Post by godswearhats »

Lords (625)
Treeman Ancient, Annoyance of Nettlings
L4 Wizard, Dispel Scroll

Heroes (303)
BSB, Asyendi's Bane, Hail of Doom
Noble, Great Eagle, Dragonhelm, Stone of Rebirth, GW, LA, Shield

Core (952)
10 Glade Guard, full command, Banner of Eternal Flame (BSB here)
10 Glade Guard, musician, champ (wizard here)
3x10 Glade Guard with musician
3x8 Dryads

Rare (620)
2x Treeman
Great Eagle

I played this list last night using Lore of Life, vs Chaos Dwarfs. It was a great game, all three Treemen survived (in fact I won by over 1500 VPs), but I really miss my Amber Spear and my Wildform. I got Regrowth off twice which had no effect on the game (healed a Treeman who took no further wounds and restored a unit of dryads who likewise took no further wounds nor did they inflict more damage as a result).

The eagle rider is to be thrown into combat ASAP against the best target (K'daii destroyer). I avoided the regular ward save as I feel like the Treemen are more likely to be cannon targets than the eagle.

Thoughts?
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Re: Simple 3 Treeman list (2500)

Post by hutobega »

I wouldn't say healing had no effect. I am guessing the healing disheartened the other player so he didn't try as hard to hit those things? maybe. I am trying life magic my next game Beast wasn't helping me much :(
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
FriedTaterExplosion
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dwarfs, and Salamanders

Post by FriedTaterExplosion »

Seems like a really solid list. 50+ bow shots and three treeman really are one of our strongest builds, that I've found.

How did you deploy? I've found deploying the glade guard in front of my three treemen works well- as they can flee through the treeman when charged and the treemen are there to take the charges.
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

I deployed 2 Treemen on left flank and the third on the other, all out wide. This kept two out of cannon range for turn 1, and gave the other some cover. The Glade Guard were deployed in a gun line on the left side of the board, with the eagle and dryads on the right.

The chaos dwarf player deployed his cannon more on the right flank, which is why I was able to be out of range.

As for healing (@hutobega) he was unable to target that Treeman after I healed him anyway, so it made zero difference. I didn't know that at the time or I maybe could have cast something else.
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

Neat list.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

I would prefer a bigger bunker for your mage, if an enemy manages to take off 5 glade guard with magic or shooting, then your mage loses look-out-sir against any remaining artillery.

Nice list though. How do you like 3 units of dryads? I tend to find that more than 2 units usually have a nasty habbit of getting in each others way. Do you place them behind glade guard to flee through or move them ahead?

About magic i know we have a whole thread for the discussion, but i can only agree with you. Everytime i try out life i always miss beast as well.
danny1995
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by danny1995 »

Hehe, life versus beast, every time I play beast I miss life, but I don't tend to play many characters and my meta has a taste for things like goblins, skeleton warriors, clan rats and other such low strength high number horde units where dwellers kooks things. If the meta has a lot of big toughness big save, I'd want beast, basically the argument entirely books down to meta, and list style.
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

What about combine two units Dryads into one unit of 16 so Wissan's has more of an effect?
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

I could. The thing is I think the list works because of it's MSU ability to give up very few points. I also use Dryads (at times) as throw-away redirectors, whereas a 16-model unit would be a significant investment and a combat unit. I should experiment :-)

As for the earlier comment about the Mage bunker, I usually deploy Glade Guard close enough to each other that I can move from one unit to another. It's not often an issue. I try to use my Forest and Eagles/Dryads to control the flow of units as they come up to my Glade Guard, and the ability to move around and shoot without penalty often keeps me out of harms way.