The Silver Sentinels of The Amber Glade - 1500pt Army Shot

Want to get advice on paints and colours? Want to brag about your models? Come here, my friend...

Moderator: Council of Elders

popisdead
Former Council Member

Re: The Silver Sentinels of The Amber Glade -Wood Elf Watcht

Post by popisdead »

The watchtower looks great :thumbsup:
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
Hit In Face
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Hit In Face »

Slowly starting to work my way though back posts. May take a few months! This is a really really fun army. It's very well rendered and has a distinctive and striking palette.
Serafin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Serafin »

Amazing!
I´ve always liked your army and now I come back after a pause and see one of the most beautiful trees I´ve seen.
The branches of leaves don´t look like those brass leaves you linked earlier, where did you get them from? (I really need to work on my Elves too...)
For the name... I don´t know how you keep it, but I like using gaelic words for elvish.
Oir Crainn?
It means golden tree, lame I know but maybe it helps you out XD
Wargaming93
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood elves for fantasy...chaos space marines for 40k

Post by Wargaming93 »

Incredible.
Tenaka
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Tenaka »

Firstly, a very Happy New Year to you all - here's hoping 2014 brings us some new models and a new Army Book!

Thank you all for your very kind and encouraging comments. They are very welcomed and a pleasure to read. I'm making slow but steady progress on the next unit of Glade Guard and then I'm going to do a Great Eagle or two.

Serafin - the foliage is preserved sesame blossom. Hard to come by here in the UK but pretty common in the US (where mine came from). I actually trimmed the foliage from a spare tree I had from the range I bought from Sterling Models which I used to make my 'free' wood. I hope that helps. Finally, thank you very much for the name suggestion - I really like the concept of using Gaelic and will use that more widely for the Army. Thanks once again.
Bolg.
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Woodelfs, (Chaos) Dwarfs, Goblins

Post by Bolg. »

Just found this blog. love the painting (and sculpting) of all the forest spirits.

Defiantly going to try the wood texture you use soon.
Check out my webcomic: Bunbuns
Tenaka
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Tenaka »

Finally finished another Glade Guard unit taking my Army to 1500pts. I can't believe it has taken me 3 years to get only this far but I was never in a rush and in truth, there are other priorities in life. Sorry for the poor photo but taking an Army shot is not as easy as I thought.

Will be taking a break from this Army for a while. Partly work related but also to turn my hand to another project. I'm hoping however new Wood Elf models later in the year will be my inspiration to return to it and get the Army up to 2000pts.

Cheers
robtion
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Vampire Counts, Wood Elves

Re: The Silver Sentinels of The Amber Glade - 1500pt Army Sh

Post by robtion »

Your WE army is awesome! I really like the colour scheme you have gone with, and your painting is great. White is not easy to paint.

The glade riders are particularly nice, as is the watch tower and custom made Treeman/kin. Though the treeman looks a little to friendly for my taste :)
Wargaming93
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood elves for fantasy...chaos space marines for 40k

Post by Wargaming93 »

3 years worth the wait if you ask me! Truely amazing models.

And best of luck with future projects! I can tell they will be of great standard and hopefully see you back with us and your woodelves soon...
Glade_Runner
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Necrons and Space Wolves.

Post by Glade_Runner »

3 years of amazing work.
Really great looking army!
"Athel Loren shall not suffer the presence of Men, nor Orcs, nor Dwarfs, nor Beastmen. If a foe takes a single step upon such sacred soil, they shall not take another."
Rowena
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Rowena »

All together the army is even more impressive. It's breathtakingly beautiful, both by the painting skill and the choice of colours. I especially like the smoothness and elegance of it all, to which the wise treeman (rather than a really menacing moster) fits perfectly.
I hope you will return lured by new models, I would really love to see more of this army.
Tenaka
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Tenaka »

Thank you all so much for such wonderful comments. This has been a hugely supportive forum and I have enjoyed the interaction with such enthusiastic and talented modellers. I will continue to watch everyones updates and I'm looking forward to the surge of Asrai activity when our new models come in.

Rowena - thanks for your long term support. It has been greatly appreciated and I'm delighted that you enjoy the army so much. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Tenaka on 27 Apr 2014, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
Playonwords
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Playonwords »

Glade_Runner wrote:3 years of amazing work.
Really great looking army!
Wow - it really has been 3 years since you started this. I remember giving the first comment - how time flies! The army really does look good though. So unique and really well painted.
SquidBoy
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by SquidBoy »

Exellent armyshot! lovely vivid colors. love it! It must really pop on the battlefield and I bet your opponents are awestruck :)
WilcoH
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by WilcoH »

Hi Tenaka, Beautiful and truely unique army you've created. Great work.

I was only wondering what type of leaves you used for the watchtower :) What brand or site etc?
Have been looking for those/similar looking ones for quite a while now, but can't really find anything that looks as good.

Greetings.
nXken
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: WE

Post by nXken »

Truely amazing!!!!

never saw this thread before!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Sunshine coconut
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: O&G, Ogres, WE's. Crons for 40k :)
Location: Queensland Australia (Although my blood is pure Kiwi, through and through

Post by Sunshine coconut »

Wow! One of the most impressive jobs I've seen!
The skin on your elves are amazing! as well as the colour contrasts :)
Monsters shot down by arrows: Cockatrice, Stonehorn, Thunder Tusk, Manticore, Chimera, Blood Thirster, Galrauch, Abomination, Brood Horror, Jabbaslythe, Hydra, Kharibdyss, Stegagon, Necrosphinx, Warsphinx, Terror Gheist, Varghulf, Giant, Frost Phoenix aaannnnnnd Treeman :(
Syphilis
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Syphilis »

Wow, I jsut saw the leaf details on your glade riders...I'm going to use that idea if you don't mind!
Tenaka
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Tenaka »

WilcoH - sorry for the slow reply. It's been many months since I've been on Asrai. The leaves are Sesame Bloom, also known as Candytuft or Peppergrass. I actually stripped them from a spare birch tree I ordered from Stirling Models in the US that I used to make the Birch Glade. Their trees are superb and their packaging ideal for posting around the world - I live in the UK - not the US.

I hope your project goes well.

Thanks everyone else for your kind comments. It'd be nice to return to Asrai with some new models. I think the Sisters would suit the theme of this Army well. Just have to finished off a Beastmen Army first.