Greetings

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

MythicKhan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Greetings

Post by MythicKhan »

Hi all, just thought I'd register and say how-de-doo! Names MythicKhan, and I'm excited to be starting my second Warhammer army with the new WE book.

All the best!

What is your name? MythicKhan

Why did you choose this nickname; what does it mean? Er.... its a combination of the Mythic Dawn from TESIV:Oblivion (I was a tad obsessed) and Khan as in chieftain. It stuck :) Also, it allows people to yell KHAAAAAAAAAN! online if they feel the need.

Where in the world do you live? Currently? Durham, England. Later? Southend-On-Sea, England

What is your current occupation? Currently? PPI Complaints Handler. Later? Trainee Teacher

What drew you to Wood Elves? A proper fantasy army, none of these steam-tanks and gyropopters :P

Do you play any other Warhammer fantasy armies? The Empire. My first full fantasy army (had some Brets before that, but sold them). Long time since I've played though.

Do you have many friends whom you can play? No. The local club is more in to MtG, and I haven't played in a while. So I'll probably take my army to the local GW once it's ready

Have you bought any Wood Elf models yet? Two boxes of Glade Guard and a Spellweaver. (I also sourced an old battalion box, but the online retailer happens to be....er.... let's say I have a PayPal dispute open lol)

Which of the Wood Elf models is your personal favourite? The new Eternal Guard. Not to everyone's taste I know, but I really like them

What is your favourite unit in the Wood Elven army? Hmm.... I'll cop out and say all of them :P (or, more specifically, a tie between Glade Riders and Eternal Guard)

What is your favourite unit in the entire range of Warhammer? Good question! I have to say those Eternal Guard have really hit me between the eyes tho' (although the new Ironbreakers and Longbeards for our Dwarfish friends were pretty cool too)

There are many different seasons to paint Wood Elves in (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter). Have you decided on any, and if so, which? Autumnal-ish. Still working at it ;)

On to the community questions. How did you hear about us? Google, for Wood Elves community sites

Have you seen our LEAF article database thingy? Indeed

Have you had the time eyeball our Forum Rules & Guidelines yet? Yes.

What do you think of the site so far? Really nice, seems very friendly. I shall certainly try posting some of my fiction writing in the Glade of Tales if people are interested :)

Is there something else we should know about you before we start to dissect your personal life? Don't think so.... ask away (but keep the scalpels away from me!)
brechttomme
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Tomb Kings, Wood Elves, Kislev

Re: Greetings

Post by brechttomme »

KHAAAAAAAAAN! :p

Welcome among the Asrai!
Malkrit
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Greetings