Wardancer models

Moderator: Council of Elders

Pusherrman
Newcomer
Newcomer

Wardancer models

Post by Pusherrman »

I've been thinking of adding a few wardancers to my arsenal. If I order them from GW now, will they be metal or plastic? Can't really tell from their home page :confused:
The Wood Whisperer
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elf

Re: Wardancer models

Post by The Wood Whisperer »

Our Wardancers are awesome models, but unfortunately they are all metal.
dusk1983
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Tyranids, Tau, Blood Angels and Wood Elves

Post by dusk1983 »

they are all metal but from what i remember there's no actual construction, they're all single component models (i think maybe the command may be the exception to this but its been a while since i constructed any)

Anyways the point Im trying to make is that the worst part of metals is how painful they are to put together (in my opinion) but the wardancers have none of that. Its just glue to base and paint, so its not as bad as say for example the metal treekin were.
...So if you're addressing me direct, just call me Lance or Dusk, no 1983 please.
Chaos dwarf tactica: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23535
Chaos dwarf plog: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23159
Pusherrman
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Pusherrman »

Thanks for the replies. No a fan of metal. I guess I'll just wait a while then. Been doing fine without them, but seems like fun model to try out.
Brassorbs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elf, Dwarf. Ogre Kingdoms, Tyranids, Orks

Post by Brassorbs »

TBH I've not found a good use for Wardancers in my games yet.
They either die before they get in, or do very little and die in 1st round of combat. Hopefully there's a good use for them as I have 20 minis sat in my box doin nowt.
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

[quote="Brassorbs"]TBH I've not found a good use for Wardancers in my games yet. [\quote]

I use mine as a bunker for my Mage and BSB.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
Taringtoshnir
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: WHFB-Wood Elves W40k- Eldar/Tau

Post by Taringtoshnir »

I'm 90% sure they'll be in metal seeing as GW hasnt updated a few models to plastic/finecast
WizzyWarlock
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by WizzyWarlock »

Brassorbs wrote:TBH I've not found a good use for Wardancers in my games yet.
They either die before they get in, or do very little and die in 1st round of combat. Hopefully there's a good use for them as I have 20 minis sat in my box doin nowt.
Whenever I've taken them they've performed better than expected. From a Killing Blow on a General or Level 4, the same against Knights, to massive amounts of S4 attacks causing so many casualties that the look on the opponents face is priceless. If I do take them, though, it's usually as a part of the army design. They work in some lists, but in others they're just free points for the opponent. Where I find they work best is with an equal number of Dryad units, my latest list taking 3 units of each. The Dryads are usually tough enough to charge the front (assuming no characters in there) while the Wardancers smash the flank. It's a brutal combination against the right units.
"I don't know the meaning of the word "surrender". I mean, I know it, I'm not dumb... just not in this context." - The Tick
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

One poster here used Wardancers, a only with the moonstone for war machine/bunker hunting. I would still like to try 3x6 for fun
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

I use them in groups of 5, sometimes with a champion. What i do is to use them as speed bumps, place them so that if the enemy charges his general/lvl4 will have to be facing as many wardancers as possibe. Now he can either just stand there, or risk getting his expensive model killing-blowed while still being slowed down significantly. I also combo-charge these if i have a character i don't want to be stuck in combat, like treeman-ancient or some highborn builds (so the wardancer champ can take the challenge).
Minsc
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: WFB: WE, WoC, Empire // 40k: Eldar, Orks, CSM, SM, IG.

Post by Minsc »

Gonna use a unit of 9 later today.

They will act as a bunker for my shooty-highborn, but with some Lore of Beasts-support they can be quite deadly. Don't underestimate 3 WS6 S5 attacks per model'.