Animosity 6.6- Serpents of Dwarapur

For threads that relate to Non-Asrai Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, Warmaster or any other wargame.

Moderator: Council of Elders

NewGuy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Animosity 6.6- Serpents of Dwarapur

Post by NewGuy »

Everything changes, given time. Words and promises grow stale and crack, bonds that once seemed unbreakable fragment and the memory of men fades with the passage of years. Entrenched power is challenged by new growth, as nascent powers test their boundaries. Kings, Tyrants and Emperors rise and fall in a never-ending dance of words and swords. And beneath it all lies the constant, desperate struggle of the masses, lives furiously lived in the pale hopes of seeing a better tomorrow.

In the heart of Ind, in the ancient city of Dwarapur, a new day has finally dawned. Two tumultuous years have passed since the death of the old Rajah, and his son stands ready to drive the city to new heights of glory. A call has gone out to the great powers of Ind and the world, an entreaty for a new patron- and they have responded. From every corner of the globe come emissaries and missions, laden with wealth, religion and ambition.

From the lands of Sigmar and Cathay come servants of the two Emperors, men and women driven by the twin masters of faith and finance, seeking to gain dominance on the Indi subcontinent. Each is opposed by an all-too-near foe: the Imperials by the knights of Bretonnia, seeking to strengthen their own tenuous foothold, the Cathayans by Ogres venturing to tighten the economic stranglehold around the dragon's throat. But interest does not come only from without. From the dark places of Ind itself stir ancient and dangerous adversaries, powers more and less than human...

Step back far enough, and it all becomes meaningless, as empires and races blaze, flicker and die like candles. But here and now, as Dwarapur looks with hope and trepidation towards an uncertain future, nothing could be more important.

------

Animosity Campaigns is proud to present Animosity 6.6: Serpents of Dwarapur.

A6.6 offers a new and exciting campaign format, unlike anything that’s been done so far. Players will take on the role of an emissary to one of the great cities of Ind, scheming and struggling to represent your masters’ interests in a foreign land. Fight to sway the people of the city to your side- or use craft and guile to gain the allegiance of their betters. Work your way up through the social ranks to contact the great and the good, but do not forget the lower classes- because victory will depend as much on their friendship as that of the mighty. Husband your resources carefully, using gifts and intrigue to maximize your effectiveness in the time before the Rajah must make his decision as to the fate of his city…

Come to http://www.animositycampaigns.com for more information. Register in our forums and follow our twitter account @Animosity7 to stay in touch with what’s happening!

Animosity 6.6 will begin next week.
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Re: Animosity 6.6- Serpents of Dwarapur

Post by frogboy »

Please explain what this is...
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

frogboy wrote:Please explain what this is...

Animosity campaigns are a set of online Warhammer campaigns for people to join in with. People sign up for different 'factions' to achieve an in-game goal, and use their real-life games of Warhammer/Blood Bowl/Mordheim etc. as results to influence the campaign map. If you look through this forum, you'll see there have been quite a few over the years advertised here.

There's quite a few members of Asrai.org who join in and take part in Animosity campaigns - you should come and take a look Froggy ;)
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Thanks Biethir I'll have a browse later...
NewGuy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by NewGuy »

You'd be welcome- we're always looking for new players, and [spoilers]there will definitely be room for one or two Asrai in this campaign.[/spoilers]
NewGuy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by NewGuy »

Factions and Faction Figureheads have gone up. Local Figureheads will go up tomorrow.
Findecano
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Lizardmen, Tomb Kings, Empire, Orcs & Goblins, Witch Hunters, Necrons

Post by Findecano »

Looks like the Folcard faction is the proper place for Asrai in this little fracas yes?

When does sign up start?
MyNameDidntFit wrote:I actually play Wood Elves because I saw this forum with threads like this and thought to myself "I could go for a bit of patting myself on the back for being awesome, I should start Wood Elves so I can join in" ;)
"Aiya Eärendil Elenion Ancalima!"
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

I think sign-ups have opened today Fin!
NewGuy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by NewGuy »

Indeed they have! Hurry on over and get a spot!
Findecano
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Lizardmen, Tomb Kings, Empire, Orcs & Goblins, Witch Hunters, Necrons

Post by Findecano »

Beithir Seun wrote:I think sign-ups have opened today Fin!
About an hour after I posted that as it happens, come and join me in the Folcard faction!
MyNameDidntFit wrote:I actually play Wood Elves because I saw this forum with threads like this and thought to myself "I could go for a bit of patting myself on the back for being awesome, I should start Wood Elves so I can join in" ;)
NewGuy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by NewGuy »

Still plenty of room!
Findecano
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Findecano »

NewGuy wrote:Still plenty of room!
Yeah, gone are the days when sign ups would open and you'd have several factions with waiting lists in the first couple of hours. It seems these online campaigns aren't as popular as they used to be.
BADWELF
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Daemons

Post by BADWELF »

I wish these campaigns would come at a better time for me. As a college student with finals approaching, I simply don't have the time to commit to something like this :(
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Findecano wrote:
Yeah, gone are the days when sign ups would open and you'd have several factions with waiting lists in the first couple of hours. It seems these online campaigns aren't as popular as they used to be.

I think the hiatus may have a bit to do with that. It's been a while since A6 (the last big campaign) so a lot of regular players seem to have drifted off the forum.

Or they might be like me and are having trouble deciding which faction to join!
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

I just signed up to the forum, not really sure what to do now or if I will even be able to take part as I don't play games every week like some of you more fanatical loons :D

Edit: Well after having a quick scan of the forum and website I'm finding it increasingly more confusing :confused:
NewGuy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by NewGuy »

What seems to be confusing? Maybe I can help...

@Findecano: Indeed. Tell your friends, we can use more players!
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

There's just a lot to take in and read. With all the changes to the timeline and the fluff for the new stuff etc I found myself wanting to read an explanation or an introduction to what I'm looking at. Its properly more odvious to veteran campaigners.

So if I've got it right, I would choose a faction and then try to gain the favour of the king of Dwarapur using various tactics

So if I wanted to take part using Wood Elves which Factions could be considered ? Or can I just choose any faction and use my Wood Elves battles for results. For example I could choose the Monks Crescent then write some fluff for my warband but really in real life I'd be using a Wood Elf army on the tabletop ?

Cheers
Froboy

P.s. also I don't understand the map and some other stuff I can't remember now...
NewGuy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by NewGuy »

There's just a lot to take in and read. With all the changes to the timeline and the fluff for the new stuff etc I found myself wanting to read an explanation or an introduction to what I'm looking at. Its properly more odvious to veteran campaigners.
Ah. Yes, indeed. Essentially the Dark Gods (except for Tzeentch) are dead, the Empire and Cathay are on the rise, and Bretonnia has split in two. There should actually be a summary floating around somewhere...
So if I've got it right, I would choose a faction and then try to gain the favour of the king of Dwarapur using various tactics
More or less.
So if I wanted to take part using Wood Elves which Factions could be considered?
If you were set on playing as a Wood Elf you could play in the Emissaries of Folcard, but I'd encourage you to look into something else- the Emissaries are supposed to be a Breton faction and the two players playing are doing so as Asrai already.
For example I could choose the Monks Crescent then write some fluff for my warband but really in real life I'd be using a Wood Elf army on the tabletop ?
Definitely, we've got absolutely no problem with that. You don't even have to play games- you can write fluff and submit that for your reports instead if you'd prefer.
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Ok thanks for you swift reply, I'll keep reading through all the background information and have a look at the other characters fluffy bits :paranoid: but I think I have made a decision on which faction I will align my warband...

Please keep an eye out for me and don't hesitate to chastise me if my efforts are wanting, I realise I am new to this so hopefully others will too, mmm now where did I leave that spare dagger ?
NewGuy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by NewGuy »

Chastise? We're just happy that you're signing up. And don't worry, the player base is very good with new recruits.

Glad to have you onboard!
Findecano
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Findecano »

NewGuy wrote: If you were set on playing as a Wood Elf you could play in the Emissaries of Folcard, but I'd encourage you to look into something else- the Emissaries are supposed to be a Breton faction and the two players playing are doing so as Asrai already.
Its hardly Mathi or my fault that you designed a Bretonnian faction and a grand total of 0 Bretonnians players have shown up for the campaign is it? :)

Its odd really, animosity has traditionally attracted a lot of Bret players, they've had a faction in almost all of the previous campaigns and had a good showing.
NewGuy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by NewGuy »

Wasn't blaming you, just pointing out the numbers as they stood...

Like I said, if you have friends who'd like to join by all means ask them.
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Well I'll be playing as a fortune seeking mercenary, Captain Cro, his lucky Warband have been tempted into the services of the Maharajah Singh, obviously oblivious to the evil intents of their new master, but intrigued with his offer of gold.

Check out my fluff on the Animosity Forum...
Last edited by frogboy on 22 Mar 2014, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling, gramma that sort of thing
Findecano
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Findecano »

Beithir Seun wrote:
Findecano wrote:

I think the hiatus may have a bit to do with that. It's been a while since A6 (the last big campaign) so a lot of regular players seem to have drifted off the forum.

Or they might be like me and are having trouble deciding which faction to join!
I noticed that you've not yet signed up Ballsack, you used to be a regular on the animosity campaigns as I remember.

The Emissaries of Folcard are actively recruiting new members to join our growing band, Bretonnian characters are preferred (we'd like to have at least one token Bret character being as we are technically a Bret faction), but anyone can apply.
Last edited by frogboy on 23 Mar 2014, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: it wasn't me...
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Don't listen to Findecano Beithir, and besides just look how Fin spelt your name ! :paranoid: Come on join the Silver Tongues, we've got a plan and everything [lies] :D

Only 3 hours left to join