Double Posting and Multiple Topics

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Double Posting and Multiple Topics

Post by Beithir Seun »

Ladies and Gents,

I know there's a lot of activity on the site right now, possibly a lot more than some of us are used to, but we're seeing a lot of double and even triple posting, and rather a lot of duplicate threads; some where people have accidentally posted the same topic two or three times, and others where several people have all started the same thread or asked the same question in different (and sometimes the same!) forum.

With this in mind, I'd like to ask firstly that people take more care with their posting, and make sure that they are not double or triple posting; it's easily done, and doesn't take much time to address yourselves by deleting the duplicate posts as they happen. If you can't delete the posts (for example, if someone else has posted immediately after you) then it only takes a minute to either Report the post or to PM a Moderator and ask them to delete it.

Secondly, I'd like to ask people to pay more attention to other threads on the forums, and to actively search for existing topics that may address the subject you wish to talk about before you start a new thread. I appreciate that there are a lot of topics to go through, but we deliberately and consciously archived all the forums in order to make things easier to find - at most, you'll have two or three pages to search.

Thirdly, *please* can people make sure that they are posting new topics in the correct forum. Rules queries belong in the Pool of Enlightenment, army lists belong in the Call of the Hunt etc. I accept that new members may not quite be familiar with the layout of the site, but "old" members have no such excuse. If you are unsure of where to post a new thread, please PM a Moderator to ask rather than simply take a guess. If anyone finds a thread that they believe is in the wrong forum, again please PM a Moderator or Report the topic so that it can be moved. Asking in the thread itself for it to be moved is helpful, but isn't always the best way to catch our attention (although we do *try* to read every post, it isn't always easy to notice things like this).

Thank you for your cooperation!

The Council of Elders
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Re: Double Posting and Multiple Topics

Post by frogboy »

Thanks for the reports guys keep up the good work :D :thumbsup:
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

I'd like to add that I've seen several double posts where the poster has seen and edited there mistake asking for a MOD to delete it. If you have noticed you've double posted then report it, or if you still can delete it, it's the button next to the edit button.

Thanks again to everyone reporting, let's keep this sight neat and tidy for all :D
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Mist Walker
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Slaanesh WoC

Post by Mist Walker »

I've noticed a couple of instances where the same person has double posted the same post. I'm assuming this is because of the information screen taking a while to load and tell you that your post has gone up. If this is the case, don't press refresh or you'll post twice. Open up a new tab to check what's going on and if your post has appeared or not before you try reposting.
Blood runs, Anger rises, Death wakes, War calls
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

It seems like quite a few people either haven't seen this thread, or are ignoring it.

I'd like to reiterate again the points made above:

1. Pay more attention when posting, and make sure you do not double or triple post.

2. Pay more attention to other threads on the forums, and check for existing threads that address your topic before posting

3. Make sure you post in the correct forum!

These are not difficult things to do, and the majority of people do not seem to have a problem with following these instructions, but there are several people who don't seem to have taken this information on board. This will be the final time I'll bring this to people's attention before PMs are sent and warnings given.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog