High Elf Great Eagles

Moderator: Council of Elders

Kojibear
Master Greeter
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Space Marines - Orginal Chapter, Cryx, The Viktorias (Malifaux), Elves (Cutlass)

High Elf Great Eagles

Post by Kojibear »

Just heard about the new rules for the High Great Eagles. Apologies if this is old news :o

Looks like they have WS 5, and can get upgrades for ASF and armour piercing talons.

Might be worth checking with your local gaming group if they will let you use the same for your Wood Elf eagles :question: Maybe they will or won't but it would be worth asking I reckon.

Good luck fellow Asrai!

:)
Kojibear
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Re: High Elf Great Eagles

Post by Billthesurly »

Humpf! Try augmenting a Wood Elf army around here and they look at me like I'm crazy. (Maybe I give them too hard a fight with my un-augmented Woodies?) It's nuts, everybody agrees that Wood Elves are "lower tier" but nobody will let me do anything about it.
Whine, whine, whine, piss, moan.

YES, I would like some cheese with my WHINE! ;)
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Shandrakor »

Kojibear wrote:Just heard about the new rules for the High Great Eagles. Apologies if this is old news :o

Looks like they have WS 5, and can get upgrades for ASF and armour piercing talons.
Great Eagles are already Weapon Skill 5 in the Wood Elf book and while we don't get the upgrade options... I don't think I would take them anyways for what purposes my Great Eagles usually serve.

The unit size change might make a difference though if you could field 2 units of 2. You gain Skirmishing and are more likely to hit your target if war machine hunting when in unit sizes greater than 1.

Still it depends on your opponent, as making the unit bigger when using them as speed bumps just makes slowing the enemy down more costly.
Well, my ideas for the next book turned out to be a bust.
But it was still fun working on something of this scale.
For those who care:
http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22620
Soltari
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Soltari »

I am sure they will not let me upgrade Great Eagles based on the new HE AB. But I dont care, I would not upgrade them even if I can, I need them as cheap as possible. :)