learned a lot from, so even though I lost 20 - 0 it was fun :)

My thoughts:
- WWR are not worth it unless you usualy fight armies with a lot of fear.
- GR are crap i think. Get GG and an eagle to redirect instead.
- Waywatchers are good, but don't be to aggressive with them. They die fast :P
- GG are good. Had only 11 trueflight in this list but will get more.
- I have faith in the Wild Riders being our hard hitters, but we must use them wisely.
- Sisters AND 2 wizards is overkill. I had to many spells.
- I didnt like shadow, so will try something else.

Last thing. If you like to see a battle reporter that are good at tactics, take a look at Dark Reaper's blog (my m8s blog in the link) from time to time.

http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t= ... 4&start=75
Electric Puha
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: 2400 ETC vs Dark Elves

Post by Electric Puha »

Pitty you didn't have any waystalkers since his general and lvl 4 had no ward. :sexy:
Extol
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Extol »

Yes, so my next list will have a waystalker with Bow of Loren and a lvl 4 Beastweaver with the savage beast spell :)

But even with a waystalker i would have to play a lot better then i did this game :P
Hectors Wrath
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Hectors Wrath »

Have to say that is quite a nasty Dark Elf list, designed to destroy MMU lists, perfect against wood elves, although it would struggle against armies like Dwarfs and Empire.

Not much you could of done but hang back, deny points and focus fire on 1 unit at a time.
Dark Reaper
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Dark Reaper »

Electric Puha wrote:Pitty you didn't have any waystalkers since his general and lvl 4 had no ward. :sexy:
Waystalkers may be nasty. I am not sure how good they are in all-comers list, as they struggle against t4 or more, but I will have to be aware of them when I am playing Wood Elves, no doubt. Still, I don't think the WE have any good solutions for getting rid of the Pegasus Riders.
Hectors Wrath wrote:Have to say that is quite a nasty Dark Elf list, designed to destroy MMU lists, perfect against wood elves, although it would struggle against armies like Dwarfs and Empire.

Not much you could of done but hang back, deny points and focus fire on 1 unit at a time.
I am not so sure that it will really stuggle against Empire. I don't think they have the necessary firepower to kill everything before their War Machines are gone. Then again, I could be wrong. It is undoubtely strong against WE though. I made a few mistakes, like putting my Darkshards in a position where a roll of '8' would have been enough for the WWR to get into them. The problem for Extol this game was mainly that he did not really have the tools or the board control to capitalise on mistakes like this.
Bogi
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Warriors of Chaos, Eldar, Orcs and Goblins.

Post by Bogi »

Very cool and informative. I wonder how to face this list with WE. Hide everything precious until the poison shots take care of the bolters.

Careful Dark Reaper your list was illegal under ETC restrictions.
Dark Reaper
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Dark Reaper »

Bogi wrote: Careful Dark Reaper your list was illegal under ETC restrictions.
Really? How?
ETC Restrictions wrote:• Reaper Bolt Thrower/Each 5 (or fraction) shade models/Dark Rider with Repeater Crossbow units/Darkshard units, max 7
• Dark Rider units, Characters on Dark Steed, max 3 each
• Dark Rider models after 15/Doomfire Warlock models/Character on Cold One or Pegasus/Character on Dark Steed (counts as 2), max 15
• 6 or more Doomfire Warlock models/mounted Supreme Sorceress with Lore of Death or Dark Magic/Sacrificial Dagger, max 1
I have 4 Reapers+2x5 Shades+Darkshards=7
I have two characters on Dark Steed, and two units of DR, so this is ok.
I have 15 DR, 9 Warlocks, 2(x2) Dark Steeds and two Pegs, making it 15
I have only 9 Doomfire Warlocks as a pool choice, as the SS is not mounted.
Bogi
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Warriors of Chaos, Eldar, Orcs and Goblins.

Post by Bogi »

Sorry... did not see it was not mounted?
Dark Reaper
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Dark Reaper »

Bogi wrote:Sorry... did not see it was not mounted?
No big deal. I am playtesting the list for a tournament, so I was afraid I had screwed up. :)
arolig
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by arolig »

Heaving 4 duplicate special unit choices is breaking the rules. Se BRB page 135
Dark Reaper
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Dark Reaper »

arolig wrote:Heaving 4 duplicate special unit choices is breaking the rules. Se BRB page 135
You are allowed to have 4 Reapers, as per the Dark Elf Army Book.