Some Big Site Changes!

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING
The site's important and useful announcements and news will be posted here.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Some Big Site Changes!

Post by Naggie »

It's a new year, with some other new changes!

As I believe you all have noticed, the group of moderators here, the Council of Elders, have started to become a bit too elderly. With a new armybook just around the corner, me and Beithir decided to refresh the Council of Elders. The first step was introducing godswearhats. But now we've taken it one step further. We have decided to resign four of our old moderators, and welcome three new ones.

So we say a big great thanks to Mist Walker, Salamander, Baardah and Ramesesis. They should all now carry the greyed out Council rank image and will carry that for as long as they wish to keep it - unless they're already in the campaign team and carries the campaign rank image.

As for our new member of the Council of Elders, we have decided to promote popisdead and frogboy to take their place next to godswearhats. Congratulations and a big welcome to the Council, fellas!

Apart from that, we are also working on another big site change. Due to low funding, we are looking into new hosting places. The details have to be finalised first, but the site will be offline for a while when everything is transferred to the new place. I hope this will speed up the site as well as give us proper technical base to stand on. I'll try to give you guys a little heads up when the site goes offline, but I cannot guarantee that I'll know it far in advance.

Regards,
Naggie
Sunshine coconut
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: O&G, Ogres, WE's. Crons for 40k :)
Location: Queensland Australia (Although my blood is pure Kiwi, through and through

Re: Some Big Site Changes!

Post by Sunshine coconut »

Congrats to the new Elders!
Monsters shot down by arrows: Cockatrice, Stonehorn, Thunder Tusk, Manticore, Chimera, Blood Thirster, Galrauch, Abomination, Brood Horror, Jabbaslythe, Hydra, Kharibdyss, Stegagon, Necrosphinx, Warsphinx, Terror Gheist, Varghulf, Giant, Frost Phoenix aaannnnnnd Treeman :(
irishfarmer
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: WE,Ogres

Post by irishfarmer »

Grats to the new leadership!
Track those crazy rumors and their rumor mongers!!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 48304.page
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Thank you Naggie, it's an absolute pleasure to be selected to walk with the Elders, I feel like the next warrior chosen to host the power of Orion and I hope the prievious Elders will rest blissfully. I wish to serve the great community we have here well and I'm looking forward to a good year for Wood Elves...

frogboy
:D
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Post by hutobega »

Happy to hear all this. I just recently got back into playing and painting and I loved this website from years ago. I'm glad to see it keep going! And I hope I can help wherever needed as well!
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
Gwill_of_the_Woods
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, AoS - Dwarf/Empire mix

Post by Gwill_of_the_Woods »

Congratulations and Good Luck! :D

Thanks for all of your efforts!
Long live the King in the Woods!!!
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

Welcome frog and pop :-)
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
RonRJW
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by RonRJW »

Congrats Frogboy and popisdead,its only fitting to have you two on the council,keep up the good work. :)
Welshy
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Welshy »

Thankyou Naggie, I have been here a while and am really grateful for all you have done and continue to do. :)
Ethankyou wrote: We rely on tricks, and tactics, and other t words to win our games.
Dimaethor
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Dimaethor »

Congratulations New mods! I have to say loading times and packet transfer are faster and much mire stable, I live pretty deep in the Aussie bush (its actually dense rural mountainous and coastal temperate rain forest, what a mouthful hey!) where reception is crap at best, you now load faster then any of my regular sites well done Nagie and crew.

Also, since I ditched DarkElves ill be making a few donations for the site, also would Empire and DE tactics,tips and stuff be useful?

Happy trails :D
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

Dark Elf and Empire Tactica would be excellent! Drop them into the Glade of Generals and I'll make sure and link them.
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

We're also looking for some new tacticas which we can put into the LEAF. Get a thread up and running and we'll see where that goes :)

~ Naggie
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

Thanks folks :)
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

It has been an honour to serve the Council, but Life have brought me to a spot were I have not been able to be Active enough. Still, I remember what I Think was my finest hour, fighting the furniture invasion last Christmas. Damn, what glorious Days.

Good luck folks. Carry on! Truth is, I will put up a song as tribute to new and old mods and admins!
ldie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK9cLbyXTRo

Keep those Arrows handy!

And do not Think I will be totally gone. Raimie may lay low but he never dies!
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

And a Rammie who knows the help reported posts do will surely keep an eye open. It's been great having you as a mod, and I hope you'll visit as often as life permits.

~ Naggie
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

And there will be more site changes this week. I won't tell you all the juicy stuff now, but when I get some free time, I'll make some sweet additions and upgrades to the site.

As for now, I can inform people that there is a way to contact people in the Council of Elders by mail
If you send a mail to naggie@asrai.org, it will come to me.
If you send a mail to beithir@asrai.org, it will come to Beithir Seun.
If you send a mail to admin@asrai.org, it will come to me and Beithir Seun.
And if you send a mail to council@asrai.org, it will come to the entire Council of Elders.

~ Naggie
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Today, I've updated the Tapatalk plugin. Can someone who's using that software let me know if it works or not?

I've also started working on some medal system for the site. Currently, the images are our old rank images. But as you might have seen, some of the members now has a "Medals: X" below their avatar. The images below that little snippet of text are medals in their current form. There are medals for many different things, so competition winners will receive medals in the future, and people who donate money to keep the site alive will also receive a medal.

~ Naggie
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

The Tapatalk plugin seems to work.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

The portal has been updated now. Due to the developers of that plugin being morons, I had to reinstall it from scratch instead of updating it. That also means I had to enter all info about it again. I may have missed something, so let me know if you think something is missing from the portal.

I also fixed an issue we've encountered with avatars. When we changed to the new server, you were unable to change your avatar. That little error has now been fixed.

~ Naggie