Hi, fellow treehuggers!

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

aFaun
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, fellow treehuggers!

Post by aFaun »

Hi everyone!

My introduction: (and sorry, my English is not perfect)

1. What is your name?
Roland Radics (really its Radics Roland, because in Hungary surname comes first, and first name goes last)
2. Why did you choose this nickname; what does it mean?
I just like dancing in the rain half naked, and its Faun-like. A friend called me Faun first, when he saw it. Of course I could be called "Crazy Dude" just as easily. :)
3. How old are you?
4. Where in the world do you live?
Budapest, Hungary
5. What is your current occupation?
I work as a professional information trainer at UPC, a cable provider.
6. Would you consider yourself to be naive, artistic and impulsive, or more considerate, analytical and theorizing?
More of the first, bit of the last.
7. What drew you to Wood Elves?
I read that they are the weakest army, and you have to use every trick and be a good tactician, if you want to win with them. I liked it, the guerilla-theme, the beautiful models, and the fluff. Now, I wanted to register here before the new army book is out - been lurking around for almost a year. I was afraid that we will be competitive, and wanted to show You, that I'm not here because of that. I joined you, and have been with you in the darkest of times. :)
8. Do you play any other Warhammer fantasy armies?
No, I only started the hobby a year ago. But skavens are cool...
9. Do you have many friends whom you can play?
Not really. I played only 5 times in the last year, since I started. Maybe I enjoy the modeling part even more, but the game itself is also really cool.
10. Have you bought any Wood Elf models yet?
Of course! :) I have 40 glade guard, 8 glade rider, 24 dryad, 3 treekin, 2 great eagle, a highborn with great weapon, and a spellweawer. One dryad is made as a branchwraith, one GG as a BSB, some GGs as scouts/waywatchers.
11. What type of army would you like? Speed? Shooting? Magic? Monsters?
Speed. Shooting. Some magic. And some monsters, just to be safe. :) But stealth and cunning comes first.
12. Which of the Wood Elf models is your personal favorite?
Glade riders are beautiful. And the highborn with great weapon is BADASS! :D
14. What is your favorite unit in the Wood Elven army?
Dryads, treekin and glade guard all seem to be very good, but I haven't played enough to decide.
15. What is your favourite unit in the entire range of Warhammer?
Dunno.
16. There are many different seasons to paint Wood Elves in (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter). Have you decided on any, and if so, which?
I don't go by a seasonal theme. Or maybe I am, I use a lot of flowers and flock, so maybe spring. And maybe because its full of energy and life.
17. On to the community questions. How did you hear about us?
By Google.
18. Have you seen our LEAF article database thingy? (link on the top right)
Yes, and its useful, but more articles would be better. :)
19. Have you had the time eyeball our Forum Rules & Guidelines yet?
Yeah.
20. What do you think of the site so far?
One of the best forums I ever saw, because of the civilized conversations, the politeness, and stuff. Really.
21. Do you have any dark secrets to share?
Yes, I have. But I don't share them.
22. Did you notice there was no question #13? :)
I read many introductions in the last months on this site, and always laughed about this question. And I thought that I will write here that: "Yes, I noticed, because I read many introductions before." But now I just... Didn't. :D
23: Is there something else we should know about you before we start to dissect your personal life? ;)
I also like to dance in the mud.
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Re: Hi, fellow treehuggers!

Post by Billthesurly »

Ah, so desu! A polite, cunning and civilized, Hungarian, semi-naked rain & mud-dancing, stealthy Faun guy....

...who doesn't share his dark secrets..... :confused:

Welcome to the woods afaun. I see you brought your sense of humor along with you. Welcome to the woods indeed.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
brechttomme
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Tomb Kings, Wood Elves, Kislev

Post by brechttomme »

Billthesurly wrote:Ah, so desu! A polite, cunning and civilized, Hungarian, semi-naked rain & mud-dancing, stealthy Faun guy....

Just the friendly neighbourhood goat-man it seems. But then, we kind of have a history of not getting along so well with goat-people... :ninja:
aFaun
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by aFaun »

Billthesurly wrote: Welcome to the woods afaun. I see you brought your sense of humor along with you. Welcome to the woods indeed.
Thank you! :)
brechttomme wrote:
Billthesurly wrote:Ah, so desu! A polite, cunning and civilized, Hungarian, semi-naked rain & mud-dancing, stealthy Faun guy....

Just the friendly neighbourhood goat-man it seems. But then, we kind of have a history of not getting along so well with goat-people... :ninja:
Hey, I have nothing to do with those guys! I swear! I even have a forest spirit ward save! :D And by the way, the boss (you know, Orion, CEO of the woods) also has goat legs, so...
:D
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

aFaun wrote:20. What do you think of the site so far?
One of the best forums I ever saw, because of the civilized conversations, the politeness, and stuff. Really.
Hearing stuff like this always pleases me. I'm happy you like the site.

And about the LEAF, when the new book comes out, there will be many people writing about new ideas all over the forum. Hopefully, some of those threads can be turned into articles. We don't have a group of people who write articles; instead we rely on the members to put ideas on the forums, and if asked nicely, they might summarise the thread into an article. I hope to see some of your painting threads turning into LEAF articles some day :)

Oh, and BTW, your English is far better than many of our British and American members. Don't worry about that ;)

~ Naggie