2250 Advice Wanted

Moderator: Council of Elders

AegonTheConqueror
Newcomer
Newcomer

2250 Advice Wanted

Post by AegonTheConqueror »

I've just gotten in my first few games with Woodelves, and am looking to make a decent list at 2250. My main opponents will be high elves, lizardmen, and empire, but hopefully I can make a list that is decent all around. I'm a little bit worried about the high elves, just because I've heard with their new book they can steam roll us. What do you think of this 2250 list?

Characters
Spellweaver lvl4
-scroll

Noble BSB
-asyendi's bane
-hail of doom
-light armor

Eagle Noble
-Great weapon, light armor, shield
-aramanthine brooch
-dragon helm

Core
(3) Glade Guard x10
-musician

Glade guard x20
-musician
-banner
-banner of eternal flame

(3) Dryads x8

Special
Treekin x6

Rare
Treeman
Eagle

What would you add to boost it to 2500? What would you take off for 2000? One of my concerns with my list is mobility, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,
Aegon
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: 2250 Advice Wanted

Post by Mollesvinet »

I found that two units of dryads is good enough, but people may have different opinions about that. Once you put many points into treekin, the overall mobility of the list will usually go down. But it's not all bad, you still have 3 units of combat skirmishers, an eagle and a flying character. Thats mobile if you compare to many other armies.

For the 2500 version i would add some wild riders, to hunt for war machines and chaff.

for the 2000 version i would remove a unit of dryads, 2 treekin and 2GG.
Hewkers
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Hewkers »

I agree with above, looks a very well rounded list. Would be good to hear how you get on with it
AegonTheConqueror
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks for the replies! For now I'll try out the 3 units of dryads and see how it goes. For 2500 I can add 6 wildriders with banner of swiftness, plus another eagle, which should do well. For 2000 I'll try out your suggestions. I'll probably get in a game early next week, so I'll let you know how the list works.

Cheers
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

Good luck to you then. Hope it all works out!
mryam
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by mryam »

good luck

let us know how it goes
AegonTheConqueror
Newcomer
Newcomer

I just had a 2000 pt game against an Empire army. It was a decent game, but I ended up losing. My deployment wasn't great, and I guess I'm still figuring the army out.

He had a unit of approx 20 Reiksguard knights and a Reiksmarshal lord with a runefang sword, which did most of the damage. I didn't plan ahead well enough, and had to sacrifice an eagle noble in front of the unit to redirect it instead of my plain old eagle. He ended up hitting some archers on the side, and repeatedly over-running into other archer units. He charged my treeman, broke him, and overran into the treekin. Flanked by greatswords, we called it a game. Oh well.

I had dryads on his flank boosted to T8 with magic, but it didn't even matter with that auto wounding runefang sword..
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

If your opponent have such a big unit of knights with a lord, then the best thing to do is hoping he will deploy them on one flank and then deploy all your important things on the other flank. If he deploys in the middle, the best you can do is to split up your important things so he can only get half of it. Of course you still need to redirect it as much as possible.

Dwellers or curse of anraheir should be cast at them as often as possible as well if possible.

Better luck next time
AegonTheConqueror
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks I'll keep that in mind for next game
Slobber
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Slobber »

I recently made the jump to 2500 and lost my first few games, partially because I insisted on playing a all cavalry army, and because I didn't want to leave my warhawks at home. After a few games I decided to to make a list of what I needed and what worked well. After editing my list, I replayed a guy that creamed me the first time out, and beat him solidly. So here's my list of what works for me;
The Stag bus , dryads, 20 glade guard with the banner of eternal flame, Treekin and a Treeman.

I'd love to take a more shooty list but ballistic shooting hasn't won me any games yet, regular infantry moves in such large blocks that it takes forever to whittle them down, and when you face WoC or any other list with a host of t4 as1+ your just leaving points on the table
war without fire is as worthless as sausages without mustard