Warmachines

Moderator: Council of Elders

Keldamyr
Newcomer
Newcomer

Warmachines

Post by Keldamyr »

When it says that warmachines can pivot in the shooting phase does that mean it can pivot 360 degrees and it doesn't count as having moved? I played a game yesterday and I moved my harpies (I was playing beastmen) behind his repeater bolt thrower. I couldn't find anywhere any specification as to how much it could pivot so we played it as he could pivot as much as he wanted. Is that the right way to play it?
FriedTaterExplosion
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dwarfs, and Salamanders

Re: Warmachines

Post by FriedTaterExplosion »

Yes.
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Shandrakor »

Page 109 of the BRB, under 'Shooting with War Machines', describes the rules for firing war machines. And yes, they pivot on the spot for free, and don't count as moving when doing it.
Well, my ideas for the next book turned out to be a bust.
But it was still fun working on something of this scale.
For those who care:
http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22620
Keldamyr
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Keldamyr »

Okay thanks! :)
zifolo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by zifolo »

They are terrible. Expecially when playing dwarves and they are runed.

I had to give a look on dwarves rulebook because they seems to me too efficient. I found out some interesting limitation which it may be worth to be remembered when playing Dwarves warmachine.

Organ gun cannot be runed with Engineering runes (no re-roll misfire rune).

ITEMS (this could lead to some discussion with your opponent) cannot ber runed in the same way, for example, you cannot have two Cannons both with fire attack-reroll misfire runes. This is (the dwarves rulebook says) because dwarves doesn't like to copy, and they are proud of they "combinations".

Other interesting stuff: runing a warmachine makes its attack count as magical (so they nullify Dryads and spirits Ward Save).

Any dwarves army cannot have more than one "master" rune of one type, so be sure to check your dwarves opponent rune choices, and that he do not double any master rune.